Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Why the order is PC > Ps4 >Xbox

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I'm losing my patience. This xbox keeps freezing up. I'll probably sell it. And before anyone says anything, my PS4s did the same thing. It pisses me off.
    Is it freezing up during online play? Which game is it? Could be a streaming issue. Could be hardware related. As far as luck with system hardware issues, well, that's not exclusive to either console or even PCs. Though I haven't owned an Xbone, I've had previous Xbox systems. Several of them failed. I've also experienced failures for previous iterations of older Playstation models, though my PS4 has been solid so far. But least not forget that the last few generations of "consoles" were essentially medium-ranged gaming computers / media centers at their release point. They are prone to the same heat-related hardware failures found on gaming laptop or desktops. The only difference is that console hardware and software coincide for mass production and is standardized to operate within the same tolerances regardless of machine, where as gaming computers have a wide variance and are highly susceptible to consumer / user setup and operator error, especially depending on the higher end chips and boards. If your Xbone is freezing up due to heat or a piece of hardware failing, that most likely is a manufacture related failure, and is a warranty issue, unlike end user fault/error that tends to occur in bad PC configurations (bad setup, inadequate cooling, overclocking, wiring, etc.).

If it's failing you and you're still in warranty, seek a warranty repair/replacement via Microsoft. Unless it's abnormally dusty/dirty inside, damaged or the case has been tampered with, they likely repair it for you outside of shipping cost. If you're beyond the one year warranty limit, still contact them. It may be much cheaper to have them repair it anyway versus buying a new system outright.

On a related noted, even though my latest PC build was as good or better than my previous, and even though I am OCD about quality parts, cooling features, etc., my "Ultra Durable" Gigabyte motherboard began to auto shut-off after only six months of use. Shit happens. I sent them the board. It was a faulty bus PCI chip. They sent me a brand new board. Like I said, you never know. Good luck!
    Last edited by pulse; 01-23-2016 at 10:13 PM.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

I'm losing my patience. This xbox keeps freezing up. I'll probably sell it. And before anyone says anything, my PS4s did the same thing. It pisses me off.
    Sounds like you have a power issue TBH

as for problems with different consoles... neither is better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Is it freezing up during online play? Which game is it? Could be a streaming issue. Could be hardware related. As far as luck with system hardware issues, well, that's not exclusive to either console or even PCs. Though I haven't owned an Xbone, I've had previous Xbox systems. Several of them failed. I've also experienced failures for previous iterations of older Playstation models, though my PS4 has been solid so far. But least not forget that the last few generations of "consoles" were essentially medium-ranged gaming computers / media centers at their release point. They are prone to the same heat-related hardware failures found on gaming laptop or desktops. The only difference is that console hardware and software coincide for mass production and is standardized to operate within the same tolerances regardless of machine, where as gaming computers have a wide variance and are highly susceptible to consumer / user setup and operator error, especially depending on the higher end chips and boards. If your Xbone is freezing up due to heat or a piece of hardware failing, that most likely is a manufacture related failure, and is a warranty issue, unlike end user fault/error that tends to occur in bad PC configurations (bad setup, inadequate cooling, overclocking, wiring, etc.).

If it's failing you and you're still in warranty, seek a warranty repair/replacement via Microsoft. Unless it's abnormally dusty/dirty inside, damaged or the case has been tampered with, they likely repair it for you outside of shipping cost. If you're beyond the one year warranty limit, still contact them. It may be much cheaper to have them repair it anyway versus buying a new system outright.

On a related noted, even though my latest PC build was as good or better than my previous, and even though I am OCD about quality parts, cooling features, etc., my "Ultra Durable" Gigabyte motherboard began to auto shut-off after only six months of use. Shit happens. I sent them the board. It was a faulty bus PCI chip. They sent me a brand new board. Like I said, you never know. Good luck!
    When I worked retail for 7 years, our return rate Gigabyte mohterboards was about 20%. Pretty high, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i have my ps4 since day one of release. no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i have my ps4 since day one of release. no problems.
    I love mine, but am not sure this post is helpful for those having issues...
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

if both consoles have same issue, try a different outlet, different tv

7. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

It usually happens with Madden, though 99.9% of the time I'm playong Madden anyway. The picture will freeze up but you still have audio.

Also, several times on the franchise menu screen I will select something and it will select the wrong thing. Then I'll hit the "select" button, or whatever it is called now, and save it. After that it will work.

I think I still prefer ps4. Less glitches and less updates/downloads. Honestly, neither is worth more than $200 imo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I forgot to update. Traded my xbox1 to a ps4

11. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I forgot to update. Traded my xbox1 to a ps4
    lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

new graphics mod for pc battlefront.

bumped up the lighting and shadows and textures.

Only can do this on PC.

Looks real.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I lost all of my PSN friends

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

how awesome do those graphics look tho

I lost all of my PSN friends
    That's exactly why I'm getting an XB1 in a week...(Keeping the PS4, but no one plays on PS4...)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information