Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the order is PC > Ps4 >Xbox

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

and furthermore, why the london scene matters more then most.

Games are heading towards bigger environments, grand scale worlds. And they want to be able to represent those environments with the most detail. The difference will not show up in small scale enviroments, like a football stadium,

Not much difference in small scale environments....

but when above an entire city, gazing across the ENTIRE environment, PC is the best for that and most likely always will be.

Not having to hide half of the environment in fog, because the system can not handle the rendering of it all.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 12-16-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

This is why if you ever played some of the GTAs for the former consoles and end up going fast, you would sometimes pass into areas that were not even loaded yet, simply because the system could not handle that type of load on previous gen systems.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Noob question here. Are the screenshots of PC games in those pics from the high-end gaming PCs that cost thousands of bucks, or are they from PCs that cost the same as you can get an XB1/PS4 for? Because that matters. If those shots are from PCs that cost 3x as much as those consoles, then they damn well better have better speed and graphics.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Well the GFX card for the pc probably cost as much as the consoles themselves.

Because with PC you can have a great GFX card, but have really shitty other pieces of equipment. PCs really only became thousands when you start combining in Solid State Drives and New Gen processors.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Well the GFX card for the pc probably cost as much as the consoles themselves.
    Well that explains it then. Kind of an unfair comparison. No shit something that costs way more is probably going to be way better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

But like for example, i do renders on my pc in maya, 3dsmax, etc for work.

I have to have realistic looking shadows. I cant have any blurriness.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Well that explains it then. Kind of an unfair comparison. No shit something that costs way more is probably going to be way better.
    well its not just the graphics and detail on PC, frame rate is huge.

With PCs you can get up to 60fps on games, so the motion/animation overall even becomes more lifelike.

Thats where the biggest differences become even more noticeable.

But its the point of the game manufactures as to why they know that the consoles will never compete with PCs in gaming. Not only ar the processors better in PCs...thus allowing much MUCH larger games, but the graphics processors are larger as well. SO not only do the games LOOK btter, but can literally dwarf the console games in regards to content and scale.

They proved that games that have come out on all three, the gaming manufactures tried to "turn down" the graphics on the PC version purely because they didn't want the console versions to look like shit.

Before you say "but its not fair because of cost." That's really a bs question. Meaning, if you read a magazine that compares the fastest cars, and who hits 60mph the fastest. Do you ask "Yeah, but how much do each of those cars cost" to then compare the results? No. You look at the results and judge the results based on the criteria of which it's being compared.

If you are comparing game speed, processor speed, frame rate, and graphics quality.... PC is by far the superior product..... period.

If you want to make a different category and compare prices, then that's a different subject.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Now I"m a HUGE PC gamer...

but I can see that the first pic in the OP is complete bogus and a biased image selection.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

10. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Rav, do you have a large monitor, or do you hook up to an HDTV when gaming?

I completely realize a PC gaming machine is going to offer the highest and best graphics, but I'd much prefer using my HDTV as opposed to even some of the largest monitors. I also prefer the console controller to the keyboard and mouse. Cost is another big factor, because I can get "basically" the same experience on a console, play in the comfort of my basement or living room couch instead of sitting at a desk.

Just personal preferences though.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Do you think the Xbox and PS4 were created for people to game without spending 2000$ on a PC? Go figure huh. So, you're telling me for 15% of the cost I can play the same game, have nearly the exact same experience, and have just as much fun?

Wonder which i'll pick.

14. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Rav, do you have a large monitor, or do you hook up to an HDTV when gaming?

I completely realize a PC gaming machine is going to offer the highest and best graphics, but I'd much prefer using my HDTV as opposed to even some of the largest monitors. I also prefer the console controller to the keyboard and mouse. Cost is another big factor, because I can get "basically" the same experience on a console, play in the comfort of my basement or living room couch instead of sitting at a desk.

Just personal preferences though.

Great question.

I personally have 3 monitors at my computer....but have played on larger hd screens. But believe it or not, the computer monitors deliver a faster frame rate and sharper image...as that is what they ar designed for.

When it comes to controles.. I absolutely HATE using the keyboard! Hate it, its the most embarrassing thing about PC gaming. However, the PCs do offer the absolute most in peripheral controls available. I mean, I used to own some flight sticks that were designed copies of the A-10 Warthog... matched with foot pedals. So it was fun to have the HOTAS system to fly an F16. When it comes to shooting games, you just can't beat the mouse for speed and accuracy. IT's just soooo superior to any 2 stick controller. But moving with keyboard is lame, so I personally own a Nostromo pad, which gives me a joystick for my left thumb (as well as some keys to bind to whatever action I want)...while using the mouse to aim with.

But like you said, its all preference. My computer desk is a bit taller than most, and my chair is very comfortable....its a big desk so I'm not crowded in, and I have a TV on the wall next to the desk so that I can watch TV while gaming...if I want (which is nearly always).

I see what you mean. I own an xbox360, and sitting around with friends is a lot of fun. Console games can be a blast, I have nothing against them. But if we are just talking SCALE of games (have you seen what is coming out with Star Citizen? Damn)...(as well as The Division?) along with graphics, and frame rates.... they just can't be matched by the consoles. Consoles just don't have the processing power.

PLUS..the fun part when it comes to "shooters".. is that instead of having 6 v 6 or 8vs8... I can enjoy 40 vs 40 on PC. That takes on a completely differen't " feel" to a game when you are playing something like battlefield or a sky dog-fighting game.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Do you think the Xbox and PS4 were created for people to game without spending 2000$ on a PC? Go figure huh. So, you're telling me for 15% of the cost I can play the same game, have nearly the exact same experience, and have just as much fun?

Wonder which i'll pick.
    Its a matter of preference as for what you call "nearly the same experience".. thats not the same for everyone.

Can you enjoy games on your phone? Sure...a s well as enjoy games on Face Book (I guess)...but are they "nearly" the same experience? Some would say yes, and they are FREE! So there you go. Go free and save yourself the money from buying a console.

Wonder with you'll pick.

Plus.. lets not pretend that the PC is JUST for gaming. I dont have to have a PC and a gaming system, and if i'm into omputer graphic design, internet publishing, or even spend any time at all on the internet...the PC is by FAR FAR FAR the superior tool to use. Not to mention streaming, film editing, picture editing, and any number of other things.

It's not like the PC is JUST a gaming machine.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Plus.. lets not pretend that the PC is JUST for gaming. I dont have to have a PC and a gaming system, and if i'm into omputer graphic design, internet publishing, or even spend any time at all on the internet...the PC is by FAR FAR FAR the superior tool to use. Not to mention streaming, film editing, picture editing, and any number of other things.

It's not like the PC is JUST a gaming machine.
    Given, and I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy anything at all. My point was the OP is being a little ridiculous showing not only cherry picked in game shots but comparing a machine that cost thousands of dollars to one that costs 300-400. This is not an apples to apples comparison and is invalid. Game on whatever you want, only a jackass will sit here and argue which one is better based on that.

19. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information