Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scott Weiland (STP frontman) dead at 48

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Default Scott Weiland (STP frontman) dead at 48

Scott Weiland found dead on his tour bus. No cause yet but obviously OD is most probable. I just saw him play a show here not long ago and he was high as a kite. Sad.

Link

2. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Loved STP. Their first three albums were great. Fourth was Ok. He battled drugs for years, so I imagine that was it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Scott Weiland found dead on his tour bus. No cause yet but obviously OD is most probable. I just saw him play a show here not long ago and he was high as a kite. Sad.

Link
    So he was high, are you saying he was terrible. Can you give us more details. Thanks in advance.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    So he was high, are you saying he was terrible. Can you give us more details. Thanks in advance.
    He wasn't terrible at all, I thought he sounded good when I saw him, but he was noticeably impaired. Someone else on here posted a video where he sounded horrible, but he sounded good the night I saw him.

I agree with you Mo, the first 3 albums were awesome. Loved STP.

7. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Laaaaaaaaaaaame. Stupid world.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    He wasn't terrible at all, I thought he sounded good when I saw him, but he was noticeably impaired. Someone else on here posted a video where he sounded horrible, but he sounded good the night I saw him.

I agree with you Mo, the first 3 albums were awesome. Loved STP.
    I actually would compare them to The Who or AC/DC. They weren't the most technically gifted, but they damn sure could write a good rock/pop song.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Damn that sucks.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Not shocked at all. Did like their early stuff though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Apparently a open letter from Scott's ex-wife. Comes across really bitter at times but at the same time makes some valid points.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...0151207?page=2

December 3rd, 2015 is not the day Scott Weiland died. It is the official day the public will use to mourn him, and it was the last day he could be propped up in front of a microphone for the financial benefit or enjoyment of others. The outpouring of condolences and prayers offered to our children, Noah and Lucy, has been overwhelming, appreciated and even comforting. But the truth is, like so many other kids, they lost their father years ago. What they truly lost on December 3rd was hope.

We don't want to downplay Scott's amazing talent, presence or his ability to light up any stage with brilliant electricity. So many people have been gracious enough to praise his gift. The music is here to stay. But at some point, someone needs to step up and point out that yes, this will happen again – because as a society we almost encourage it. We read awful show reviews, watch videos of artists falling down, unable to recall their lyrics streaming on a teleprompter just a few feet away. And then we click "add to cart" because what actually belongs in a hospital is now considered art.

Many of these artists have children. Children with tears in their eyes, experiencing panic because their cries go unheard. You might ask, "How were we to know? We read that he loved spending time with his children and that he'd been drug-free for years!" In reality, what you didn't want to acknowledge was a paranoid man who couldn't remember his own lyrics and who was only photographed with his children a handful of times in 15 years of fatherhood. I've always wanted to share more than anyone was comfortable with. When writing a book years ago, it pained me to sometimes gloss over so much grief and struggle, but I did what I thought was best for Noah and Lucy. I knew they would one day see and feel everything that I'd been trying to shield them from, and that they'd eventually be brave enough to say, "That mess was our father. We loved him, but a deep-rooted mix of love and disappointment made up the majority of our relationship with him."

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Apparently a open letter from Scott's ex-wife. Comes across really bitter at times but at the same time makes some valid points.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...0151207?page=2
    She had children with a drug addict. Did she think just because they were married and had kids, he would just stop? I mean, yea it's sad, but you knew he was a ******* drug addict before you got pregnant. The kids are 13 & 15 so he was well into being an addict when they got together. Not downplaying her message, but she knew what he was and chose to have not 1, but 2 children with him and then blame him for being an addict. It just seems silly to be pissed about him being an addict and it taking his life when he was that WELL before you even met him and then had kids with him.

Reading further into that article, she wrote a book about him. Good Lord.....she married an addict, went in with full knowledge that he was a drug addict and then used his drug addiction to write a book? For ****s sakes lady...what did you think you were getting, rainbows and unicorns. The year 2000, he was well into addiction. Sorry, but she comes off as a dumb bitch. She tried to shield them from it? Don't have children with an addict and you won't have to. You knew what he was and still chose to bring children into that kind of pain and suffering. That isn't shielding them, you brought them into it. Ugh...annoying.
    Last edited by GEM; 12-08-2015 at 10:56 AM.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    She had children with a drug addict. Did she think just because they were married and had kids, he would just stop? I mean, yea it's sad, but you knew he was a ******* drug addict before you got pregnant. The kids are 13 & 15 so he was well into being an addict when they got together. Not downplaying her message, but she knew what he was and chose to have not 1, but 2 children with him and then blame him for being an addict. It just seems silly to be pissed about him being an addict and it taking his life when he was that WELL before you even met him and then had kids with him.

Reading further into that article, she wrote a book about him. Good Lord.....she married an addict, went in with full knowledge that he was a drug addict and then used his drug addiction to write a book? For ****s sakes lady...what did you think you were getting, rainbows and unicorns. The year 2000, he was well into addiction. Sorry, but she comes off as a dumb bitch. She tried to shield them from it? Don't have children with an addict and you won't have to. You knew what he was and still chose to bring children into that kind of pain and suffering. That isn't shielding them, you brought them into it. Ugh...annoying.
    Wow. I get where you're coming from, but I think she has a right to still be upset with him that he never grew up and took responsibility. The kids have and had no choice in the matter. He needed to get clean for those kids, not for her. And I think that's where she's coming from in that letter.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Wow. I get where you're coming from, but I think she has a right to still be upset with him that he never grew up and took responsibility. The kids have and had no choice in the matter. He needed to get clean for those kids, not for her. And I think that's where she's coming from in that letter.
    Don't have kids with who you know to be an addict and then expect them to change that behavior. That's very selfish on her part to bring them into what she KNEW was a bad situation. Addiction isn't something you just turn on and off. If he hadn't done any work before that, don't expect a child to change that, much less having a second child 2 years later. ******* stupidity on her part.

He wasn't grown up and responsible when she met him. He's an addict, with an addiction to heroin, one of the worst addictions on the face of the planet.

19. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Don't have kids with who you know to be an addict and then expect them to change that behavior. That's very selfish on her part to bring them into what she KNEW was a bad situation. Addiction isn't something you just turn on and off. If he hadn't done any work before that, don't expect a child to change that, much less having a second child 2 years later. ******* stupidity on her part.

He wasn't grown up and responsible when she met him. He's an addict, with an addiction to heroin, one of the worst addictions on the face of the planet.
    *Putting on my Feminist Outfit*

He had those kids too. They shouldn't have had kids together, but he was part of that, and bears some responsibility.

*Taking off my Feminist Outfit*

*Shudders violently*

I agree with both of your points. She's definitely still mad at him.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    *Putting on my Feminist Outfit*

He had those kids too. They shouldn't have had kids together, but he was part of that, and bears some responsibility.

*Taking off my Feminist Outfit*

*Shudders violently*
    Oh he's just as much at fault. Neither had any business bringing his kids into the world.

Dude is a heroin addict when you meet him...he looks like perfect daddy material. I mean if she wants to be with him and try to fix him, that's one thing, but to bring kids into that situation, just wow.

She comes off as bitter and surprised. It was who he was when she met him....he didn't change, he just got worse.

BTW...the color of that skirt does not go with your eyes.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information