Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tony Romo out for rest of season with clavicle fracture

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Tony Romo out for rest of season with clavicle fracture

The official diagnosis on Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo confirmed the team's worst fears, but also came with a bit of hope for the future.

Speaking on 105.3 FM Friday morning, owner Jerry Jones said that Romo suffered a hairline fracture in his left clavicle against the Panthers on Thursday. However, the fracture will not require surgery, giving Romo a standard timetable to recover which will not infringe on the offseason. According to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, he should be good as new in eight weeks. Rapoport added Kellen Moore is expected to be activated to the 53-man roster to serve as Matt Cassel's backup.

This was a lost season for Cowboys fans who expected Jones to deliver them another Super Bowl. But the positive news is that almost all of Dallas' best pieces are still under team control. Dez Bryant will be back healthy in 2016, rookie guard La'el Collins will be a year better and Jones will have some time to mull over some of his questionable one-year contracts from the offseason.
    rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...vicle-fracture

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

@ & home vs. Redskins
    @ Packers & Bill
    Home vs. Jets

Can the Cowboys win a single game against any of these teams with any scrap heap QB that they can suit up?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I loved Kellen Moore in college, I hope he gets a shot. Unlikely granted, but still I well be rooting for him nonetheless.

Would be cool if we had to play the cowboys and Brock was able to get his revenge

Ouch.

I say give cassel the starting job until they are mathematically out of it which could be tomorrow if the Giants win. Then give Moore the starting job. Might as well unless they feel playing Cassell will give them a higher pick in the draft.

According to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, he should be good as new in eight weeks.
    Were that so, he wouldn't keep breaking the same clavicle broken a few years ago. Sadly, Dallas rebuilt its line too late to save its QBbut a lot of that's going around lately....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If the Cowboys were smart, they would strongly consider moving on from the Romo era. If course thats if the Cowboys were smart.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If the Cowboys were smart, they would strongly consider moving on from the Romo era. If course thats if the Cowboys were smart.
    He's 35, has always struggled to stay healthy, can't win when it matters, and chokes about as bad as Peyton Manning. The Cowboys, were they smart, would've moved on from Romo 10 years ago. He's one of my favorite players to watch and I've always admired his toughness when he's not being knocked out with big injuries, but Dallas needs to move on from him ASAP.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

9. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't know that I would fully move on but I do think it's time for them to draft a QB high to at least compete with him then when that guy is ready they can push Romo out. Or they could go the FA route and get a Brees or a Rivers. But Romo is already comparable to them, so I don't know that I would go that route.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don't know that I would fully move on but I do think it's time for them to draft a QB high to at least compete with him then when that guy is ready they can push Romo out. Or they could go the FA route and get a Brees or a Rivers. But Romo is already comparable to them, so I don't know that I would go that route.
    Rivers just signed an extension so unless the Chargers cut him or Dallas trades for him that's off the table.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

13. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

It might be the end of an era. The guy was one of the best QB's in the league for quite some time. The abuse he's taken is pretty damn staggering. He got blamed for a lot of losses that he had little to do with, and often times his teams collapsed around him. I wonder what a guy of Romo's making looks like with better coaching.

He's not a Hall of Famer, I'll admire his consistency and his toughness.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

With the lack of QBs out there that's very hard to do. Draft and groom - but cutting bait with Romo I would see as off the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

17. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    With the lack of QBs out there that's very hard to do. Draft and groom - but cutting bait with Romo I would see as off the table.
    I think draft and groom is the better choice. I cant see the fans really wanting to deal with Romo getting injured every year and missing large amounts of time.

I was confused at first, thinking he had a broken cervix.

It's not easy to replace a top 10 QB, and Romo was in strong consideration for the NFL MVP last season. Simply "moving on" from him may sound simple on paper, but it doesn't really make a lot of sense in reality. The Cowboys are pretty relevant when he's starting, and obviously not at all when he's not.

They moved him back onto the field tooooo quickly here, in desperation to try and win the division. So when he took a hit on the same clavical, it wasn't healed up enough to hold. SHOCKING as to what happens when a player moves too quickly back into the starting lineup after injury.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information