Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: What would it take (or who) for you to be happy with trading DT

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Mmmmm... not sure I would agree to this. Meaning, they feed off one another. DT would absolutely have a harder time had their been a Caldwell as our only #2 WR
    I agree he would have had a harder time. He still would have been very production. If the roles were reversed and Thomas was the one gone I'm not so sure Sanders wouldn't take a great hit.

Mmmmm... not sure I would agree to this. Meaning, they feed off one another. DT would absolutely have a harder time had their been a Caldwell as our only #2 WR
    What happens to Sanders if he is the number one and Caldwell is the number two? A real number one's impact on a real number two is usually greater than vice versa.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

SR

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    What happens to Sanders if he is the number one and Caldwell is the number two? A real number one's impact on a real number two is usually greater than vice versa.
    DT has missed games, and Sanders has produced well.

I'm just saying that I think they feed off one another. We've seen Sanders take over a game. Now you can say "that's because of Thomas"..but, as I said, DT has missed games before. They aren't able to double DT as much with the deep threat of Sanders, and his ability to work outside the numbers.

I'm not saying that Sanders is a true #1, but he's one of the very top #2, and that absolutely makes it VERY hard to stop DT or to even try to "Take him out of the game." If/when DT disappears, Sanders has been able to move the chains. Because of the speed of Sanders, that puts the pressure on the defense to try and figure out which corner has to cover which WR when playing us. SOmetimes they could put their #1 CB on Thomas and try to bracket Sanders...or... put their #1 CB on Sanders, and try to bracket DT. But rarely are they able to simply take on our WRs 1-v-1, and that is because Sanders is so good.

If they try to put their #2 on Sanders 1-v-1, that's an awesome match-up for us. If the defense decides to bracket Sanders, then that's great for DT. If they try to put the #2 CB on DT while helping him with safety, that's a great match-up for Sanders. But there would not be these difficulties had our #2 been Caldwell.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 01-06-2016 at 12:53 PM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

DT has missed games, and Sanders has produced well.

I'm just saying that I think they feed off one another. We've seen Sanders take over a game. Now you can say "that's because of Thomas"..but, as I said, DT has missed games before. They aren't able to double DT as much with the deep threat of Sanders, and his ability to work outside the numbers.

I'm not saying that Sanders is a true #1, but he's one of the very top #2, and that absolutely makes it VERY hard to stop DT or to even try to "Take him out of the game." If/when DT disappears, Sanders has been able to move the chains. Because of the speed of Sanders, that puts the pressure on the defense to try and figure out which corner has to cover which WR when playing us. SOmetimes they could put their #1 CB on Thomas and try to bracket Sanders...or... put their #1 CB on Sanders, and try to bracket DT. But rarely are they able to simply take on our WRs 1-v-1, and that is because Sanders is so good.

If they try to put their #2 on Sanders 1-v-1, that's an awesome match-up for us. If the defense decides to bracket Sanders, then that's great for DT. If they try to put the #2 CB on DT while helping him with safety, that's a great match-up for Sanders. But there would not be these difficulties had our #2 been Caldwell.
    Rav, Thomas hasn't missed a game since 2011. He's been out of line up here and there with dings but not entire games, quarters, or halves. I agree they compliment each other very well but Sanders would struggle more with Thomas gone that the other way around.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information