Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: St. Louis seat license holders sue Rams over access to LA seats

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default St. Louis seat license holders sue Rams over access to LA seats

A second lawsuit has been filed over the Rams' move to Los Angeles, this time by holders of personal seat licenses who say they should retain their right to seat licenses and season tickets, even in California.

The suit said the PSL agreement in St. Louis granted holders "the right to purchase season tickets for the assigned seats for each and every football season through the year 2025," but did not stipulate that the games had to be played in St. Louis.

"It's our position that the PSL holders should be allowed to either purchase tickets in L.A., or to transfer their PSLs to those who want to purchase season tickets in L.A.," said attorney David Bohm. He is representing his brother and sister-in-law, Robert and Sue Bohm, along with Edward Mock and Envision LLC, an IT consulting firm and staffing agency that bought six PSLs for $27,000.
    rest - http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/l...holders-012116

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Interesting.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Very interesting indeed. I think they have a case. I'm sure the Rams can weasel around this by offering them the right to buy season tickets in LA, but not allow transfer, or give a short period to purchase with a high cost, or something stupid. They have the right to purchase tickets but I'm sure the contract has ways in which the Rams can be asshats.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Where will the rams play their home games next year?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Where will the rams play their home games next year?
    I don't think they've officially named a venue yet, but it looks like the Coliseum. The Rose Bowl said no apparently.

If they have a licensing contract, it's with the team, not the city, so what's changed? Say they'd bought a years subscription to a newspaper or magazine: Could the company call them up and say, "You probably heard in the news that we moved to another state; well, just letting you know that invalidates the license you bought from us." At the very least, people who PAID FOR A DECADE OF SEASON TICKETS should be entitled to a full refund if the team defaults.

I mean, that's some serious cash: Either give them what they paid for or give them back their money.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    If they have a licensing contract, it's with the team, not the city, so what's changed? Say they'd bought a years subscription to a newspaper or magazine: Could the company call them up and say, "You probably heard in the news that we moved to another state; well, just letting you know that invalidates the license you bought from us." At the very least, people who PAID FOR A DECADE OF SEASON TICKETS should be entitled to a full refund if the team defaults.

I mean, that's some serious cash: Either give them what they paid for or give them back their money.
    I don't think you're allowed to pay for more than the upcoming season in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I don't think you're allowed to pay for more than the upcoming season in advance.
    Oh, so they just signed an agreement for the RIGHT to buy; that's not as bad then. But if it was a binding legal agreement, it ought to remain just that; it's not like the fans moving to L.A. would invalidate it, so why should it be any different for the team? If the Rams meant "only in St. Louis" they should've said that in the agreement; it's not like the team didn't know it was planning a return to L.A.

Makes me wonder though: How does this work with season ticket holders when the NFL moves a teams "home" game to London? Or does it not matter because those are mostly Jags games no one buys tickets to in the first place?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

10. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    oh, so they just signed an agreement for the right to buy; that's not as bad then. But if it was a binding legal agreement, it ought to remain just that; it's not like the fans moving to l.a. Would invalidate it, so why should it be any different for the team? If the rams meant "only in st. Louis" they should've said that in the agreement; it's not like the team didn't know it was planning a return to l.a.

Makes me wonder though: How does this work with season ticket holders when the nfl moves a teams "home" game to london? or does it not matter because those are mostly jags games no one buys tickets to in the first place?
    lol!
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I don't think we can buy tickets until there has been a season ticket release and a pre sale in the States - but I could be wrong.

But to back up your point all the Wembley games I went to - the "away" fans who traveled over from the states always outweigh the jags fans who made the journey

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I don't think we can buy tickets until there has been a season ticket release and a pre sale in the States - but I could be wrong.

But to back up your point all the Wembley games I went to - the "away" fans who traveled over from the states always outweigh the jags fans who made the journey
    Well, I'm 99.44% certain the main reason ya'll get the Jags so much is because their ACTUAL home stadium's a ghost town for home games anyway. Between them and the Glazers' Bucs being similarly inept and unsupported, I can really see London Jaguars vs. Manchester Buccaneers becoming a thing within a decade.

Then the NFL can go back to 6 5-team divisions, with a pair of wildcards playing for a berth in the REAL playoffs: As God and Rozelle intended. Always worked for us, and still does for MLB, so I don't see the problem (apart from Bud Adams and Art Modell screwing over Houston and Cleveland so the NFL had to create new teams.)
    Last edited by Joel; 01-23-2016 at 04:24 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Seat licenses should be illegal to begin with. They're a racket.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

the NFL is a racket

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    the NFL is a racket
    No. You're not forced in any way to partake in the entertainment they provide, nor are you forced to pay unless you are in a municipality that voted to help fund a stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Oh, so they just signed an agreement for the RIGHT to buy; that's not as bad then. But if it was a binding legal agreement, it ought to remain just that; it's not like the fans moving to L.A. would invalidate it, so why should it be any different for the team? If the Rams meant "only in St. Louis" they should've said that in the agreement; it's not like the team didn't know it was planning a return to L.A.

Makes me wonder though: How does this work with season ticket holders when the NFL moves a teams "home" game to London? Or does it not matter because those are mostly Jags games no one buys tickets to in the first place?
    Think of it almost like an initiation fee at a country club. It gets you the right to be there, but then there are still monthly/annual dues. In the case of PSL's that stadiums have been using for the last decade or so, the PSL is a charge that simply gives you the "right" to buy the tickets at face value. So, if you buy two PSL's for seats with a face value of $100, then each year, you will pay $1,000 for each of the seats, and that's on top of whatever your initial PSL was.

This is the new way that a lot of owners have financed the new stadiums. I remember them saying that there were some seats that were 100-150k seat license for the new Cowboy's stadium and I think the cheapest was around 20k per seat. So, if you had four season tickets, you would be ponying up $80k or more, just for the right to buy those seats going forward.

Since PSL's are fairly new as far as I know, this might be one of the first cases where we have fans that bought a PSL and then had the team move or have the stadium torn down and a new one built. I would be curious to see if there is a precedent with PSL's and a new stadium (either team move or just building a new stadium) and how that team handled it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information