Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jose aldo vs Conor Mcgregor

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Still not working. I don't know how to embed vids like the pros on here.
    What was he saying?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    What part of Ireland do you come from?
    somewhere east of Limerick or whatever. Dont remember the exact spot

My family immigrated here around the time of the titanic. Went to ellis island as a kid to see names.

Most of my extended family still live in New York.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    somewhere east of Limerick or whatever. Dont remember the exact spot My family immigrated here around the time of the titanic. Went to ellis island as a kid to see names. Most of my extended family still live in New York.
    So that means you are American, no?

Like second, maybe third generation American.

After thought......i don't understand this weird claim some of you guys have to your immigrant heritage, especially when so many are anti immigration. Lol

So that means you are American, no?

Like second, maybe third generation American.

After thought......i don't understand this weird claim some of you guys have to your immigrant heritage, especially when so many are anti immigration. Lol
    Anti-immigration, what does that mean to you Dave? That's a pretty broad brush for such a smart dude to be painting with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Anti-immigration, what does that mean to you Dave? That's a pretty broad brush for such a smart dude to be painting with.
    First of, the comment was an after thought and not personal to anyone.

Secondly there is also a large section of the UK that is hugely anti immigration. It disgusts me. Especially when our foreign policy helped create the migrant problem in the first place.

But to answer your question.

I guess the international portrayal, backed up by some on this board but largely by high level political candidates and media, and also my own knowledge about how hard it's even as a skilled migrant to move to the states in comparison with other countries is that in general, immigrants are seen as a problem and that there should be stricter controls on who enters your country.

Hell during my visit, some idiot on a bar door was not going to let me in because I did not have a visa.

I think you have been conditioned to fear migrants because rape and terrorism.

I think you watch too much tv Dave.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think you watch too much tv Dave.
    Hey al you can do better than that. If I am wrong, show me how.

I think it is also worth highlighting the original post you responded to actually used language which did not include everyone. I said "some" and "many".

Also it is hard to make a statement representative of the general mood of 700 million people or however many live in America without using a rather broad brush lol

Hey al you can do better than that. If I am wrong, show me how.

I think it is also worth highlighting the original post you responded to actually used language which did not include everyone. I said "some" and "many".

Also it is hard to make a statement representative of the general mood of 700 million people or however many live in America without using a rather broad brush lol
    You're using conjecture and speculation Dave, I don't really know how to address what you're saying.

If you want to find a mass of people who are thoroughly pissed and sensitive about refugees you need to take a long look at Germany.

Regarding your experience; you got in to the country and you got into the bar, legally. I don't think you have any reason to be complaining. You're too much of a man to play the victim card over something like that.

Aside from that, this isn't the place

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I don't really see how I was playing a victim, I was providing an anecdotal story about a bar in Denver that checked my passport, called the manager who came down, inspected my passport again, quizzed me about a visa then lectured me. Before letting me in "this once"

That is some weird shit, to me it it's indicative of someone who is suspicious of non Americans. I only really threw it in because you said I watched too much tv.

But even if I got my opinion from tv, that is the international media and how America is portrayed, no media coverage has ever suggested America will welcome refugees or immigrants with open arms.

What did you take exception to more, my dismissal of shane's claim to be Irish or that many people in America are anti immigration.

So based on your reservations about my initial post, I take it you are pro immigration.

I don't really see how I was playing a victim, I was providing an anecdotal story about a bar in Denver that checked my passport, called the manager who came down, inspected my passport again, quizzed me about a visa then lectured me. Before letting me in "this once"

That is some weird shit, to me it it's indicative of someone who is suspicious of non Americans. I only really threw it in because you said I watched too much tv.

But even if I got my opinion from tv, that is the international media and how America is portrayed, no media coverage has ever suggested America will welcome refugees or immigrants with open arms.

What did you take exception to more, my dismissal of shane's claim to be Irish or that many people in America are anti immigration.

So based on your reservations about my initial post, I take it you are pro immigration.
    I am pro-immigration, but the issue is multi-faceted and complex. Just categorizing a large group of people one at based on media outlets that are mostly liberal is not an accurate picture of how most Americans feel.

This is a very complex issue in the age we live in Dave. That's one reason I don't want to discuss it here. I don't believe this is the place for a long political discussion that will hi-jack the thread.

Regarding your experience, I'm a little surprised you were treated that way if you have a passport.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

i don't understand this weird claim some of you guys have to your immigrant heritage, especially when so many are anti immigration. Lol
    I get you don't want to discuss it, cool.

Here was my original post and point - but I will sanitize it to make it more politically correct.

I find some people in America's strong cultural identity to a country their family originated from over a hundred years ago weird. I would find it even weirder if those people who celebrated their ancestral heritage were anti immigration.

12. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

I get you don't want to discuss it, cool.

Here was my original post and point - but I will sanitize it to make it more politically correct.

I find some people in America's strong cultural identity to a country their family originated from over a hundred years ago weird. I would find it even weirder if those people who celebrated their ancestral heritage were anti immigration.
    I would be happy to discuss it with you my friend, just not in this thread. It also happens to be a discussion that will be fairly time consuming due to the many layers and issues involved.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i have no problem with legal immigration.

My family came here legally.

Didnt have to sneak across the border in the middle of the night

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i have no problem with legal immigration.

My family came here legally.

Didnt have to sneak across the border in the middle of the night
    LOL - at you using legality as a means to judge morality and being dismissive of those who "sneak across the border in the middle of the night"

To explain why i find this so ironic - please see every single one of your posts ever that somehow infer a legal act is either illegal use of power or morally wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Yea but its not like you are thrown in a cell for 20 years for crossing the border illegally, you are deported.

Does the punishment fit the crime?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information