Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Edition - Broncos/Panthers, press conferences, articles, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Hey Von Doom...
    Did this joker write one last week about how we didn't match up well with New England?
    If he did you should post that.
    It would be fun to read...;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Honestly, I don't know if he made a prediction on that game. He does talk in this article about how our strengths on defense match up well against the Patriots (thought that's easy to say now, right?) and how the opposite is true this week. I respect Barnwell greatly but I'm hoping all his research amounts to nothing by Sunday night.
    He was spot on in his analysis of how Denver could beat the Patriots. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...na-arizona-nfl

He's one of the best out there.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Here's a (long) article by Bill Barnwell previewing the game. It's kind of depressing if you make it through the whole thing. He doesn't like the way we match up with the Panthers:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...k-yet-face-nfl
    Also interesting to note that their run game is far more effective in the shotgun than from under center.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Furniture Row bucks prevailing Super Bowl rooting interest of NASCAR world

Furniture Row Racing has always been something of a David among the Goliaths of NASCAR. Furniture Row is a one-car team, while most of the top Sprint Cup teams have three or four cars.

And with the Super Bowl almost here, the David vs. Goliath analogy is even more apt. Furniture Row is the only NASCAR team based in Denver, while 90 percent or more of the teams are based in the metro Charlotte area. So among the drivers, crewmen and race team personnel, the strong sentiment is to root for the Carolina Panthers to beat the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl 50 on Sunday.

Naturally, the Furniture Row folks are bucking the prevailing tide and instead pulling hard for their Broncos.

"Denver is our town, the Broncos are our football team and the excitement level is peaking at our Furniture Row race shop for the big game," said team general manager Joe Garone. "When we qualified for our Super Bowl -- the Championship 4 at Homestead, John Elway (Broncos executive vice president/general manager) sent a tweet wishing us good luck. It's our turn to reciprocate.
    rest - http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...-series-020416

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

5. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I expect them to win, but it just feels wrong to say I'm "picking" someone to beat my own team, so I won't. The Broncos surprised me against NE* and Cincy; hopefully they do it again. Games aren't won or lost on paper, and we should be glad of that. I can't help feeling Cam's right though: That if both teams play their best, Carolina wins, which leaves me hoping we play our best but they don't. Maybe I'm just blinded by their record against a far weaker schedule.
    It's not a good quote. Both teams can't play their best. If Denver plays their best then Carolina isn't scoring and the Broncos are. It's one or the other. If Denver plays their best they are going to be super bowl champions.

7. The Following User High Fived karnage For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Also interesting to note that their run game is far more effective in the shotgun than from under center.
    Right, because of the option. It wouldn't be nearly as effective if Newton wasn't a threat to run.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Right, because of the option. It wouldn't be nearly as effective if Newton wasn't a threat to run.
    Maybe.

We already know Denver was more effective from shotgun. Manning and Osweiler aren't threats to run.

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

He was spot on in his analysis of how Denver could beat the Patriots. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...na-arizona-nfl

he's a good writer, but his beat New England advice is obvious. We've seen Brady fold in the face of pressure multiple times, and there isn't a QB in the league that throws off their back or under constant duress. You can beat every team in the league with constant in your face pressure on the QB unless you have a Denver vs KC gameplan with 6 throws and 52 rushes that work.

Agreed. He's my favorite NFL writer. His analysis of how to beat the Pats WAS spot on, but he wasn't writing it in the context of a prediction. That article was about each of the four remaining teams' weaknesses, and how to exploit them. I'm just hoping Wade and Kubiak find some weaknesses in Carolina and exploit them as well.

By the way, Mo, with the Royals winning the World Series this year, this has to already be a top sports year in your life, no? It is for me and my Mets obviously didn't win. Maybe this is just your year, and this time I'm on the right side of it

16. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Honestly, I don't know if he made a prediction on that game. He does talk in this article about how our strengths on defense match up well against the Patriots (thought that's easy to say now, right?) and how the opposite is true this week. I respect Barnwell greatly but I'm hoping all his research amounts to nothing by Sunday night.
    Barnwell was one of the few people who predicted Seattle would beat us handily last super bowl. He knows his stuff, so that article worries me.

Follow Atlanta's model. They had the DBs to press their WRs and pressure the QB...as do we. We also have fast LBs. We have the personnel to keep Cam in the pocket and force him to beat us with his accuracy in small windows, and not with his legs.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Maybe.

We already know Denver was more effective from shotgun. Manning and Osweiler aren't threats to run.
    Tell that to the Pats. At one point Manning had our longest running play.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Barnwell was one of the few people who predicted Seattle would beat us handily last super bowl. He knows his stuff, so that article worries me.
    And I'm willing to bet his accuracy on game predictions is as good as anyone here.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Damn, I didn't remember his prediction for that game.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Damn, I didn't remember his prediction for that game.
    And now he's siding with the masses that don't see us as having a chance. I like our chances.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information