Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take (or who) for you to be happy with trading DT

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    He's a top 10 receiver. He's earning the paycheck just fine.
    The only WR's he doesn't stand toe-to-toe with play in Pitt and New York.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Yes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I would not be happy if they traded him for anything. I never understand why people hate the best players on the team. This happens repeatedly.
    Same reason we often call for the backup QB or other backups to start. Grass is greener. Covet thy neighbors wife. Or some other syndrome that is escaping me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    And Atlanta, Detroit, green bay, Dallas, and Cincinnati

5. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    And Atlanta, Detroit, green bay, Dallas, and Cincinnati
    No. He stands with all of the receivers you just listed and is better than some.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Yes, there have been stupid drops and fumbles. But he's still producing 100 rec/1000 yards in a below average quarterbacking season.

No. He stands with all of the receivers you just listed and is better than some.
    Ironically the complaints being levied at DT are the same ones being aimed at Green. Both guys sometimes fail to go back to the ball. They both have some stupid, stupid drops. The problem is that most WR's do that, and most WR's don't put up monster numbers. Green's having an off year and is slated to get around 1200 yards. His TD's are down, but he should hover around 8. A lot of it is the introduction of Eifert in the offense. Yet DT is good enough in the past that his numbers didn't go down, even when he was surrounded by incredible amounts of elite offensive talent. I think that's pretty dope, myself. It's still impressive, after factoring in who was throwing DT the ball.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I would take Julio and Dez over DT for sure. They actually go up and fight for footballs week after week, and have matching talent to DT. CJ is probably on the downslope now so I would take DT over him, but prime CJ is in the GOAT conversation. Jordy and AJ I might take DT over but it would be close.

I'm sure your reply will be something along the lines of "ZOMG you hate our best players!!!!!11!!1!" but I think it's a pretty fair comparison of his talent/productivity to those guys.

He's #4 in the NFL in targets, 6th in receptions, 9th in yards, 22nd in yards after the catch, 64th in yards/catch, and 37th in TD's. Stats don't always tell the true story, but he has had a down season. The only category he's leading the league in is drops with 10. Did the Broncos overpay for him? I don't think you can tell in the first year of his new contract. I'll give it at least one more year before jumping ship on him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I would take Julio and Dez over DT for sure. They actually go up and fight for footballs week after week, and have matching talent to DT. CJ is probably on the downslope now so I would take DT over him, but prime CJ is in the GOAT conversation. Jordy and AJ I might take DT over but it would be close.

I'm sure your reply will be something along the lines of "ZOMG you hate our best players!!!!!11!!1!" but I think it's a pretty fair comparison of his talent/productivity to those guys.
    No, that's not my reply, but it highlights my point perfectly. He fits with the best of the best because he is. And he deserves to be paid as such.

If the argument is he isn't the best ever, then you're going to be disappointed by a lot of receivers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No, that's not my reply, but it highlights my point perfectly. He fits with the best of the best because he is. And he deserves to be paid as such.
    I agree he is up there with the best for sure, but where maybe a year or two ago you could have made a legit argument for him being the best WR in football, the highest I could put him now is 5. Not that there is anything wrong with being the 5th best WR in football, but it is frustrating to see him be SO inconsistent, and the inconsistency has seemed to ramp up since he's gotten paid. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time a player's productivity/effort has gone down after getting a huge deal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

On an unrelated note, it continues to stun me how often NFL WRs drop passes with those sticky gloves they wear. It seems like you almost have to be trying to drop the football wearing those gloves.

Jordy Nelson is the most overrated WR in football. He gets thrown open by Rodgers and often doesn't have to deal with double coverage because of the GB offense. Green is one of my all-time favorite Bengals, and I'm not sure what his stats would look like with a better deep ball QB. However, I think DT is superior to him. I do take issue a bit with Dez Bryant being ranked so high. The start of his career was less than spectacular with one of the better to best QB's in the game from a stat perspective. Dez also has more than his fair share of drops, too. DT had a real slow start to his career, but he came out of college super raw and had a bad string of injuries. His career didn't start with the best QB's throwing him the ball either.

I won't lie, some of the things that I posted above I don't believe, but they would be fair points. Some of them I do believe, they are fair points, too. I think the WR is just the easiest position in football to fall victim to the grass is greener on the other side type thinking.

The two best WR's in football to me are Brown and ODB. One of them is banging out 1500 yard plus seasons with regularity. The other one has more 100 yard games than Dez...in less than two full seasons of play. ODB also is the better playmaking 'omfg how on earth did he catch that' swag style than Dez.

After those two, you're looking at Green, Jones, DT, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Gun to my head, I would rank them Brown-OBJ-Julio-Dez-DT-AJ-Megatron-Jordy. Maybe I'm burying Megatron too soon though because he isn't just doing to flat out insane stuff he was doing a couple of years ago. He was the hardest one for me to slide in there.

Gun to my head, I would rank them Brown-OBJ-Julio-Dez-DT-AJ-Megatron-Jordy. Maybe I'm burying Megatron too soon though because he isn't just doing to flat out insane stuff he was doing a couple of years ago. He was the hardest one for me to slide in there.
    I feel you on CJ. If he goes out there and has another 1400-1800 yard season with a bunch of catches no one is going to be shocked. He's also putting stats that are good up on a really mercurial team.

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information