Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking some other fanbases

The abundance of rainy city bitch pigeon fans that suddenly popped up a couple years ago has gone full MIA up here. 70% of them don't know who Steve Largent was and 99% of them couldn't name Dave Craig or Chris Warren. Fair weather as can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Timmy's right
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Iím the hobbit.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    The abundance of rainy city bitch pigeon fans that suddenly popped up a couple years ago has gone full MIA up here. 70% of them don't know who Steve Largent was and 99% of them couldn't name Dave Craig or Chris Warren. Fair weather as can be.
    I think unless you're in Seattle there's little hope you'll get any balance. Who you run into in city, USA as a Seahawks fan is likely piss-poor.

I have a sister in Seattle and have probably been there on 15 different trips. I've found age is a big differentiating factor. Honestly 30+ > young by a very wide margin with that fan base. That could be true of all fanbases to some extent - but that one seems especially vulnerable to the phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Hey Rex, what's happening?
    Hey Midget...
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb

Most fanbases suck ass and if you live by one that is not your team you will learn to hate them.

With that being said, this just means that everyone sucks and does not mean that some suck is worse than others.

1. Steelers - they are stupid. They think they're tough. It pains the old school ones from Penn. that their once 'tough' city is now a yuppie paradise. I've had three Steeler fans try to fight me.

2. New England - Mixing elite results with natural elitists equals shit.

3. Green Bay - I got love for their history, and Aaron Rodgers is nothing short of incredible. With that being said, there are a lot of GB fans around these parts, and they're smarmy. It's like they think they're the good guys of football and everyone should love them.

4. Chicago - They don't know shit. They're always mad.
    What's shaking, chiefy baby?

Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards...-brady/?page=1

Read this thread guys. The Panthers fanbase may be the cockiest I've ever seen. I can't wait to read their MB if we win, it will be glorious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    John Wick wishes he could go Davii

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards...-brady/?page=1 Read this thread guys. The Panthers fanbase may be the cockiest I've ever seen. I can't wait to read their MB if we win, it will be glorious.
    Looked it over. That's something because of our history would never happen here regardless of how big the mismatch looked on paper.

Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Looked it over. That's something because of our history would never happen here regardless of how big the mismatch looked on paper.
    They're so sure they're going to win. Some dope said he thinks they'll score 58+ points on us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb

Chaz, to play devil's advocates, before the Seattle game a lot of Denver fans thought they were going to stomp that ass.

Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Chaz, to play devil's advocates, before the Seattle game a lot of Denver fans thought they were going to stomp that ass.
    I know, but it wasn't to the percentage I see over there. I've basically only seen one guy over there who has said there's a possibility that the game will even be close.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb

I know, but it wasn't to the percentage I see over there. I've basically only seen one guy over there who has said there's a possibility that the game will even be close.
    I understand. Honestly I haven't ever met a Panthers fan. It'll be interesting to see if their bandwagon grows.

12. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum

I understand. Honestly I haven't ever met a Panthers fan. It'll be interesting to see if their bandwagon grows.
    It will because of Cam. He's tailor made for this young generation of football fan. Wilson is almost too soft spoken, he's got the "new age" talent and the old guard personality, Cam is cutting edge in both respects.

I personally don't care for Cam that much but I am willing to concede that it is mostly the old man in me the same way my grandpa used to tell me how much he hated the Beatles.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb

It will because of Cam. He's tailor made for this young generation of football fan. Wilson is almost too soft spoken, he's got the "new age" talent and the old guard personality, Cam is cutting edge in both respects.

I personally don't care for Cam that much but I am willing to concede that it is mostly the old man in me the same way my grandpa used to tell me how much he hated the Beatles.
    I feel the same way about Cam that I did about Vick; oodles of talent, unsustainable success over the long term, but flashes of brilliance that are lethal and elite.

I think he's kind of a jerk, but I don't dislike him nearly as much as I did when he was in Auburn.

Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum

I feel the same way about Cam that I did about Vick; oodles of talent, unsustainable success over the long term, but flashes of brilliance that are lethal and elite.

I think he's kind of a jerk, but I don't dislike him nearly as much as I did when he was in Auburn.
    The difference is that Cam is built like a tank. I don't think he'll ever be frail. He reminds me of a more athletic Roethlisberger.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb

The difference is that Cam is built like a tank. I don't think he'll ever be frail. He reminds me of a more athletic Roethlisberger.
    That's an analogy that has been used before, and it's pretty good. Newton has also become a decent pocket passer. Not a great one, but decent. He is consistently decent in the pocket, which surpasses most of the mobile QB's. He will be a really good player for as long as he can run, and that means he will be more than, actually far more than, serviceable. But this is an outlier year; he's never going to be the guy who puts up consistent all-pro worthy seasons like Rodgers and Brady. But if his team consistently fields a monstrous defense he won't have to. Cam's in a good situation.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards...-brady/?page=1

Read this thread guys. The Panthers fanbase may be the cockiest I've ever seen. I can't wait to read their MB if we win, it will be glorious.
    Wow, and I thought Cheathawk bandwagoners were full of themselves. Personal fave:
    Furthermore, they are continuing to use the schedule mantra every fan of another team has used all season long. Yet, we still have beat more playoff teams than anyone in the NFL this year.
    Buh?! They faced playoff teams 4X during the season (and only because SOMEONE had to win the AFCS and NFCE) then 2 more in the playoffs.

We faced 7 playoff teams before the playoffs even STARTED, beat all but TWO, then beat a couple MORE.

I dunno, maybe the dude's counting teams from last years playoffs instead/in addition (in which case they count the Eagles and Colts, while we count the Chargers twice, Ravens and Colts: 11/16 games against teams either coming from or going to the playoffs.)

I still think they're better and will win, but the idea they're GUARANTEED to blow us out when NO ONE'S beaten us by >2 scores (and only KC managed a win by >1, in a game where Manning had so many injuries he threw 4 Ints) is insulting. The idea their laughably weak schedule's comparable to our brutal one's just absurd.

They can only play their schedule, so I won't dismiss them for not blowing out lesser teams "enough," but it hardly vindicates them either. While we were beating NE*, Cincy, GB, KC and Minny, they were beating Seattle, GB, Houston and Washington: Yeah, that's pretty much the same. By the way, Washington was the only one of those Carolina beat by >1 score (if anyone forgot, we beat GB 29-10, not 37-29.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. óJaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. óMe

18. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information