Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: If You Could Change One NFL Rule (or Enforcement) What Would It Be?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I think everyone should be made to have huge side burns

2. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    I think if you score a TD and you don't celebrate you should be fined.
    I would also like them to start scoring the real games like they do in Fantasy Football. This could add some strategies on a lot of teams. Perhaps you get a bonus 2 points for having a rusher get over 100yrds...so instead of calling that pass play, perhaps you decide to run it and get him over the 100? Same thing with WRs...throw that ball MORE to the guy that is getting allllll those catches for points, baby!!

Also.. more points for longer TD plays. You get that 50 yrd TD rush..extra 2 points! You get that 50 yrd TD reception..extra two points!

Kicks should be worth more points the farther back they are. A kick for 27 yards should be worth as much as a 50 yrder. AGAIN..it could add strategy! Maybe you are 5 points back. You COULD go for the TD, or.. you intentionally lose yardage so that your kicker has a chance at the 50 yrder!

MAYBE.. if you kick a FG LONGER than 55 yrds... you get an EXTRA point, just like a TD! That 57yrd FG and exra point, is now a 6 point combination!

Punters also should get points. PIn the other team inside the 10, you get a point. Pin them inside the FIVE yrd line, you get 2 points! This would definitely add some pressure to the punter, as well as provide a sense of accomplishment to the special teams players. They are no longer just guys that run down the field, they are scorers baby!
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

I like this, but your way still has kickers. I ******* hate kickers. So after a TD you should be able to get three offensive lineman to take turns kicking a former kick in the nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    I like this, but your way still has kickers. I ******* hate kickers. So after a TD you should be able to get three offensive lineman to take turns kicking a former kick in the nuts.
    How about this.

After a TD... your team has the option to go for further kicks if they wish to tack on more points!?!?! You can go for the 2 point conversion, the 3 point conversion (4 yrds out), or the 5 point 55 yrd 'add-on kick?'
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    How about this.

After a TD... your team has the option to go for further kicks if they wish to tack on more points!?!?! You can go for the 2 point conversion, the 3 point conversion (4 yrds out), or the 5 point 55 yrd 'add-on kick?'
    Only if the kicker is either on fire or being attacked by dogs.

Work with me here, Ravage. We can get this deal done!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Attack dogs. I like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Something I thought I would like, but don't, is the ability to push a receiver out of bounds and cause the catch to not count. It doesn't come up often, but I prefer the old rule.

That said, that's not my choice if I choose only one. Instead, it's the annual screwing with what a catch is. Isn't there a Clinton joke there (the definition of is is....)?

I think the whole football move and constant tweaking and screwing up of the rule needs to change. They need to go back to something as simple as control and two feet down is a catch, period. If they are going to the ground and the ground causes it to bounce out, then it's a catch. Shouldn't matter if it's out of bounds or not, whether it's in the endzone, or not.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Pass Interference, that's where officials don't even pretend to be consistent. I'd simply start by making officials call it the same for the Titans as they do for the Seahawks.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I really liked it when Greg Schiano has his players rush the snap o kneel-downs a few years ago. I thought all the outrage over it was comical. Just because the offense decides to stop playing doesn't mean the defense should have to. Had that caused a fumble and helped his team win everyone would have called it genius.
    Pass Interference, that's where officials don't even pretend to be consistent. I'd simply start by making officials call it the same for the Titans as they do for the Seahawks.
    Consistency is nearly Impossible because of the speed of the game and the fact that it is such a judgement call. The only way that you may be able to get that consistency is to make it reviewable.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Something I thought I would like, but don't, is the ability to push a receiver out of bounds and cause the catch to not count. It doesn't come up often, but I prefer the old rule.

That's interesting because the ability to push the WR out before he hit the ground was a rule that I was advocating. I really like the new rule, as there is no other sport that says "if he wasn't touched, he would have come down in bounds." It just made ANOTHER rule that was purely a guess by the refs. This eliminates that 'guess' so I really like that change.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Consistency is nearly Impossible because of the speed of the game and the fact that it is such a judgement call. The only way that you may be able to get that consistency is to make it reviewable.
    The only way it can be "consistant" is to have the same ref make all the calls on it.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 01-13-2016 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    The only way it can be "consistiant" is to have the same ref make all the calls on it.
    Even then it wouldn't be because each play is different.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

18. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Even then it wouldn't be because each play is different.
    True, but thats the same thign in every sport. Every play is 'diferent'...but at least you would have the same set of eyes interpreting the rule as the violation the same way. But that's my point, that obviously can't happen, so it's why a rule that has to be interpreted on the spot, won't be the same across the board because that interpretation will always be slightly different from person to person.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Holding should be a 5 yard spot foul penalty.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Holding should be a 5 yard spot foul penalty.

/thread
    Well, in a way holding is a spot foul. If the hold occurs at or behind the LOS (except in the end zone) it's enforced from the previous spot. If the hold happens downfield it's enforced from the spot of the foul. That's why you may see someone with a decent play... let's say a 20 yard run, but a hold happens 8 yards beyond the LOS it would then be 1st and 2 after enforcement of the penalty.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information