Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Demaryius Thomas low on mojo

He's still 10th among all players in the NFL this season in receiving yards. Wouldn't you say that's pretty good, considering he hasn't had a quarterback all year and he had a terrible game last week.

Not everyone can get acclimated to playing in the snow, even pros.

Also, maybe it had a little bit to do with nerves because it was a big game against an undefeated defending super bowl champ.

3. The Following User High Fived Locnar For This Post:

Lack of effort is absolutely glaring at times.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived tubby For This Post:

Collinsworth pointed out a play where DT was waiting for the ball to arrive rather than running towards it - and it allowed the DB to pretty easily jump in front.

I don't know if that's effort or a mental error or what - but multiple reports, DTs comments, and Kubiak pointing to him beating himself up over it.

If a guy is despondent about his play I don't know that that ties out with laziness, "getting paid", etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Locnar View Post
    Not everyone can get acclimated to playing in the snow, even pros. Also, maybe it had a little bit to do with nerves because it was a big game against an undefeated defending super bowl champ.
    I doubt it was nerves. He set the record for most receptions in a Super Bowl.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Collinsworth pointed out a play where DT was waiting for the ball to arrive rather than running towards it - and it allowed the DB to pretty easily jump in front. I don't know if that's effort or a mental error or what - but multiple reports, DTs comments, and Kubiak pointing to him beating himself up over it. If a guy is despondent about his play I don't know that that ties out with laziness, "getting paid", etc.
    Whether he is actually beating himself up about it or its lip service is yet to be seen. Regardless, after a shit performance like that, he SHOULD be beating himself up because it was embarrassing.

I think the theory has a lot of merit.

Having a loved one in prison is pretty hard, as is. But you get used to it and learn to live life, as it's normal. But when they are out, that completely changes things. Doesn't matter if they aren't in the same house, or the same state. It's a pretty big deal, especially when that person has been in prison a long time. They don't have to "ask for money" to be a distraction...it's just the fact that they are AC TUALLY out of prison. THat's HUGE in someone's life.

I can absolutely buy into the fact that this might be on his mind..in the back of his mind. Not necessarily "Thinking" about her during games, but when you drop a ball you might let a thought drift to her watching mroe than you had accepted her in prison. I'm sure the 'newness' of her being out will wear off, but it's certainly a viable, believable, explanation.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

11. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Whether he is actually beating himself up about it or its lip service is yet to be seen. Regardless, after a shit performance like that, he SHOULD be beating himself up because it was embarrassing.
    I hope he doesn't, as that kind of dwelling on it and over thinking a bad game is how it's going to be easily repeated. Have to simply let that go and move forward without giving it another thought.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I hope he doesn't, as that kind of dwelling on it and over thinking a bad game is how it's going to be easily repeated. Have to simply let that go and move forward without giving it another thought.
    Not to me. Dwelling on a bad performance should motivate him not to repeat it.

Not to me. Dwelling on a bad performance should motivate him not to repeat it.
    Dwelling is never good for any performance. Knowing you had a bad game is enough. Dwellign on it is counter productive in every part of life.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Dwelling is never good for any performance. Knowing you had a bad game is enough. Dwellign on it is counter productive in every part of life.
    I don't agree. When I make mistakes I dwell on it and beat myself up about it because I set high expectations for myself. Dwelling on something doesn't mean it's going to keep you down. People handle their emotions differently and for some people, like me, dwelling on a mistake made fuels motivation to improve. I'm not saying DT is, but he ****** up big last week and should be kicking himself for it.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

I think a person that has been doing what he's been doing, for as long as he's been doing it.. at the level from which he's been doing it.... KNOWS when he has had a bad game. "Dwelling" on it isn't going to improve his game. Going over and over it again, isn't going to improve his hands, or make him do something "different" than he's been doing his entire career. Simply knowing you had a bad game, and not accepting that as "ok" is enough. Moving forward, doing what yo uhave been doing that has made you great without dragging yourself down over past mistakes, is the way to go.

The LAST thing you ever want from a CB is a guy that "Dwells" on giving up a TD. The last thing you want from a QB is one that "dwells" on throwing an INT. You want those guys to have VERY short memories and just move on to the next play, because that past one isn't going to change things.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

He obviously has a motivation and focus problem. He's had maybe two really solid games this year. The rest of them have been pedestrian to below average. He drops as many balls as TO does. With his skill, his size, and his paycheck, there are zero excuses for below average games. He's been on the same team as Os for over three years now, so I don't buy the chemistry thing. He's been in the league now for over five years. Zero excuses for bad games. Once in a while because of playing an elite corner or playing hurt or whatever is understandable but last week he was against nobodies all night (Butler is severely overrated) and he wasn't on the injury report.

He should be doing nothing but kicking his ass in gear to make sure that doesn't happen again after the first time it happens, but he's been playing shitty, uninspired football all year.

20. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

He obviously has a motivation and focus problem. He's had maybe two really solid games this year. The rest of them have been pedestrian to below average. He drops as many balls as TO does. With his skill, his size, and his paycheck, there are zero excuses for below average games. He's been on the same team as Os for over three years now, so I don't buy the chemistry thing. He's been in the league now for over five years. Zero excuses for bad games. Once in a while because of playing an elite corner or playing hurt or whatever is understandable but last week he was against nobodies all night (Butler is severely overrated) and he wasn't on the injury report.

He should be doing nothing but kicking his ass in gear to make sure that doesn't happen again after the first time it happens, but he's been playing shitty, uninspired football all year.
    okey doke.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

You know, he did take that hit to the head, injuring his neck against the Vikings, IIRC. Maybe there's some lingering stuff going on there. I know he returned to the game and has played since though.

One bad game happens. If it continues, then there's reason to worry something else is going on.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information