Poll: What's your feelings about Cam Newton - multiple choices can be made

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Do you like/hate Cam - like/hate his celebrations

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

He validated my opinion of him. Especially by not chasing that fumble. I don't dislike him, but I don't think he's a "team first" player.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Wayninja thinks it would be acceptable for Newton to act this way, but only if he does it every time.
    I never said that, don't put words into my mouth. I said comparing the two was ridiculous. It is. Anything belicheck does does not justify Cam.

Also Belicheck has never acted the way Cam did, and I still maintain that Belicheck is NOT petulant. He's not being immature or childish in his interviews. He genuinely believes that as a strategy giving as little information as humanely possible is best for his team. Which is sorta his job.

Again, the comparison is a weak strawman.

4. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    B.) I think, genuinely (I am not trying to troll, as you condescendingly insinuated), that many Broncos fans would have enjoyed someone, anyone on the team, acting pissed off after the Super Bowl loss to Seattle.
    Most of us simply don't see Cam's behavior as "pissed off" as much as it was simply disrespectful and pouty. There's a big difference between being upset and expressing that like an adult, and acting like a child who had his lollipop taken away.

I think lots of people would have liked the former, and no one wants the latter. The problem I'm having with your statements is that you seem to be saying "Well, this is what pissed off after a loss looks like, so therefore you must have wanted this". As though Cam's rendition of "pissed off" is what people were looking for after the Seattle loss. It's not, and I think I can safely say that without really even knowing what conversations you are referring to.

6. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Cam, like we fans and the Broncos team, were embarrassed after losing the way he and our Broncos did the Super Bowls. Seems legit and rational to me.

But, here are some other facts...

For the Broncos, that was the extent of it. Disappointed, learn from it, prep for next season(s).

Cam facts:
    - Didn't give credit where it was due ("They didn't do nothing special.").
    - Confirmed his poor loser attitude.
    -- Adamantly expressed that he wasn't going to change that for anyone and for anything.
    --- Doesn't this basically mean he rolled out the welcome mat to criticize this about him?

While I definitely believe that anyone can act any way they want so long as they stay within laws, rules, and do not infringe on anyone else freedoms & liberties, Cam Newton's behavior will only lead to people not supporting him anymore.

Parent's aren't going to see him as a role model. Children who DO ACT LIKE HIM will be dealt with by their own parents and coaches.

Nobody can stop Cam from acting the way he believes he should act when he loses. But nobody has to support it either. The ONLY following out there that I can see supporting Cam is the Millennials. The age of entitlement.

Cam made it clear that he's going to be what he's going to be. I for one do not need to support it and will be right there to criticize him because I'm going to be who I want to be and if he wants to flaunt and rub his TDs in everyone else's faces, then I'll be here at the ready to chime in and say "There goes cry baby Cam again." and I will point it out to everyone I care about because I do not want them to be like him and hope they do the same for everyone they care about and so on.

8. The Following User High Fived artie_dale For This Post:

Read at a restaurant in Atlanta airport abd waiter and travel companion said manning didn't shake Wilson's hand after super bowl loss. I said I doubt that. I quickly found picture of manning shaking Wilson's hand abd they said, wow that's not what we had heard...

I feel as though it would be hypocritical to say I hate Cam's celebrations when I love miller's sack dances.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Read at a restaurant in Atlanta airport abd waiter and travel companion said manning didn't shake Wilson's hand after super bowl loss. I said I doubt that. I quickly found picture of manning shaking Wilson's hand abd they said, wow that's not what we had heard...
    seems its just a popular thing, right now, to take a swipe at Manning as he exits.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    seems its just a popular thing, right now, to take a swipe at Manning as he exits.
    Yep, I enjoyed being able to quickly find retort to manning not shaking Wilson's hand after super bowl loss

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I feel as though it would be hypocritical to say I hate Cam's celebrations when I love miller's sack dances.
    If you didn't like Von, you wouldn't like his sack dances. If you didn't feel like he was a leader, and a pouter when things were going badly, then you would absolutely criticize him for celebrating. Hell, we see it all the time... team is losing by 30points and some guy does a sack dance. That dance certainly gets criticism.

So its a couple things. One, people didn't alreadly like Cam. So when he puts a towel on his head while pouting on the bench, commenting to the media that he doesn't know how to handle it because he's "never been boo'd before....then wants to turn around and proclaim himself Superman in the endzone....it strikes people as being pretty "I'm laughing when we are up by 30 points, but pouting when they aren't." Like a child.

Which brings point #2. The position he plays.

If he played WR, then his pouty mood swings and loud actions would be scoffed off as being no different than anyone else. But we look at the QB position as being different. We WANT it to be different. Teams need it to be different. That team was NOT following him at the end of that Super Bowl. I would imagine that he was showing his 'pouty' personna in the huddle with tone and body language. That same kind of emotional reaction that brings you Superman, also brings you Mopey Gus.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information