Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yes, it does. Here are the tiebreaking procedures. Look under wildcard, that is used for homefield as well. Step one is eliminate teams in the same division as others. Doesn't apply here. Step 2 is H2H sweep, which we have. Step 3 is conference record.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures
    Yes head to head sweep would apply. Sorry, I was confused. As long as we win next week minimum of a 2nd seed. 1st with a Pats loss.
    In Elway We Trust

2. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I honestly think if Dalton played it would be 31 - 10 Broncos.

Not joking.
    I don't know man, Dalton was playing like one of the 2 or 3 best qb's in the league when he got hurt. He could have very well hung a 30 burger on us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don't know man, Dalton was playing like one of the 2 or 3 best qb's in the league when he got hurt. He could have very well hung a 30 burger on us.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, Dalton has had a career year.

But it's Monday.

That's a thing for him most spotlight games. Kinda like Manning in the cold weather or whatever analogy you find appropriate.

Dalton was fine against the Texans and was a monster against the Cardinals. I don't believe that I have room to talk about QB what if's with your guys's situation, but I also don't buy into that narrative, either. Keep in mind Dalton was manufacturing a great comeback against the Texans until Green fumbled, and he put it up for Green to make a great play against the Cards at the end of the game, and Green didn't do it either. Green also had that awful stop in the endzone that should have been a score, as well as not catching that contested swat that Harris had. It was still in his hands.

Does it sound like I'm being unfair to Green? Maybe, but he's an 'elite' WR credited with Dalton's career. My point is that we can build whatever narratives we want is all.

The last time we played Dalton on Monday night, he beat us.

7. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Yeah.. I think he's going to be a career back-up...BUT.. I think he's going to be a very solid back up. A guy that you can rely on when your starter goes down for any time at all. He can take the reigns for 8 games, or 2 and he'll be the guy that doesn't "normally" lose the game for you. He may not WIN it, but he won't lose it. The perfect Back-up type of guy.
    This is where I think he can land or end up. He is probably a Kyle Orton type guy. He might even turn into a solid player down the road in years 5-9. It was a nice draft pick by us.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    The last time we played Dalton on Monday night, he beat us.
    I knew someone would bring that up and it's totally fair. But is that something for Dalton's narrative or Mannings'?

If you take that game out of the stats, what his playoff and Prime time game stats?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Thanks King. I think AJ is going to be solid. He acquitted himself pretty well for most of the game.

13. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

I knew someone would bring that up and it's totally fair. But is that something for Dalton's narrative or Mannings'?

If you take that game out of the stats, what his playoff and Prime time game stats?
    The entire playoff games have been shitfests for us. Last year we had our third, fourth, and fifth WR's acting as our first, second, and third. We were without our starting tight end, and missing several defensive starters. The losses to the Texans all had awful performances by the offensive line and the WR's, as well. Yeah, I'll give you the Chargers game was a total assfest. I get it. I get that he wasn't even pasable in the Texan games either, but he gets all the blame.

It's just, eh, as an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Before you give me too much credit for being classy, in the past twenty minutes I'm four drinks in. I may or may not have poured a fifth.
    We're on six. **** all of you. I'm going to shit on your pillows. Poop pillows. **** you, Hue. **** you, Marvin. **** you, Mike. **** you Ray Lewis. **** you, El Chapo. Bitches.

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

The entire playoff games have been shitfests for us. Last year we had our third, fourth, and fifth WR's acting as our first, second, and third. We were without our starting tight end, and missing several defensive starters. The losses to the Texans all had awful performances by the offensive line and the WR's, as well. Yeah, I'll give you the Chargers game was a total assfest. I get it. I get that he wasn't even pasable in the Texan games either, but he gets all the blame.

It's just, eh, as an argument.
    You play with the team you have. If injuries are the reason, the Dalton isn't all that good, he's simply propped up by a cast that, when not injured, makes him look better.

I mean take your pick. He's either good or his guys make him look good, or he's good, but plays poorly in high pressure situations. It's not black and white, I'm not suggesting it is. But it's definitely a pattern, and numbers don't lie.

I still believe, that in this particular game, McCarron gave you a better chance to win.

You play with the team you have. If injuries are the reason, the Dalton isn't all that good, he's simply propped up by a cast that, when not injured, makes him look better.

I mean take your pick. He's either good or his guys make him look good, or he's good, but plays poorly in high pressure situations. It's not black and white, I'm not suggesting it is. But it's definitely a pattern, and numbers don't lie.

I still believe, that in this particular game, McCarron gave you a better chance to win.
    Right, but no one ever looked at Dalton and thought 'this is the guy who is going to challenge Rodgers and Luck'. We looked at him, look at the QB's in Cleveland, then looked at the other meh team, a handful of good teams, and then said 'hey, it could be worse.' You acknowledge that "It's not black and white," while offering a dichotomy. Yet I can't think of any QB who is going to play well with the bottom half of the depth chart as his starters. Let me put it to you in a different way, almost all the skill players on the offense were out. Imagine playing with Bubba Caldwell as your number one WR and Norward as your second WR. You're scoring no points on offense tonight because those guys aren't beating anyone one on one. The box is loaded so you're not running, either. It's an absurdity to say that he was propped up in that sense because even the middling starters weren't there. FFS, Rex Burkhead, who is a RB now, and a RB then, was moved to the slot position.

You are entitled to your belief.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

We're on six. **** all of you. I'm going to shit on your pillows. Poop pillows. **** you, Hue. **** you, Marvin. **** you, Mike. **** you Ray Lewis. **** you, El Chapo. Bitches.
    Best post ever. You're the ******* man.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Best post ever. You're the ******* man.
    Thanks, bro.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information