Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brady Wants Rules Change to Protect Receivers Like Quarterbacks

Default Brady Wants Rules Change to Protect Receivers Like Quarterbacks

"Quarterbacks get their legs protected. Defensive linemen get their legs protected. Linebackers get their legs protected. I don't see why a defenseless receiver shouldn't get his legs protected as well."

The topic was brought up to Brady in the context of a quarterback's responsibility to not put his pass-catchers in dangerous situations from an injury perspective. Brady had not been asked specifically about possible rule changes to protect defenseless receivers.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...tect-receivers
    Asked about leading his receivers into tackles (a valid question given how fast he goes through WRs,) Brady suggested changing the rule to make those receivers immune to tackles. Meanwhile, somewhere, Earl Campbell sits in the wheelchair he's needed since his 40s, thinking, This is a bunch of BS right here....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

This is because Brady sits down when he pees. See kids...females can make it in the NFL.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

The good news is that after the NFLs finishes this transition to a handball league we can re-sign Plummer and stage international matches. Norways womens team won gold at the 2012 Olympics; maybe Brady can change citizenship and play for them. Though the fact his wife's the "tough" model in that family suggests it's not a gender issue.
    Last edited by Joel; 12-03-2015 at 07:13 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Flag football

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

every time he gets hit he looks at the refs, like are you going to call that?

Completely shocked look when they dont.

Guy is like the Kobe of the NFL. But i actually have more respect for Kobe and he raped a chick.

SHould be pretty easy to tackle someone then. Can't hit them high, can't him them low. Seems fair.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

8. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

But you all missed Brady's fine print - he only wants the rule to apply to the NE receivers.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

"Make 'em wear a dress." - Jack Lambert.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

So how exactly would you tackle a WR? A 6" portion of their midsection?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    So how exactly would you tackle a WR? A 6" portion of their midsection?
    Idk. I'd say some of them are bigger than 6, some smaller.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Idk. I'd say some of them are bigger than 6, some smaller.
    Kick em in the Jimmy!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

And fans wonder why the NFL is getting waterdowned with penalties. Everytime something doesn't go a player's way, they scream for rule changes.

18. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Just take the defense off the field and let offenses run back and forth and see who can score the most.

Or even better...shut the front ******* door ya little bitch.

20. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Don't throw it to a WR who's in place to get hit during or shortly after the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    SHould be pretty easy to tackle someone then. Can't hit them high, can't him them low. Seems fair.
    Brady actually made a valid point right after the Gronk hit, noting that he didn't think it was dirty, just an uintended consequence of rules against hitting receivers high; many DBs and LBs have been saying that ever since the defenseless player rule was added. But no, the solution isn't to just ban hitting them AT ALL as has largely been done for QBs: Just ban head shots and enforce the spearing ban. That's unlikely though; knees aren't costing the NFL a billion dollars and the next generation of players, but CTE is.

Irony: Tackling below the knees WAS illegal when the NFL was founded; wonder why that was....
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Just take the defense off the field and let offenses run back and forth and see who can score the most.
    Seems to be the plan: Basketball scores are good for ratings, as is less talented teams beating more talented ones by throwing up a Hail Mary and waiting for a flag (not that's happened a lot recently, or even within the last 24 hours.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Don't throw it to a WR who's in place to get hit during or shortly after the catch.
    That's evidently what the reporter who asked the question thought, but Brady seems to feel the presence and/or absence of rules—NOT Tom Terrificgot Gronk hurt.

23. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information