Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Face it Broncos Fans, We're Screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yashahla17 View Post
    His play calling is bad. But having this type of defense allowed him to call bogus games. Kubiak will probably open it up next year with a full off season with Brock and the big arm.
    Kubiak will probably open it up with a line that can get a guy like CJ more than 3.9 yds/att in a SB (or more than ZERO for Hillman) and doesn't give up strip- and other sacks like a cheerleader gives it up on prom night. He'll probably still nurse that big INACCURATE arm along until he has more than half a dozen starts though.

Shit gets OLD, dude: When Manning's in, he limits Kubiaks offense, but when Bossweiler's in KUBIAK limits HIM. Maybe the line's garbage that doesn't give EITHER of them any run support OR protection. Maybe 5 League MVPs>6 career starts. Your boy's got a shot, but if he DOES become a franchise QB (and the odds are against him whether you like it or not) it'll be BECAUSE of Kubiak:

EVERY starting QB he's EVER had—Young, Elway, Griese, Plummer, Schaub, Flacco—made at least ONE Pro Bowl under Kubiak. Two went 3-0 in SBs and into the NFL HoF on the first ballot. The guy WON A PLAYOFF GAME WITH A ROOKIE 5TH ROUNDER, because that was the highest draft pick his idiot owner would let him spend in a desperate attempt to upgrade Schaub before he got them BOTH fired.

Four years, a head coach and a bunch of bum QBs later, that team's best hope for 2016 is: The same 5th round QB Kubiak drafted in 2011. Hell, McNair wouldn't even let Kubiak spend a SEVENTH (i.e. FINAL) round pick on Keenum in 2012; he had to wait till all 32 teams passed 7 times and then snatch the guy up as an UDFA. Now he's the Rams best hope for 2016. Imagine what Kubiak could've found if allowed to draft a QB in the 4th, let alone higher.

Point being, again, IF your boy's a first ballot HoFer it'll be because Kubiak MADE him one, not because he overcame a moronic coach "holding him back." The reality is new NFL head coaches come in on a timer: 3-4 (MAYBE 5) years to get to a SB or they're GONE, and even getting there only buys them an extra year or two to win it. Well, Kubiak won it his FIRST year; how much time do you think THAT bought? Even before considering he was the GMs rookie camp roommate, backup through 3 SB losses, and OC for a pair of SBs wins. There's another thing all new coaches do: Find "their" QB. If that's Oz, great, but if not, we and he will move on separately.

Now, let's all get back to savoring our Super Bowl win. It takes a mountain of skill AND a heavy dollop of luck to get one, and they're STILL rare: Don't spoil this one.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

What the **** are you talking about?

This is why I don't read anything you post unless it's a few sentences. You get to rambling just saying any and everything that has nothing to do with anything.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Same to you, buddy. I've never been more happy to be wrong.
    To be honest we all felt this way after the Raiders game....I came home thinking dang we are not going to make the playoffs. That's what makes this win so very, very sweet. They played for each other and that's a bond they will share the rest of their lives. Still can't believe it's real and yet so very, very happy that it is.

Happy Super Bowl Win.....wooo hoooo..................
    Getting Stoked

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information