Poll: What's your feelings about Cam Newton - multiple choices can be made

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like/hate Cam - like/hate his celebrations

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    That quote perfectly sums up my feelings about Cam Newton. I don't dislike his celebrations per se, and I'm not a 100 year old curmudgeon, but I dislike the spirit and intent of them. He's a showoff. He has been doing that Superman bullshit since his very first first down in the NFL. That aggravated me. I get celebration when you're on a damn good team that is doing something worthwhile, but Cam was celebrating Cam when his team was getting their ass kicked. That to me is nothing more than a selfish showoff.
    The only option that fit how i felt was "dislike his celebrations" but even that comes with a caveat. I like that he gives game balls to kids and i wouldnt care if he just spiked the ball down in the endzone but when it becomes this whole dramatic thing it turns out being more about (as you said) Cam as it is about the team.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Don't mind him. Think that some of the flak he receives is not fair. Can come across as arrogant though.

Will really come to like him a lot more if he spends more time in the turf next Sunday instead of dancing around, running or celebrating though.
    Go Broncos!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Edmonton Bronco Fan For This Post:

It mostly has to do with winning and losing. Cam is a showboat. He likes the attention. He would be acting the same way if they were losing and people wouldn't like that. But they're winning and people love it. "Omg, look at this teams. Everyone is playing so loose. They're so happy." Blah Blah Blah. Let them get hit in the ******* mouth and see how happy they are. I'm honestly sick of hearing about them and the bullshit like "If you don't want us to celebrate, don't let us score". I hope our defense punches them in the ******* mouth. I hope they explode Tampa versus Oakland style. Then see how much they celebrate and how much they smile. **** them.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

i really didnt care what ever they guy did, until the last night when i saw his "black qb" interview, really wish the ethnic comments would just frigging go away.

Really growing old, the self created separation that is todays hot topic, meh, stick it, dont care if your bright green with purple spots, just play the damn game.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The best way to stop it is beat him. The same with Philip Rivers the only way to keep him quiet is to beat his ass.

10. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I know it will be nearly impossible but i would love nothing more than to shut the Panthers out 38-0. That would totally make my day.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I know it will be nearly impossible but i would love nothing more than to shut the Panthers out 38-0. That would totally make my day.
    Mine too.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Bomani Jones was talking about this discussion on the Dan Patrick show this morning (Bomani Jones is just awesome btw...smartest guy in radio). But he was saying that the 'perception of Cam' isn't different with the people AROUND Cam. Cam hasn't changed, the difference is that they are just winning a lot of games. He recalled how the loss to the Giants last year and at the end of the Seattle game last year... everyone saw the "same Cam that people didn't like after the game,b ut they just haven't seen it because they've been winning... a lot."

You could probably stream it if you wanted, but it was a great interview...as Bomani always seems to have the incredible knack for expressing EXACTLY what he wants to express with words that are sooo on point, that it just makes you say "man, that was well worded." I need to start streaming his radio show as we don't have it in my area.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

16. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Bomani Jones was talking about this discussion on the Dan Patrick show this morning (Bomani Jones is just awesome btw...smartest guy in radio). But he was saying that the 'perception of Cam' isn't different with the people AROUND Cam. Cam hasn't changed, the difference is that they are just winning a lot of games. He recalled how the loss to the Giants last year and at the end of the Seattle game last year... everyone saw the "same Cam that people didn't like after the game,b ut they just haven't seen it because they've been winning... a lot."

You could probably stream it if you wanted, but it was a great interview...as Bomani always seems to have the incredible knack for expressing EXACTLY what he wants to express with words that are sooo on point, that it just makes you say "man, that was well worded." I need to start streaming his radio show as we don't have it in my area.
    Was he trying to say Cam is not unstoppable?

18. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I like Cam. Even with his show off attitude, I don't think it's really meant to be "disrespectful" to the other team or the game. He plays with heart and guts and enjoys it and it it shows - when he's winning. Like I said in a previous thread, his 12 year old mentality is his strength but it's also his weakness. I think Wade and our defense can exploit that weakness.

If it's me, I blitz the ever loving shit out of him. I hit him and pressure him until he beats me. Cam is NOT a mental QB. He still doesn't do well quickly diagnosing a defensive coverage and making the right read. He still looks to run when his first read is covered. He doesn't beat the blitz like Manning or Brady or Roethlisbeger. He's had success because teams don't blitz. They're too worried about the run or being beat deep by Ginn. Our CBs can cover their WRs one on one. I'd man up and bring the house until he proves he can beat it.

Cam has a very fragile psyche and isn't used to not just dominating the other team. If you can crack his confidence, he falls apart. He also isn't a "come from behind QB. He's so used to playing with the lead that he gets obviously flustered when playing from behind. He will and does make big mistakes in those situations. He's totally beatable. He's the exact same guy we played in 2012. His team is slightly better on defense, but he's not any better, faster, stronger, or better at reading a defense than he was then. The Panthers didn't play a defense like ours this season. I think they're overestimating their offense. Wade beat Brady/Bellichick in a chess match. Anyone think he can't out scheme Shula/Newton? Our defense is built to beat Carolina.

The only way we lose this game is if the offense turns the ball over. If we don't have any turnovers, we win. Period.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by artie_dale View Post
    I kinda hope this is what unfolds during the Super Bowl. Guess which one Cam Newton is and which one is our Defense.

That was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    The best way to stop it is beat him. The same with Philip Rivers the only way to keep him quiet is to beat his ass.
    That doesn't keep his mouth quiet. He's a barker no matter what.

But you frustrate Cam, and he starts pouting pretty quickly.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Brandon Marshall, who really has come a long way. Anyone seen him on Inside the NFL?
    “It’s a generational thing and I just stick to that,” Marshall said on “The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore” on Wednesday night. “I don’t think it’s racial. I just think that there’s a box that we put our quarterbacks in and we say, ‘This is how you’re supposed to be. This is how Peyton Manning did it, this is how Joe Montana did it, Tom Brady, so you do it the same way.’”

With regard to Newton’s famous post-touchdown dance moves, Marshall seemed conflicted. First he said, “I don’t want my quarterback dancing. I’m from the old school ... I want my quarterbacks to get back in the huddle and lead us.”

Then Marshall reversed himself and complimented Newton. “But what we have to understand is this is the new generation,” he said. “This is what they’re doing next. They’re disruptive, they’re disrespectful, they don’t give a damn about anyone, and I kind of like it. Go back to when he was a rookie and he said, ‘I want to be an icon.’ You want to be an icon, you can’t stay in the box, you have to get out of the box, you have to be disruptive.”
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2512783

He's actually really good. Very well spoken. I like listening to him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Brandon Marshall, who really has come a long way. Anyone seen him on Inside the NFL?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2512783

I heard similar sentiments from a former Steeler DB who was on a talk show the other day say it also had to do with a generational/cultural thing in terms of how Cam celebrates vs other players. But he also agreed it had nothing to do with race.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information