Poll: What's your feelings about Cam Newton - multiple choices can be made

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like/hate Cam - like/hate his celebrations

Default Do you like/hate Cam - like/hate his celebrations

Ok, there is a lot of talk about this, but not many people seem voice their dislike for Cam or his celebration. So, this is an anonymous poll, so let us know if you like/don't like Cam or his celebration.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I have always disliked him because he comes across as inauthentic. Everything seems like a performance with him. I remember when Nolan Nawrocki destroyed him in the draft evaluation process. It could be totally wrong, but this is my perception of him:

“Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rs-cam-newton/

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

I hated Cam when he first entered the league, but I've definitely softened my stance on him since then. I had no idea his celebrations were controversial until the media repeatedly tells me they are. I really don't care if somebody has fun celebrating a good play. I can't wait to see Sanders do his bow or Von to do some crazy dance, so why the hell should I care if Cam does his Superman or dab? Some people just look for something to be mad about IMO.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I hate cam because he was committed to Mississippi State before Auburn paid his dad off, but I like his celebrations because I'm not a 100 year old curmudgeon.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I hate cam because he was committed to Mississippi State before Auburn paid his dad off, but I like his celebrations because I'm not a 100 year old curmudgeon.
    Or his Florida high jinx. Petty theft, come on Cam.
    Free Hotcarl!

8. The Following User High Fived Pudge For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Or his Florida high jinx. Petty theft, come on Cam.
    The only reason I really have anything against him from college is because I'm a butthurt Mississippi State fan. Otherwise I would not have cared at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ok, there is a lot of talk about this, but not many people seem voice their dislike for Cam or his celebration. So, this is an anonymous poll, so let us know if you like/don't like Cam or his celebration.

I don't voice my opinion on him bc guys here will take it as racism when I just think he's maybe the NFLs biggest dooshbag. For me it has nothing to do with his race and Cam loves to use the race card. But I would love to see this guy get humiliated by our defense. I don't like him at all. Didn't even like him since college.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I have always disliked him because he comes across as inauthentic. Everything seems like a performance with him. I remember when Nolan Nawrocki destroyed him in the draft evaluation process. It could be totally wrong, but this is my perception of him:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rs-cam-newton/
    That quote perfectly sums up my feelings about Cam Newton. I don't dislike his celebrations per se, and I'm not a 100 year old curmudgeon, but I dislike the spirit and intent of them. He's a showoff. He has been doing that Superman bullshit since his very first first down in the NFL. That aggravated me. I get celebration when you're on a damn good team that is doing something worthwhile, but Cam was celebrating Cam when his team was getting their ass kicked. That to me is nothing more than a selfish showoff.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

I don't like him because while he's winning, he is all about soaking up the glory and putting himself on display. But when he loses, he doesn't lose with his teammates or his fans, he goes and hides and pouts behind a towel. Is that not a good enough reason to dislike him? I personally think he's the LeBron James of the NFL (freakishly talented for his size).

“Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.”
    Since this nonsense is talking about the 2015 NFL MVP this guy comes off as a complete imbecile.

Question: "Do you want the NFL MVP on your team? Yes. "or do "character concerns" make you not want him?" No.

Well, duh.

So, we can dismiss the nonsense of people not liking him because of his celebrations. He's an elite player in this league and the only reason the Panthers are favourites to win the SB is Cam. No other reason.

Their defense is not as good as the Broncos defense. Their offensive weapons don't compare with D.T. or Emanuel Sanders. Yet they are 4 point favourites. All because of him. If people want to criticize him, fine. He was the best player in the NFL this season.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    He was the best player in the NFL this season.
    True. Plenty of people have disliked Manning and Brady during years they were the MVP as well. So, why should we dismiss any reason someone doesn't like Cam?

16. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

I don't like ANY player that "self promotes." I felt that the "handing the ball off to the kid" was a self promotion when he started doing it, and now it's just grown into something bigger.

It doesn't make me "old" because I don't like some guy pretending to tear his clothes off to reveal his "super man" costume. Thats a "I'm super man" comment. That's "look at me, I did this".... forget about the 10 guys on the field that helped blocking. It was ME, I'm super man.

I don't like that from anyone, period. I certainly don't feel "old" because some know-it-all tells me I must be for not liking it. It was just 2 years ago he was hiding on the bench with a towel on his head, pouting like a child because he FINALLY got criticisms from fans (his words). Now, we are back to the "look at me" personna that people didn't like about him to begin with.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

I don't like that from anyone, period. I certainly don't feel "old" because some know-it-all tells me I must be for not liking it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	8367
    "One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
    [Disclosure: Well, my friends accuse me of being Abe Simpson all the time just because I'm old enough to say "you darn kids get off my lawn!]

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

I kinda hope this is what unfolds during the Super Bowl. Guess which one Cam Newton is and which one is our Defense.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived artie_dale For This Post:

Cam's fun to watch. I couldn't possibly find a reason to care whether that's his genuine personality or just a character he plays. Nawrocki's "analysis" to me looks more like showboating than anything Cam's ever done.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived SM19 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information