Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullying in this country.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    it dawned on me that he was no more deserving of the things he got in America than anyone else in Tunisia.

You shouldn't have to be a brilliant man to get an education, or eat and drink water daily.

To get through youth and into adulthood you shouldn't have to have the gumption and fortitude of SR. Nor should you need the wherewithal and tenacity of Northman. I think it might be easy for us to give adult answers to children, but children by definition often fail to come to adult conclusions.
    I love you king. This is beautiful.

2. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

SR

Yash is a grown man who took a hostile tone to the entire message board. If Yash thinks he is being bullied, or his situation is analogous, he is sorely mistaken.

If Yash wanted to be an actual community member, while maintaining his stances, which he is entitled to, it would behoove him to apologize for being an abrasive and inflammatory person.

In regards to SR's point - I believe you have posted that you were bullied for being poor and white. That sucks. But you're about as hardcore as it gets. The best analogy that I can give is this - my dad came to this country from Tunisia. Which is and was quite poor with little opportunity. He got into the country because he was pretty much a genius. I don't know if he ever had his IQ tested, but he was published in prestigious journals and academia in his area of scholarship, spoke three languages, he was literally ten times more intelligent than I am. When he told me that it took his brains and a lot of luck to get to this country, it dawned on me that he was no more deserving of the things he got in America than anyone else in Tunisia. You shouldn't have to be a brilliant man to get an education, or eat and drink water daily.

To get through youth and into adulthood you shouldn't have to have the gumption and fortitude of SR. Nor should you need the wherewithal and tenacity of Northman. I think it might be easy for us to give adult answers to children, but children by definition often fail to come to adult conclusions.
    I agree King, but I'm not really sure where this is coming from, or who should be responsible for the impoverished of Tunisia.

4. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I agree King, but I'm not really sure where this is coming from, or who should be responsible for the impoverished of Tunisia.
    Where is "this,", rather what does "this," mean in your post my friend. As far as Tunisia goes, that is a question that I never really spoke to my father about. He left a lot behind in that country, some of it good stuff like his family. Some of it bad, like well, poverty. Were I a better man I would have that answer for you.

Where is "this,", rather what does "this," mean in your post my friend. As far as Tunisia goes, that is a question that I never really spoke to my father about. He left a lot behind in that country, some of it good stuff like his family. Some of it bad, like well, poverty. Were I a better man I would have that answer for you.
    It was a sincere question. I wasn't trying to be flippant. Its obviously an important part of your story and I appreciate you sharing it.

I'm just trying to discern if you're suggesting some sort of a solution, or if you're just sharing something that philosophically bothers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Why is the person being bullied acting like a dummy or being a dummy? I know from my youth a lot of kids were picked on because they were poor, or labeled 'uncool'. Sometimes it just sort of happened organically. I don't know man.
    I think SR is talking more about how Yash has behaved on here rather than the subject matter the rest of us are talking about.
    Yeah...of all people to start this kind of thread and it's Yashy. The guy that has stirred the pot the most over the past couple of months. Go figure.

Push everyones buttons and then not expect any backlash. Then go play the victim when someone finally does. Or as he refers to...."THOUSANDS" bullying him.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

8. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Joe used to bully me back at the freak. He sucked at it though

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    He sucked at it though
    What else is new?

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    Joe used to bully me back at the freak. He sucked at it though

BJs are now a form of bullying?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

14. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

this forum is filled with bullies.

But i wouldnt let them get you down. They have gone after you instead of me recently

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It was a sincere question. I wasn't trying to be flippant. Its obviously an important part of your story and I appreciate you sharing it.

I'm just trying to discern if you're suggesting some sort of a solution, or if you're just sharing something that philosophically bothers you.
    I know you were sincere my friend.

I am philosophically bothered by the issue. How you get through to kids, though, I'm not sure.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I am philosophically bothered by the issue. How you get through to kids, though, I'm not sure.
    Thing is mate - you can be the most skilled practitioner in the world at helping young people create change in their own life........but you can not be with them 24/7, you cannot control the abuse they witness or the socio economic status - or the attitudes of their parents as so often, negative behaviour is both modelled and expected by parents.

There are some, we will never get through to - and that is sad. Fortunately, there are some that we do - and that gets me out my bed every morning!

19. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

But i wouldnt let them get you down. They have gone after you instead of me recently
    You are a grown ass adult. No one on here is bullying you. Same for yash. Everything ever posted toward either of you has been brought upon you by yourselves.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I only think stuff like that can be helped at grass root levels.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Yeah...of all people to start this kind of thread and it's Yashy. The guy that has stirred the pot the most over the past couple of months. Go figure.

Push everyones buttons and then not expect any backlash. Then go play the victim when someone finally does. Or as he refers to...."THOUSANDS" bullying him.
    You clearly lack the ability to read. Show me one post where I state thousands of people bully me? And you wonder why I consider your kind a joke. You are a liar. Blatantly lie as if nobody can point out the facts. Also I've said numerous times this thread isn't about me. You might want to get some comprehension skills then come back

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Don't let them get to you brother. They don't bother me at all psychologically. I am far too head strong and I don't get bullied in the real world. Grown ass men who are internet bullies are cowards.

I haven't really seen you post since I been here but I guess I know why. Stay up.

25. The Following User High Fived Yashahla17 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information