Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Edition - Broncos/Panthers, press conferences, articles, etc.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 5m5 minutes ago

Harris said that nobody works harder than DB coach Joe Woods. The DBs complain b/c they "have to do extra, watch extra film, do extra work."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

#Broncos TJ Ward said he will ease into the week with ankle "I will be all right for the game"

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

@darianstewart26: "The injury is feeling fine. Pain-free is the biggest thing. I'm happy where I'm at."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

Stewart said he was riddled with injuries early in his career and he needed a fresh start away from the Rams.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 4m4 minutes ago

Stewart: "Cam Newton, get all 11 hats to him when he tries to run the ball. We know he’s like another running back."
    Last edited by VonDoom; 02-03-2016 at 11:54 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

@Grindin_59 on the generational talent of Cam Newton: “I think I’m one of the best players I ever saw too so I’m ready for that matchup.”

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 51s52 seconds ago

Danny Trevathan on Cam Newton: "We love his play, but they haven’t played us yet."

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default How Wade Phillips can confuse Cam Newton

During the AFC Championship Game, the Denver Broncos' defense hit New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady 23 times while only blitzing 16 percent of the total snaps. Not only did it show that Wade Phillips -- a blitzer by trade -- knows different ways to mess with an opposing quarterback in terms of pressure, but it also allowed Denver to play a variety of coverages, unsettle Brady by bluffing pressure, and still manage to get home with the defensive line.

Different game, different QB. With a matchup against the freakish talent of Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers this Sunday in Super Bowl 50, what can Phillips and the Broncos do to reduce big plays, limit the production of tight end Greg Olsen and ultimately create some confusion for the leading MVP candidate?

It won't be easy, but there are a number of options.

Using the tapes from the AFC Championship Game, Carolina's Week 16 loss to the Atlanta Falcons and the NFC divisional matchup against the Seattle Seahawks, let's take a look at five ways the Broncos can find that ideal blend of rush and coverage. Here's how the Broncos can slow down Newton on the game's biggest stage.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story...cam-newton-nfl

sorry - did not realize that you had to be an nfl insider to read the rest of the article
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 02-03-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

A few minutes ago, the NFL put up a stat showing that Peyton is 2nd for passing yards in post season games. However, all you hear is how he has only won the SB one time. From the stat that was posted, it definitely shows Peyton did what he had to do, and the losses are not his fault.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    A few minutes ago, the NFL put up a stat showing that Peyton is 2nd for passing yards in post season games. However, all you hear is how he has only won the SB one time. From the stat that was posted, it definitely shows Peyton did what he had to do, and the losses are not his fault.
    I dont think he is totally at fault for the loss to Seattle, we just got crushed in every aspect of that game. But the INT to seal the deal for New Orleans could easily be on him although people will try to argue that Wayne ran the wrong route which not really believable to me. Overall i looked at Peyton's SB career no different than John's in that even if Peyton loses this SB it wont tarnish his legacy as a HOF QB but it wont be near as pretty as it is for guys like Montana or Brady. Unfortunately Denver overall has a ugly history when it comes to winning the SB but doesnt take away that they actually got there for me. Hopefully though this can be a story book ending for Manning and he can go out on top and at least would make him .500 for SB appearances. But he will have to play the best that he has all year to do that and that is the only question mark i see for him.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

A little levity as we move thru this week.

Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Spiritguy For This Post:

Superbowl Weather from KPIX 5 CBS:
    67 degree high and sunny!

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoTech For This Post:

VonDoom, we're going to need you to start embedding all of those tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    VonDoom, we're going to need you to start embedding all of those tweets.
    I figured it would take up too much space, visually. More effort by me, too, which I try to avoid.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I figured it would take up too much space, visually. More effort by me, too, which I try to avoid.
    I'm just busting your stones.

18. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Deep breath its only Wednesday its only Wednesday ha ha cant wait till Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBuckeye73 View Post
    Deep breath its only Wednesday its only Wednesday ha ha cant wait till Sunday
    My productivity level has rapidly been approaching zero. I hate all this waiting around.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

And now today's reminder that some things are more important than football - Antonio Smith's father passed away this morning:
    SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Broncos defensive lineman Antonio Smith was awakened Wednesday with news that his 55-year-old father had died in Oklahoma.

"It's rough. I just found out this morning. It was my mom who called and told me. The call came in at about 6:30," Smith told me outside of the hotel where the Broncos are staying during preparation for Super Bowl 50.

Marty Christopher Williams, who has been incacerated in prison for more than two decades, died after complications from recent heart surgery.

Smith will stay with the team and intends to play Sunday against the Carolina Panthers.

Smith is a 34-year-old NFL veteran who joined the Broncos this season after being released by Oakland. He recorded 2 1/2 sacks for the league's top-ranked defense, but is also valued as a strong presence in the locker room and a mentor to younger teammates.
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...-complications

23. The Following 7 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    And now today's reminder that some things are more important than football - Antonio Smith's father passed away this morning:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...-complications
    That really sucks, I feel badly for him. Hopefully the team and the game are what he needs to keep his head up and grind through such a difficult time.

25. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post

That really sucks, I feel badly for him. Hopefully the team and the game are what he needs to keep his head up and grind through such a difficult time.
    Gives him a reason to kiss ass. This one is papa smith

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information