Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scott Weiland (STP frontman) dead at 48

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Oh he's just as much at fault. Neither had any business bringing his kids into the world.

Dude is a heroin addict when you meet him...he looks like perfect daddy material. I mean if she wants to be with him and try to fix him, that's one thing, but to bring kids into that situation, just wow.

She comes off as bitter and surprised. It was who he was when she met him....he didn't change, he just got worse.

BTW...the color of that skirt does not go with your eyes.
    Certainly she bears responsibility for her mistakes. But he was the only one who could fix his problems, and he didn't. And he helped bring two children into this world, and put himself above them. They will forever be damaged and angry with him etc. I think most of her letter is in defense of them. They are totally blameless in all this, and probably get the most "punishment" out of anyone.

Those who are the least to blame, shouldn't suffer the punishment for actions of those who are more to blame I guess is my thought, and I think that's where she's coming from. She's worried about the kids, not herself.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Certainly she bears responsibility for her mistakes. But he was the only one who could fix his problems, and he didn't. And he helped bring two children into this world, and put himself above them. They will forever be damaged and angry with him etc. I think most of her letter is in defense of them. They are totally blameless in all this, and probably get the most "punishment" out of anyone.

Those who are the least to blame, shouldn't suffer the punishment for actions of those who are more to blame I guess is my thought, and I think that's where she's coming from. She's worried about the kids, not herself.
    My point is she shouldn't have had kids with him to begin with. Some of us women have this completely silly thought that we can change the person we are with. If I just love him enough he'll change. A guy wears clothes that don't match, that you can change. Heroin addiction.....nope, can't change that. He needs to do that himself and if he's shown no signs of changing that prior to, the last thing a sane person should do is have children with that person.

What did she think was going to happen? Does she think just because she has children, he's going to somehow become an unselfish person? Addicts are the very definition of selfish. I was the most selfish person in the world when I was going through addiction. Having a child doesn't just diffuse that. Yes, you love that child, but if you aren't ready to change or to put the work in, no one is going to make you change, not even a child.

I mean it would have been great if having kids were instrumental in him wanting to change. It wasn't. When she came into that situation, she should have said having kids was not going to happen until he had a period of recovery under his belt. The first child was perhaps a mistake, not meaning to get pregnant, the second one, she's making a conscious decision knowing how he was as a parent already.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

For me her anger was more portrayed at society and the media than it was her husband, I thought her frustrations towards her husband were balanced and rational (ish)

5. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

She had children with a drug addict. Did she think just because they were married and had kids, he would just stop? I mean, yea it's sad, but you knew he was a ******* drug addict before you got pregnant. The kids are 13 & 15 so he was well into being an addict when they got together. Not downplaying her message, but she knew what he was and chose to have not 1, but 2 children with him and then blame him for being an addict. It just seems silly to be pissed about him being an addict and it taking his life when he was that WELL before you even met him and then had kids with him.

Reading further into that article, she wrote a book about him. Good Lord.....she married an addict, went in with full knowledge that he was a drug addict and then used his drug addiction to write a book? For ****s sakes lady...what did you think you were getting, rainbows and unicorns. The year 2000, he was well into addiction. Sorry, but she comes off as a dumb bitch. She tried to shield them from it? Don't have children with an addict and you won't have to. You knew what he was and still chose to bring children into that kind of pain and suffering. That isn't shielding them, you brought them into it. Ugh...annoying.
    Yea, when i first saw the article this morning there were people saying they felt she was exploiting his death. Especially after only one week.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, when i first saw the article this morning there were people saying they felt she was exploiting his death. Especially after only one week.
    Wouldn't doubt that, she exploited him in life. Writing a book about his addiction. Now maybe she used that to pay for the kids he wasn't supporting, which is completely understandable. I just don't understand why she would have kids with him to begin with. Dude had been ****** up on heroin or any other drug he could get his hands on since early on in his STP days, which was early 90's. It's not like he was clean when they met and then he went on tour, got hooked on drugs after they had kids. He was ****** in the head way before she even came in the picture. They were married in the year 2000. The kids are 13 and 15. Just to put it into perspective Interstate Love Song came out in 1994. So he was on a serious bender for numerous years before she came in the picture and decided to have kids with him.
    Last edited by GEM; 12-08-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Tell us how you really feel, GEM.

People make mistakes. It appears (on the surface) that at least she's a good mom and is trying to do right by her kids.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I just don't get why you would bring children into that and then tear into him after death because he was exactly what he was when you met him. Makes no sense at all.

Oh my poor kids....uh you knew going in that he was a drug addict. If you had half a brain, you'd know that having a heroin addict for a child's father would be hurtful to that child.

Yea, it's sad, but she could have and should have avoided putting kids through that.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Medical examiner confirms death due to accidental overdose of cocaine, MDA, and alcohol.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Nothing accidental about it
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

I just don't get why you would bring children into that and then tear into him after death because he was exactly what he was when you met him. Makes no sense at all.

Oh my poor kids....uh you knew going in that he was a drug addict. If you had half a brain, you'd know that having a heroin addict for a child's father would be hurtful to that child.

Yea, it's sad, but she could have and should have avoided putting kids through that.
    I think it's because she's seeing a flawed man who, maybe in her eyes essentially killed himself with his style of life, get a lot of love and adoration even though he was a bad father.

They had children together, maybe she get pregnant and didn't want an abortion, or felt that she was fiscally stable and could support them. Maybe the condom broke. Or maybe she feel victim to the greatest strength and flaw that humanity has...love.

I'm sympathetic to the woman. A part of her probably still loves him, and that cognitive dissonance is brutal on the soul.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Nothing accidental about it
    Accidental as in he wasn't wanting to die at that particular moment

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information