Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the order is PC > Ps4 >Xbox

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Given, and I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy anything at all. My point was the OP is being a little ridiculous showing not only cherry picked in game shots but comparing a machine that cost thousands of dollars to one that costs 300-400. This is not an apples to apples comparison and is invalid. Game on whatever you want, only a jackass will sit here and argue which one is better based on that.
    Wait SO because one is better than another, but it costs more, its retarded to argue which one is better? Ok.

it is an aples to apples comparison because the discussion was talking about he difference in graphics. Your FUN and enjoyment, is a different discussion. I get that the pics were biased, but the discussion is on graphics and quality. THe price of which provides the difference, was NOT the discussion.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Wait SO because one is better than another, but it costs more, its retarded to argue which one is better? Ok.

it is an aples to apples comparison because the discussion was talking about he difference in graphics. Your FUN and enjoyment, is a different discussion. I get that the pics were biased, but the discussion is on graphics and quality. THe price of which provides the difference, was NOT the discussion.
    Oh, so we're talking only about graphics then?

Well, in that case, let's go find pictures of a 25,000 computer and compare! We can really push the envelope here!!!!!!!!!!

3. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

again its not the total price of the computer, more so the price of the graphics card.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    again its not the total price of the computer, more so the price of the graphics card.
    Well that changes everything then. I mean, that doesn't add to total cost or anything.

Oh, so we're talking only about graphics then?

Well, in that case, let's go find pictures of a 25,000 computer and compare! We can really push the envelope here!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok, Davii. If you can show me the graphics from a 25,000 computer and then bring that to the discussion.... or the topic...then great.

Look.. I don't know what the problem is here. Falco brought up some lame comparisons, but the pont is that PCs have better graphics quality over the consoles. The price isn't really the discussion.

If someone asked you.."Hey, what's the best gun for killing a deer?" YOu would give them the answer as to what the best gun was. If they then asked..."but is that cheaper than the one I can get at Wal Mart?" You would say, "that isnt' what you asked." It's the same thing.

If you don't find PCs worth the cost to you..GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's ******* awesome, good for you. But don't sit here and bitch that the comparisons aren't fair because they don't fit into your pocketbook. That wasn't the discussion from the start.

Also.. just to let you know.. you won't find a 25,000 dollar computer that gives me a better graphics quality over what has been shown because the quality can only go to the quality that it was produced and not beyond.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Ravage, I'm going to ask you nicely to mind your tone when you speak to Davii.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    The processor and what not matters as well, though, right? I get what you're saying, though.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I get it, but I think it's a stupid ******* comparison.

Hey guys, Ferrari > Ford > Fiat even though they all start with F!

No shit a high end PC built purposely to have shit hot graphics will have better graphics than something designed for still good, but on a budget.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

I get it, but I think it's a stupid ******* comparison.

Hey guys, Ferrari > Ford > Fiat even though they all start with F!

No shit a high end PC built purposely to have shit hot graphics will have better graphics than something designed for still good, but on a budget.
    There's also something to be said for diminishing returns. You can quickly drop four or five grand on a PC, but after x amount of the dollars the improvements are not only superfluous but inefficient in terms of dollars spent. Now there is something to be said for some people like doing that, and as someone who has in the past dropped big bucks on a PC, not to that extent, though, I can tell you it's fun to do.

But that does not mean it's better. It was better, for me, but not better overall.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I find this discussion almost as ridiculous as the beer thread.

I have two 360's, and we're getting an Xbox One for Christmas. I use my computer for work, which doesn't require high resolution graphic capability. I get some need a computer like that for their their work. I just think it's a waste of money if you have one just for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I find this discussion almost as ridiculous as the beer thread.

I have two 360's, and we're getting an Xbox One for Christmas. I use my computer for work, which doesn't require high resolution graphic capability. I get some need a computer like that for their their work. I just think it's a waste of money if you have one just for gaming.
    Depends on the gaming you do, as well. If all you want to play is the xbox type of games, then yeah. But if you want bigger, more in depth, MMO games then the online PC gaming is by far the better investment. If you are big in to sim games (meaning, trying to simulate racing/flying or whatevers your favorite)...then PC is by FAR the better investment.

People can say "yeah but it SHOULD have better graphics, so its stupid to compare"...isn't really getting the point. If I ask you which is better, xbox One or gameboy (they make those anymore?)..... the obvious is xbox one...but the next question (on this thread) would be:

"but which one costs more?? So I could ALMOST get the same gaming, for a lot less money with the gameboy, so which would would I spend my money on???" Is that the ONLY way to compare the gameboy to the Xbox One, cost? Same with comparing PC and consoles, that isn't the only reason to compare.

The pure number of games available for PC completely dwarfs the consoles...not to mention all the add ons to Pc games and mods to the pc games. The costs of games can be much more reasonable...not to mention access to develpment games..free games.... and online gaming.

I mean, we could look at it from a "number of hours spent on it" perspective as well.... If a person is working their computer for internet exploring, work, streaming, entertainment center, AND gaming....then it's easy to see that a PC could very well have many more hours used on it than just a pure gaming console.

Plus, the PC isn't JUST a gaming machine. Some purely look at things from the monetary perspective alone, but there is a LOT more involved in the investement than just the bottom line. Not to mention, the arbituary numbers (costs of a pc) that are just being thrown around for the sake of argument.

If you havent' been a PC gamer, I could understand why one wouldn't see all the advantages to PC gaming...especially if ALL you are looking at is the numbers people are throwing at the screen. But it's really not that cut-n-dry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

It's not about the money. It's what else I could do with that money. I could buy a Mercedes or BMW, but it's a waste when there are perfectly capable and nice vehicles that cost far less and provide the same enjoyment. Cars, like computers, are hardly an investment.

I'd venture a guess I was playing games on a PC before most here could walk or talk. That said, I simply don't have time to spend playing games all day, so it's a silly "investment" for me. And frankly, unless you are a major gamer, you don't need a system that costs all that much. Maybe once I'm retired and the wife is still working, I'll take a closer look but for right now, my Xbox 360's (and soon to be Xbox One) are just fine for my needs. There's also the advantage of renting the games I'm interested in playing. If I like them I keep them. I'm not sure you can do that with PC games, can you? Is there a site where you can rent software for a PC?

I don't know if it was mentioned in all of that, but you can very simply hook up an XBOX controller to your computer. Hell, I've ever hooked up a PS3 controller to a tablet and played PS1 games. Controllers shouldn't be a problem.

Just because you play PC games doesn't mean you spent thousands on a PC. I bought a $500 laptop and it has the recommended specs and then some of the games I buy from Steam.

That's another thing. Console games are outrageous. Some games will be out a year and barely drop to $40. The lowest they usually go is $20. You can get a ton of PC games for under 10 bucks. You can get a full series of games for $10. I think that's how much I paid for 3 Fallout games total. I paid about $20 total for all of the Saints Row games.

I take 1 thing with me to work to help me pass the time. My laptop. I don't have to set up a gaming system. I just have my laptop sitting in front of me. It works for me.

19. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information