Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 14 (Raiders week)

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Practice / press conference notes - week 14 (Raiders week)

Broncos Injury Update: C.J. Anderson, DeMarcus Ware, David Bruton Jr., T.J. Ward and more

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Unfortunately for the Broncos, the number of players on their injured list surpasses their win total so far this season.

"We're in a situation at a few spots where we're just going to have to really [say], 'Look, it's going to be a week-to-week process for us,' getting to next Sunday and finding a way to be our best against the Raiders," Head Coach Gary Kubiak said.

"We've got some issues to deal with, and we'll try not to get too far ahead right now. We'll get to Wednesday and get back to work."

But when the Broncos do get back to practice, they might be short-handed, depending on how their walking wounded heal.
    rest - plus video - info on all injured players
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...4-bb4270722d4b

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I want Ward and Williams back for Cincy. That will be important. They are having to use Roby as a safety because they are so thin there.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I want Ward and Williams back for Cincy. That will be important. They are having to use Roby as a safety because they are so thin there.
    It seems like the run defense has actually been better since Williams went out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

I'm excited for if/when DeMarcus Ware comes back healthy. Will help rejuvenate the front 7. I'm also curious if Kubes will introduce some new plays to Oz. I could be wrong, feels like the entire play book isn't open to Brock just yet.

6. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Bengals have been very lucky when it comes to injuries this year. I still think it's funny the Patriots fans blame the refs and injuries for their loss. They're not the only team that's dealt with questionable officiating and losing players.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I heard Rahim Moore was a healthy scratch. Let's see if we can get him back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    Bengals have been very lucky when it comes to injuries this year. I still think it's funny the Patriots fans blame the refs and injuries for their loss. They're not the only team that's dealt with questionable officiating and losing players.
    For ****Patsy fans every loss is a conspiracy.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 26m26 minutes ago

#broncos waive Christian Ponder. He became luxury w Manning's health improving and the need to try to add defensive back depth

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 22m22 minutes ago

#Broncos are expected to add a defensive back this week for depth with Ward and Bruton likely to miss Sunday's game

11. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos waive Christian Ponder, make two practice-squad moves

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos waived QB Christian Ponder on Tuesday, leaving them with 52 players on the primary roster, including three quarterbacks -- one of whom, Peyton Manning, will not play this week as he continues his recovery from a plantar fascia tear.

The roster vacancy leaves the Broncos room to make a move as soon as Wednesday. That spot could be used to address the safety position, which is coping with injuries to T.J. Ward, David Bruton Jr. and Omar Bolden.
    AND

Denver also made two practice-squad transactions, releasing offensive tackle Antonio Johnson and adding offensive lineman Cameron Jefferson to take his spot.

Jefferson, a 6-foot-5, 317-pound product of Arkansas, spent the summer with the Chicago Bears after being signed as an undrafted free agent May 3. The Bears waived him Aug. 30.
    full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...3-3d59b2fe6201

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Bad news - we've got Vinovich as the ref this week. I believe the prevailing theory is that he hates Manning, not the Broncos in general, right? That might help us. Also, we're wearing blue again, so that should offset any ref problems

Adopted Bronco:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3h3

Per #Broncos, they worked out 17 players Tuesday including safeties Stevie Brown, Chris Clemons and Jeromy Miles and ex-CSU LB Aaron Davis

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

If Denver is going to pick a game where nearly half of their starting defensive players are out (Ward, Bruton, Danny T, Ware, Sly), this would be the one.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    If Denver is going to pick a game where nearly half of their starting defensive players are out (Ward, Bruton, Danny T, Ware, Sly), this would be the one.
    Oakland scares me more than SD.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Oakland scares me more than SD.
    If this defense can stop Rivers like they did last week it can stop Carr. And Raidaz D isn't upper-tier.

I think they'll be motivated and injuries are a concern but it could be another snooze if the D has a repeat performance. If Ware is in Carr will be under a lot of pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    If this defense can stop Rivers like they did last week it can stop Carr. And Raidaz D isn't upper-tier.

I think they'll be motivated and injuries are a concern but it could be another snooze if the D has a repeat performance. If Ware is in Carr will be under a lot of pressure.
    I think we'll win, but they have a proud team, and Carr can make big plays with his feet if the pocket breaks down. He's fairly fast for a qb, and has a strong arm to push it down the field. The Raiders will score more than 3 points.

I'd be fine with squeaking out a close win if we get another dominant performance against the Bengals and Steelers.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information