Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Holiday party

Salary +bonus/commission.

I don't even care about monetary compensation. He gave half the credit for the party to a lady that works in his garage...she put in an hours worth of work on the white elephant. I got a "oh thanks". Just tops an already shitty damn week. Finished wiyh a ******* loss to the God damned Raiders.

Doesn't look good for your bonus Gem. Some people (bosses) just don't get it.
    Treat the people that do a good job and make you money decent in every aspect. Makes them want to stay and work harder. ��
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Treat the people that do a good job and make you money decent in every aspect. Makes them want to stay and work harder. ��
    Hilcorp gives damn good bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Im not counting on it. Ive raised his income on the 4 companies I run for him anywhere from 30%-45% over the last 3 years since taking over. His net value has increased by 40% in that time. I put in 70-80 hours a week with weekends included. He's going to find out what a 40 hour salaried worker is actually like. I can still hit my commission/bonuses in that time. The only bottom line thay gets effected is his.

6. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Add me to the guests list for your next home cooked meal

8. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

GEM

Can you let him know how much of your free time you put into it and you won't be doing it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Can you let him know how much of your free time you put into it and you won't be doing it again?
    I told him today that I didn't appreciate him giving her that credit. I gave him a timesheet of my hours involved. There was a totoal of 20 between shopping and cooking and the party itself. 1 was credited to her. He said he knew but didn't want to hear her whining if he didnt. That's utter bullshit.

I think he now knows I won't be doing it again.

11. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I told him today that I didn't appreciate him giving her that credit. I gave him a timesheet of my hours involved. There was a totoal of 20 between shopping and cooking and the party itself. 1 was credited to her. He said he knew but didn't want to hear her whining if he didnt. That's utter bullshit.

I think he now knows I won't be doing it again.
    I'm salary plus commission as well. When my boss pushes me to read books related to my profession or do 'extra stuff', I'm pretty blunt with him and let him know I'll do it if I can fit it into regular business hours. I don't get home until 630-7 most days and once a month or so I put a little time on a Saturday as well. I'm not gonna let him push me to the point of snapping. I've been there; done that. I'm not interested in doing it again if I don't have to.

When I started working for him I told him I would give him 50 hours a week. If he wants me to he married to my job he can give me 10% of the company.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I'll let you know after my Xmas bonus...so far, I did this party for free. My boss has gone tight checkbook the last couple of years. I can tell you, the event was eye opening...I probably won't be volunteering myself up for this shit anymore.
    Though I couldn't really imagine a scenario where an colleague was tapped to fully cater my company's holiday party I really don't think I could just stand idly by without offering to help in some way.

Did no one say "you know what - let me do the appetizers and you do the main" or "you do the roast and I'll do the lasagna" or anything?
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

15. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Though I couldn't really imagine a scenario where an colleague was tapped to fully cater my company's holiday party I really don't think I could just stand idly by without offering to help in some way.

Did no one say "you know what - let me do the appetizers and you do the main" or "you do the roast and I'll do the lasagna" or anything?
    I got some prep help from the cook at our restaurant. He cut up the potatoes for the au gratin for me. This after he had just worked 8 hours. It was really nice of him.

That was it though. The lady who got credit was supposed to help. She showed up for an hour and spent it writing down #s for the white elephant exchsnge.

17. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

I got some prep help from the cook at our restaurant. He cut up the potatoes for the au gratin for me. This after he had just worked 8 hours. It was really nice of him. That was it though. The lady who got credit was supposed to help. She showed up for an hour and spent it writing down #s for the white elephant exchsnge.
    Hmm. That seems kind of shitty. These nice people in the office? I don't even really fit in in my office I've determined but I think a lot of people would step up in a situation like this and offer to help.

Incredible job on your end though obviously with only token assistance.

19. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

GEM

Hmm. That seems kind of shitty. These nice people in the office? I don't even really fit in in my office I've determined but I think a lot of people would step up in a situation like this and offer to help.

Incredible job on your end though obviously with only token assistance.
    My boss has 2 offices. Mine is just me. His other is his garage business. There are 12 there. They are a bunch of ungrateful bloodsuckers. I got 1 thank you out of the group of them...if course it was from the lowest guy on the totem pole. Lesson learned. At least I like cooking so it wasn't horrible time spent.

Christmas bonus made up for it.

22. The Following 7 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Christmas bonus made up for it.
    Ah yes, the true acknowledgement of appreciation.

Git dat "long paper" girl! Glad they didn't try to give you the obligatory "Spirit" or "Team Player" certificate/desk ornament in lieu of your efforts...

24. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

GEM

Ah yes, the true acknowledgement of appreciation.

Git dat "long paper" girl! Glad they didn't try to give you the obligatory "Spirit" or "Team Player" certificate/desk ornament in lieu of your efforts...
    "Good job" is appreciated, but doesn't pay the bills.

26. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information