Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problems connecting to Broncosforums through router (possible AirportExtreme/Mac/iPhone Issue)

Default Problems connecting to Broncosforums through router (possible AirportExtreme/Mac/iPhone Issue)

So for the past couple of months I haven't been able to connect to Broncos Forums through my wi-fi - this affects the Macs in the house as well as iPhone.

Note - the method I've used to get around this has been to either connect via iPhone over the air or connect as I am not through anonymous/proxy websites through my Mac which is probably risky from a l/p perspective - but there's no other way.

I'm wondering if BF blocks the Mac address coming from this router or something. I can Traceroute to BF, but I can't connect to it.

I figured I was the only one experiencing this but SR said he had the same issue so I wanted to post. SR - are you also using an Airport Extreme? Is anyone else having any sort of similar trouble - especially those using Apple-related equipment?

Thanks--
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 01-09-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm not using AirPort. Just my iPhone. Haven't tried it from any of my other Mac devices, but on my phone Forum Runner doesn't work on wifi.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

So this is using your iPhone at home through another router?

Kind of baffling; I'm going through a bridged AirportExtreme through a AT&T U-verse issued modem...seems like either Broncosforums is blocking me or there's something then in my AT&T modem that's blocking the connection as it affects all the devices in our house.

I hate connecting through a proxy though...

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    So this is using your iPhone at home through another router? Kind of baffling; I'm going through a bridged AirportExtreme through a AT&T U-verse issued modem...seems like either Broncosforums is blocking me or there's something then in my AT&T modem that's blocking the connection as it affects all the devices in our house. I hate connecting through a proxy though...
    I also have AT&T U-Verse.

So for the past couple of months I haven't been able to connect to Broncos Forums through my wi-fi - this affects the Macs in the house as well as iPhone.

Note - the method I've used to get around this has been to either connect via iPhone over the air or connect as I am not through anonymous/proxy websites through my Mac which is probably risky from a l/p perspective - but there's no other way.

I'm wondering if BF blocks the Mac address coming from this router or something. I can Traceroute to BF, but I can't connect to it.

I figured I was the only one experiencing this but SR said he had the same issue so I wanted to post. SR - are you also using an Airport Extreme? Is anyone else having any sort of similar trouble - especially those using Apple-related equipment?

Thanks--
    Go to google and type what is my IP address and then PM me the result. Let me check and see if somehow that IP got auto added to the firewall. Now, there are no blocks by MAC address, only IP addresses in the Linux firewall, if it suspects port scanning or something else. Sometimes, there can be a false positive there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

It happens to me when I am on wifi anywhere, whether it's at my house, a restaurant, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    It happens to me when I am on wifi anywhere, whether it's at my house, a restaurant, etc.
    Exactly what happens? I connect via WiFi all the time.

I get:

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
    Hide details
    Google Chrome could not load the webpage because broncosforums.com took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I get:

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
    Hide details
    Google Chrome could not load the webpage because broncosforums.com took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.
    I know it's elementary, but did you start with the basics? Clearing cache etc?

Have you tried a different browser?

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I know it's elementary, but did you start with the basics? Clearing cache etc? Have you tried a different browser?
    No device in the house can get to the site on Wi-Fi. A few others have the same issue. It could be configuration on my end for sure but it would have to be in modem or router settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I can access the site on wifi but Forum Runner doesn't work still.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

No device in the house can get to the site on Wi-Fi. A few others have the same issue. It could be configuration on my end for sure but it would have to be in modem or router settings.
    I'm not sure what setting would disallow you from one particular site, that wouldn't be obvious.

I'm going to check the IP address you pm me. I'm guessing it's blocked in firewall. Back shortly

Yep, it was blocked in the firewall (removed your IP address from what I'm pasting in below):
    Code:
    csf.deny: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx # Blocked for slamming - Sat Dec  5 23:46:41 2015

I've removed your IP from the firewall, so it should work now. If it happens again, let me know.

Anyone else having similar problems, go go google type in "what is my IP" without the " and it should tell you your public IP. Send it to me by PM and I'll check and see if it's blocked in the server firewall.

15. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Maybe TJR should stop "slamming"

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information