Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Kubiak Names Manning as Playoff Starter

Here is Kubiak's position on it:

On why he announced a starter rather than have the upcoming opponent prepare for two quarterbacks

“I’m not worried about that. I’m worried about my team and our guys knowing what we’re doing. They know exactly what we’re doing. Like I said, we’re just very excited about our opportunity and we know we’re going to have to play extremely well—a lot better than we played the other day—but that’s the way it should be this time of year. We’re looking forward to it.”
    Let's face it, while there are differences between the two (Manning more cerebral and quicker release, and Osweiler more mobile and better arm), the offense is going to be largely the same between the two QBs. In the week 17 game, we saw Manning under center more. I'm not sure of the breakdown of shotgun vs. under center (I don't remember any pistol). So, I think there is really marginal difference between the QBs, because by and large, Kubiak is stubborn and is going to call "his" game regardless of which QB is in.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

The real question is who is starting at RT....

4. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The real question is who is starting at RT....
    Troy Renck – Verified account ‏@TroyRenck

Kubiak said likely that Polumbus stays at RT but both he and Schofield will be needed

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

While I admit I am disappointed with the decision, I'm not surprised. And as I said in the other thread, by putting him in they pretty much declared who they were going with before announcing it. Had they named Osweiler the starter I would have been surprised, pleasantly of course...but, it is what it is. I hope Manning looks more like he did against Green Bay but have a deep sinking feeling that he's going to look like he did most of his other games this season while relying on the run game and defense for the win, hopefully it works - but I hope not at the cost of this organization's long-term future.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    While I admit I am disappointed with the decision, I'm not surprised. And as I said in the other thread, by putting him in they pretty much declared who they were going with before announcing it. Had they named Osweiler the starter I would have been surprised, pleasantly of course...but, it is what it is. I hope Manning looks more like he did against Green Bay but have a deep sinking feeling that he's going to look like he did most of his other games this season while relying on the run game and defense for the win, hopefully it works - but I hope not at the cost of this organization's long-term future.
    While it is only speculation on my part I think that had Osweiler finished the game with a victory then he's starter next week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Peyton Manning may be healthier now than he was earlier in season

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- When Gary Kubiak put quarterback Peyton Manning back behind center in the Denver Broncos' offense Thursday, the coach said he did it because it’s "best for the football team."

Kubiak made it clear he also made the decision because Manning is healthier than he was in November, as in a lot healthier. November is when Manning suffered a tear in the plantar fascia near his left heel -- Nov. 8 in Indianapolis -- and November is when Manning was pulled from a game for a bad day for the first time in his storied NFL career with four interceptions in the Nov. 15 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

"I feel really good about this, I feel good about how far Peyton has come, where he’s at physically, mentally, everything," Kubiak said. "I could see it happening the last two weeks. I’m excited for him to get going."
    rest, plus player comments and video
    http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...arly-in-season

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    While it is only speculation on my part I think that had Osweiler finished the game with a victory then he's starter next week.
    It would have made the decision more difficult but I think they would have still gone with manning.

As it is it was an easy decision and didn't need much justification.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information