Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff Sadness Thread

King's been so bipolar over his teams playoff hopes the last 3 days you'd think he was a Broncos fan.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    King's been so bipolar over his teams playoff hopes the last 3 days you'd think he was a Broncos fan.
    With Dalton - SB contender.

Without Dalton - we could probably beat a few teams, but that's all.

With Dalton - Stylegod

Without Dalton - stylish

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    With Dalton - SB contender.

Without Dalton - we could probably beat a few teams, but that's all.

With Dalton - Stylegod

Without Dalton - stylish
    So you have to play another playoff team at home with your backup QB: A lesser man would note we only have the week off and homefield because we beat both challengers with OUR backup. Yes, it was at home, and yes, it was in OT, but still, it takes a pretty awful coach to beat the AFCs two "best" teams when he's still learning his players names and forced to rely on a QB with less than half a dozen starts. And if Oz never makes a Pro Bowl, that'll be a first for ANY Kubiak starter.

Go trash Cowhers understudy and his overrated QB, be the rare team to win a playoff game vs. Belicheat and Brady in their own house, then buy your AFCCG tickets. Hopefully we'll meet ya'll there. If only because Denvers SOLE AFCCG loss at home was after Roethlisberger upset Mannings Colts.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    So you have to play another playoff team at home with your backup QB: A lesser man would note we only have the week off and homefield because we beat both challengers with OUR backup. Yes, it was at home, and yes, it was in OT, but still, it takes a pretty awful coach to beat the AFCs two "best" teams when he's still learning his players names and forced to rely on a QB with less than half a dozen starts. And if Oz never makes a Pro Bowl, that'll be a first for ANY Kubiak starter.

Go trash Cowhers understudy and his overrated QB, be the rare team to win a playoff game vs. Belicheat and Brady in their own house, then buy your AFCCG tickets. Hopefully we'll meet ya'll there. If only because Denvers SOLE AFCCG loss at home was after Roethlisberger upset Mannings Colts.
    You realize that Brock actually was an improvement over an injured an awful Manning, right? Your team actually got better. Your backup is a third year professional who has been learning from arguably the greatest ever. Ours is a fifth round game manager. One of these situations isn't like the other. In other words, your argument is really, really, really bad. You can keep making it if you want, but I'm not going to respond to it again.

You want to continue to argue with me about Kubiak. I get it, you're a Texans homer at heart. You love the guy. I've already had this same argument with you about ten-thousand times over. At least it feels this way.

I would be more than happy to get another shot at Denver. I'm not so sure Denver would be as confident about the game as you are.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

McCarron's history is to step up on the big stage and Pitt is 30th in the league in pass defense. Who covers Green? Who covers Eifert? Who covers Sanu?

Granted, home field hasn't been a friend to the Bengals in the playoffs but it is to almost everyone else so there's going to be a lot of energy in the building which a few good plays early can get on your side.

Heck, Houston is an underdog to KC but it is hard to give up on a home team in the playoffs.

Besides, there's enough time to get depressed if the refs screw you in Fuxboro the following week.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You realize that Brock actually was an improvement over an injured an awful Manning, right? Your team actually got better. Your backup is a third year professional who has been learning from arguably the greatest ever. Ours is a fifth round game manager. One of these situations isn't like the other. In other words, your argument is really, really, really bad. You can keep making it if you want, but I'm not going to respond to it again.

You want to continue to argue with me about Kubiak. I get it, you're a Texans homer at heart. You love the guy. I've already had this same argument with you about ten-thousand times over. At least it feels this way.

I would be more than happy to get another shot at Denver. I'm not so sure Denver would be as confident about the game as you are.
    McCarron's not an improvement on a Dalton with a broken finger in his throwing hand? Our backup is a guy who wasn't even allowed to PRACTICE with the first team before the middle of last year: Manning overprepares for and micromanages EVERYTHING, so his backups are notoriously UNprepared if forced to play. Neither Oz nor McCarron have even half a season worth of starts under their belt, so it's too soon to be certain which can help his team more.

I didn't look forward to playing ya'll at any time this year, because that's a good team, solid virtually everywhere. But at home, with Lewis and Dalton winless in 4 playoff games and Kubiak undefeated in 6 games against Lewis, I know where I'd put my money if forced to bet, regardless of who each team had under center. Denver's lost all of ONE home AFCCG EVER: When Plummer imploded vs. Roethlisberger. So I'd rather face Dalton if it comes to that.

9. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Hue Jackson has 3 head coaching interviews lined up on Sunday, the day after the Bengals play their wild card game. I understand this is par for the course in the NFL - but I don't understand how this isn't viewed as a conflict of interest. What if they win? Not that they will, because he will do a lousy job preparing no doubt.

Del Rio and Fox spent more time worrying about their next coaching gigs last year than preparing their current team to win. Human nature dictates that there is no way Jackson could possibly be totally focused on the game at hand when he's got life changing career interviews lined up for the following day.

IMO the NFL should take a longer look at forcing teams to wait until the entire season is over - but maybe that's not practical in reality. Either way, if I'm a Bengals fan, I'm making offseason plans today.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Hue Jackson has 3 head coaching interviews lined up on Sunday, the day after the Bengals play their wild card game. I understand this is par for the course in the NFL - but I don't understand how this isn't viewed as a conflict of interest. What if they win? Not that they will, because he will do a lousy job preparing no doubt.

Del Rio and Fox spent more time worrying about their next coaching gigs last year than preparing their current team to win. Human nature dictates that there is no way Jackson could possibly be totally focused on the game at hand when he's got life changing career interviews lined up for the following day.

IMO the NFL should take a longer look at forcing teams to wait until the entire season is over - but maybe that's not practical in reality. Either way, if I'm a Bengals fan, I'm making offseason plans today.
    Flip side, there's no way he can be properly (i.e. fully) focused on explaining how he'll improve his potential new teams while properly (i.e. fully) preparing his offense to beat Pitt. Cincy should've refused permission to interview him, except that all that could accomplish is creating bad blood and encouraging him to leave a team "selfishly holding back his career." It's stupid, particularly since NONE of those teams is likely to make a final decision by the second week of the playoffs.

The simple easy fix is to just ban interviewing any coaches whose teams are still playing rather than "only" allowing it with permission of a current employer who can't realistically refuse. Enforcing the delay is in everyones best interest, because any team in such disarray it needs a new coach only harms itself by rushing to a decision for fear some other mediocre or worse team will similarly rush to beat them to the best coach.

Or does anyone really think Fox or Del Rio will make the Bears or Raiders great again? Rushing to bad decisions is how most of teams in need of a new coach put themselves in that position in the first place; enabling that at the expense of SB contenders serves no ones interest.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Bengals need to beat the Steelers so the Broncos host the Texans. Then you need to beat a Patriots team with a gimpy Brady so we can have an epic rematch.
    In Elway We Trust

The Texans scare the piss out of me but are also our easiest matchup. Actually it's just the thought that JJ Watt could break the single game sack record against us with 11 that scares me. We will completely stifle their offense.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

15. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    The Texans scare the piss out of me but are also our easiest matchup. Actually it's just the thought that JJ Watt could break the single game sack record against us with 11 that scares me. We will completely stifle their offense.
    Watt has the most sacks this year for a DE and they have a LB that has the most for his position. I think Watt has the most overall.
    Last edited by Dapper Dan; 01-08-2016 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Typo

17. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Who is this keeper mother******

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Is he a tiger keeper?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Schofield will start the game and be forced to block him one on one.
    In Elway We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Is he a tiger keeper?
    I heard he is a Patriots fan.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information