Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Face it Broncos Fans, We're Screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    I'm going to make a few assumptions based on what I've seen out of this team the past couple of weeks...

Gary Kubiak sucks at Chess and Risk.
    Demarius Thomas got his money and really doesn't give a shit now.
    Vernon Davis is scared of his own shadow, got his money and really doesn't give a shit now.
    Demarius Thomas and Vernon Davis hang out in the influenza ward at the local hospital because they know the chances of catching anything are nil.

Hemanuel Sanders is the only "clutch" player we have on the offence.
    Osweiler looked bad in the second half partially because he was forcing the ball to Sanders, the only "clutch" player we have on offence who didn't get "paid" and actually still gives a shit.

I feel bad for Wade Philips and the defence because they have played 95% of the second half for the past 3 games...and still kept us in games.
    A "once in a decade" defence is a terrible thing to waste.
    Sad but soooo true.

The ONLY reason we are 10-4 is because of Wade Philips and that defence.
    It's definitely NOT because of Kubiak.
    Without that defence we are 4-10 at best.
    And let's not forget that Wade wasn't even the first choice; Vance Joseph was.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

3. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    And let's not forget that Wade wasn't even the first choice; Vance Joseph was.
    Hope Vance Joseph still wants to come here. Elway should call him as soon as the season is over

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Hope Vance Joseph still wants to come here. Elway should call him as soon as the season is over
    I think Wade has done a great job. I say keep him and look to upgrade everyone else.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Back before the Kubiak hiring was announced, I predicted these things:

1) Manning (and to a lesser extent Osweiler) are not the sort of QBs that fit a Kubiak offense.
    2) Play-calling on critical downs was going to drive you nuts.
    3) At least Fox/Del Rio could coach defense.

In truth, the defense has carried this team for the most part (Wade has done better than expected) but the offense is imploding before our eyes.

And, yes, Elway is not going to fire his old roomie until he has no other choice.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

8. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

We should have gone after Dan Quinn when we had a chance, but unfortunately, the attitude was Kubiak or bust.

Did you all know that James Ferentz (Broncos C nr 53) is Kirk Ferentz' son?

I wonder if Elway could somehow lure Kirk to come back to the NFL and coach the donks...I would be a HUGE fan of this because A) Kirk is a great coach and B) He's my uncle (by marriage).

11. The Following User High Fived RyanC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
    Did you all know that James Ferentz (Broncos C nr 53) is Kirk Ferentz' son?

I wonder if Elway could somehow lure Kirk to come back to the NFL and coach the donks...I would be a HUGE fan of this because A) Kirk is a great coach and B) He's my uncle (by marriage).
    Never heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    These past couple of games have proven that Kubiak is not an NFL-caliber head coach, but he's Elway's boy so he'll be here for the foreseeable future since Elway will never fire him. We have a long period of futility ahead of us.
    Exactly as I feared... Elway starting his own Old Boy's Club. Have the same feeling as you, Spiker; can't see Elway making the tough (and it really shouldn't be) decision of putting the team ahead of his friendship with Kubiak.
    Go Broncos!

14. The Following User High Fived Edmonton Bronco Fan For This Post:

So when we sucked earlier in the year it was manning a fault, the olines fault.

Now that Brock is in and we suck it's kubiaks fault p, dt and vernons fault.....

Maybe Brock is still young and still needs time. Maybe if the defense could tackle or apply pressure to Ben like they did in the first half. Maybe if the wr could catch or Brock could throw accurately (4th down pass to CJ would have been a first had he thrown it on target)

We start the year with its all Peyton's fault, people screaming for Brock. Brock comes in and loses as many games as Peyton but now it's all kubiaks fault?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

16. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

I don't really want to add to the "OMG! We're doomed!" Fan reaction.

Reality 101:

1. Biggest problem for this season - Elway refused to do the deal for Joe Thomas. Result: The OL sucks horribly which totally destroys any chance to run the Kubiak offense the way it's designed. I'm guessing that having Osweiler throw 45 times a game is not by design.

2. Osweiler - Broncos are going to sign Osweiler to a long term deal immediately after the season for lack of any alternative. They may not even be 1 single franchise QB in the next draft, and even if there is one, the Broncos are not going to be in position to draft one any time soon.

So, they are going to keep Brock and attempt to coach him up.

3. Manning - We will not see Manning next game unless he can convince Kubiak he's as healthy as he was before the Packers game. Kubiak said this publicly. Since he suffered a "setback" last week just from 2 days of "light workout" that sounds rather improbable.

4. If the offense struggles against the Bengals and they lose again, they will need to win the last home game to have any chance for the playoffs, and KC wins the division. 10-6 will not get this team a playoff berth when the Steelers and Jets are breathing down their necks.

5. Regardless of whether Denver gets a 1st round bye, this does not look like a championship team. The defense was supposed to be a SB caliber and the anchor point around which the team could rally, but Antonio Brown caught 16 balls for 189 yards and 2 TDs. That ain't Championship caliber. Not even close.

If the defense is going to play like this in big games chances for Denver to win a SB are absolutely NIL.

18. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    So when we sucked earlier in the year it was manning a fault, the olines fault.

Now that Brock is in and we suck it's kubiaks fault p, dt and vernons fault.....

Maybe Brock is still young and still needs time. Maybe if the defense could tackle or apply pressure to Ben like they did in the first half. Maybe if the wr could catch or Brock could throw accurately (4th down pass to CJ would have been a first had he thrown it on target)

We start the year with its all Peyton's fault, people screaming for Brock. Brock comes in and loses as many games as Peyton but now it's all kubiaks fault?
    A lot of the same people who were Jonesing for Teeeebow!(tm) long after he washed out of the league a proven failure, have latched onto Brock!(tm)

In reality we don't know if Osweiler can play in this league but we're going to find out over the next 2 seasons. It would help if they shipped Michael Schofield out to the Philippines and got a really GOOD set of T's.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Anybody ever have favorite LP or CD that you just loved more than all of your other ones put together?
    Then one day you are horrified to find that it has a scratch on it and the same part of the song keeps playing over..and over...and over...
    Stop me if you've heard this one before...

"There are some things we need to get cleaned up. There are some things we need to get fixed, and we will get them fixed." - Brock Osweiler

Carry on, my wayward son...
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Anybody ever have favorite LP or CD that you just loved more than all of your other ones put together?
    Then one day you are horrified to find that it has a scratch on it and the same part of the song keeps playing over..and over...and over...
    Stop me if you've heard this one before...

"There are some things we need to get cleaned up. There are some things we need to get fixed, and we will get them fixed." - Brock Osweiler

Carry on, my wayward son...
    I get it, but what is he supposed to say? Go all belicheat and say "didn't play well enough" "what do you think?" "didn't make plays" "ask me another question and I am going to drown your dog, slap your wife, and steal your Christmas lights."

22. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

spiker....BRONCOS didn't want a 13-3 record anyway. Anyway, I thought the majority had this game as a loss to begin with. It's odd that the ones who predicted a loss, are the most angry.

24. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information