Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Could Change One NFL Rule (or Enforcement) What Would It Be?

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Broncowave stole that idea from me. But yeah, that.
    The defamation you have made against my client is outrageous, harmful to his reputation, and shows a clear level of malice. Since my client is not a public figure, the fact that I can prove malice and character assassination only aids my case, even though it is not a requirement. As such, I demand you apologize to my client or face the full strength of message board law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I'd get rid of several rules.

More important to me is I'd like to change the calls that change a game. Personal fouls would not be a flag, but it would be a fine and possible suspension afterwards without pay. Also, I don't know how they do fines but I think it should be a percentage of salary. This way the players that make bank aren't out there head hunting.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I'd get rid of several rules.

More important to me is I'd like to change the calls that change a game. Personal fouls would not be a flag, but it would be a fine and possible suspension afterwards without pay. Also, I don't know how they do fines but I think it should be a percentage of salary. This way the players that make bank aren't out there head hunting.
    I mentioned this in another thread but fine/suspension schedules are collectively bargained. I doubt the NFLPA would ever agree to that last suggestion. It does have merit, though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Notice the thread start date. Ahem. http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...s+interference

Pass interference is ruining this game. It is ridiculous when a ref completely blows a call like just happened in the Bears/Jets game (I'm rooting for the Bears BTW so this isn't a bias thing) and the offense is rewarded with 50 yards. It's sickening how this single penalty is allowed to alter games so consistently, especially since it's so often called wrong. The Seahawks get away with murder while most other teams can't breathe on a WR wrong. It's total horse shit.

My ideas:

1. Make two different PI calls, intentional and unintentional. Unintentional will be a 10 yard penalty while intentional would be a spot foul. Intentional would be for when a guy just tackles an open WR in an attempt to save a TD. Unintentional should make up 90% of the calls IMHO it would have to be very obvious to be deemed intentional.

2. A ref watching the game on a TV feed should be allowed to overrule bad PI calls. Everyone watching can tell within seconds if something really was PI or not, so a trained unbiased observer in the refs ear saying "call it" or "don't call it" shouldn't interfere with the game much at all.

It's so frustrating watching a game and cringing with every long pass thinking here comes the bogus PI.
    The defense rests.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Unfortunately, sir, you did not file for copyright or patent rights. Ergo nothing was stolen. I accept your concession and move for summary judgment.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You are under the assumption that I open threads that you start.

And even if by some miracle I did open it, I'm certainly not filing it in the memory bank for a year and a half.

Also, my post was endorsed by our resident ref while yours was not. Guess I postulated it more intelligently.

I think we have this case wrapped up, Keeper!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The evidence is overwhelming. I think I may file a countersuit.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

My proposal isn't even the same. I suggested 15 yards, not 10, and made no suggestion of official reviews. Ya got nothing!

In a capitalistic society one only owns an idea or a thought if they have legal rights to it. You did not file such a right, and as such we must remain victorious.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I would get rid of intentional grounding because what is the point and who really cares.

14. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I would get rid of intentional grounding because what is the point and who really cares.
    You would see way fewer sacks and far less excitement in the game. A QB could just throw it away from the middle of the pocket when they are about to get sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    If you got rid of intentional grounding there would never be any sacks.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

In a year and a half BW will be talking about how much he wants to get rid of the intentional grounding rule. Shameful.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

In a year and a half BW will be talking about how much he wants to get rid of the intentional grounding rule. Shameful.
    You're just mad because when you started your thread, no one even commented on your proposal in it, while my proposal in this thread has been met with rave reviews.

#bitter

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You're just mad because when you started your thread, no one even commented on your proposal in it, while my proposal in this thread has been met with rave reviews.

#bitter
    I think you mean my proposal that you stole.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information