Thread: Antonio Brown...Faking?

Default Antonio Brown...Faking?

So a few things have come to light about Brown's "concussion"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12509584_973410819413972_2098099950729912469_n (1).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	8251

This site has a video of Brown celebrating with his teammates' in the locker room after the game.
    http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-...ngals-42710536

With questions like this...and with the NFL saying it's all safety first, shouldn't it just be a rule that a concussed player must take a mandatory week off after the concussion? There are not many who would fake a concussion, but a lot of things here just don't pass the first eye test.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I've watched the play many times and never once have I seen anything that would make me think he's faking. The way his body went limp after contact (arms flailing, head bobbling) can't be faked IMO. So what if he was smiling after he got up? Sometimes people smile after an injury to make lite of the situation. I've seen it in the UFC plenty of times. You don't have to be hit hard to the head to lose consciousness. You have to be hit RIGHT.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

I don't think he was faking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I don't know if he was or wasn't....some of it just looks a bit fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I don't know if he was or wasn't....some of it just looks a bit fishy.
    If you want something to look at with a sideways eye, there are reports of the Steelers giving Porter and Munchek the gameball.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

To be fair, Shannon Sharpe substained a Concussion in the SB vs the Falcons yet was celebrating after the game. Now granted, that was the last game of the year but its not really unheard of to see a player still ok after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    If you want something to look at with a sideways eye, there are reports of the Steelers giving Porter and Munchek the gameball.
    Well, Tomlin's tenure doesn't exactly scream class and integrity.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Well, Tomlin's tenure doesn't exactly scream class and integrity.
    Maybe that's why Lebeau wanted out.

Yea, I read that as well.

Add to that Tomlin's knee on the sideline a few seasons ago and Raper...I really can't stand the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Yea, I read that as well.

Add to that Tomlin's knee on the sideline a few seasons ago and Raper...I really can't stand the Steelers.
    What bothers me the most is that the Bengals are being labeled as thugs and hooligans and they played the Steelers. The ******* Steelers. The same team who sent Burfict death threats on Twitter, the same team whose starting safety said there would be bengal blood and does the following: places a huge hit on Marvin Jones and dances over him; proceeds to tell A.J. Green that he's next; gets fined for a let helmet-to-helmet hit on Eifert. They're the same team whose lineman, DeCastro, body slammed Burfict after the whistle had blown twice. Two of their coaches got into altercations with our players.

They reaped what they have sown. It is beyond infuriating that a classless and wanton franchise is so beloved and excused by the drooling media-sycophants but the Bengals get crucified for doing the same thing. The issue on Pacman is that he should known he would be flagged; cussing out a COACH who is threatening your teammate with physical violence is not a bad thing. If anyone thinks it is they're being foolish.

That franchise is the epitome of uneducated masses on a huge bandwagon apparatus. I'm offended the fans threw food at Big Ben; it was a waste of a perfectly fine burger.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This should clear up any concerns on if he is "faking". This is from Adam Schefter:

"Not looking good" for WR Antonio Brown to play Sunday vs. Denver due to his concussion, per @BobHoltzmanESPN. "Very likely" Ben plays.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This should clear up any concerns on if he is "faking". This is from Adam Schefter:
    Earlier they said he was good to go, or did he just say he was good to go?

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Earlier they said he was good to go, or did he just say he was good to go?
    I'm not sure. Schefter is certainly the biggest fish to report either way on this though.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Burfict suspended three games.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Burfict suspended three games.
    Rightfully so. Glad to see the NFL make such a quick and forceful decision. Maybe this will be a rude awakening for Burfict.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information