Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: McCarron Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I think they could, essentially, be the same QB. Dalton had been having a career year for sure, but outside of this year he has been above average. Not great, sometimes not even good enough to get it done, but better than any other alternatives out there. I think AJ can be that, if not a little better, and he doesn't cost 17 million a year at this point. Maybe free up some cap space with a cheap QB for a few years and beef up some other areas.

I don't know, I'm no GM, thankfully, but I could see a scenario where the team decides to see what pieces they can get for Dalton and ride with AJ.
    I suppose anything is possible. Dalton had a really strong campaign this season, as well as his rookie year. He had a decent sophomore season, one year with a lot of picks but a lot of TD's, and last year he was not very good. This year he was a borderline top five QB. It was a weird season for QB's...Rodgers started strong but he's struggling (not his fault) Big Ben has had some great games, but he was ass against us the first game, and he was bad against Baltimore (what?). Wilson was playing poorly for quite some time, now he's on fire. It's a season where the landscape is unique. Regardless, he was really good, and had strong games against some nice defenses. The mental mistakes were few and far between.

I do not expect him to be as good. Ever. It's a career season for a reason. But I also don't think he's going to revert back to last season, either. That's going to put him around a borderline top ten QB.

McCarron fell to the fifth round. I suspect if the draft were done all over again he would be taken in the third round, maybe the second. He doesn't have a great arm, but he has a good one. He can throw the deep ball well because his mechanics are pretty sound. He has demonstrated some intellect: he can look off DB's, he slides around in the pocket pretty well for a young guy, he has, and he was instructing the players around the LOS really well.

But, he's not very mobile, he's not a larger QB who can take more damage, the flaws are obvious. Dalton is pretty mobile, we call designed runs for him, and he does roll out really well. Ironically Dalton would fit nicely in a Kubiak scheme.

In order for Dalton to be usurped, he would probably have to be hurt and miss more games. On the other hand, maybe if McCarron starts in the playoffs and busts that ass, maybe then he's our guy. I'm with Dalton, both as a player and as a projection of who the long term guy is.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    How do you feel about pissing away bourbon?
    Well the stream of urine is just as stout as scotch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I have a bit of a man crush on McCarron after last night - guy definitely showed some grit. I just wish we could have gotten one cutaway shot of his wife.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I have a bit of a man crush on McCarron after last night - guy definitely showed some grit. I just wish we could have gotten one cutaway shot of his wife.
    Is she as fine as Tannehill's wife?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Is she as fine as Tannehill's wife?
    Brent Musberger thinks so.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Tannehill wins.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

i would not kick either out of the bed for farting

10. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

I mean, those two women are about as fine as it gets. But one has a much better rack.

It's science.

Well truth be told when I said one day it will be twenty I only meant that one day I will be able to afford 20 year old scotch.

But, this is just that much more enjoyable.
    When you do invest in 20 yr old scotch...McCallan's....so smooth!

13. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    i would not kick either out of the bed for farting
    In fact, you would prefer it if they did!

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    In fact, you would prefer it if they did!
    everyone loves a dutch oven

17. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Well the stream of urine is just as stout as scotch.
    I have never acquired a taste for scotch, but I thoroughly enjoy bourbon.

19. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

The latest on his injury. Is it possible to embed a tweet?

Ian RapoportVerified account‏@RapSheetSource:
    #Bengals QB AJ McCarron suffered a sprained wrist. No fracture. Still a chance he plays Sunday. So, good news after his MRI
    Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

McCarron did a damn good job last night. I believe he surprised a few people who doubted him.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information