Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Manning Out Two More Weeks

Default Manning Out Two More Weeks

Will miss next two games.
    Christmas for Yashi and the Philippines.

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nf...tear/76346320/

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

As expected, he can't just rub dirt on that type of foot injury and get back on the field.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Makes sense, this will give the organization enough time to determine whether we stick with Brock for the remainder of the season or go back to Peyton once he's healthy.

5. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He's faking it.

Signed,
    Yashinator
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Bringing Christina Ponder in for a look

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I thought he had a partial tear that requires at least 12 weeks to fully heal? Is the team rushing him by saying only the next couple of games, or does he not have a partially torn plantar fascia?

I know it's not uncommon for teams to not be super specific with injuries, but I'm guessing this is actually good news considering what the prognosis for a partial tear is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Still stand by my opinion that he has started his last game as a Bronco. I don't think they want to announce it publicly after just one game though. Assuming Brock doesn't fall apart over the next two weeks, I think they officially make the transition.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I thought he had a partial tear that requires at least 12 weeks to fully heal? Is the team rushing him by saying only the next couple of games, or does he not have a partially torn plantar fascia?

I know it's not uncommon for teams to not be super specific with injuries, but I'm guessing this is actually good news considering what the prognosis for a partial tear is.
    Nobody is rushing anything. Kubiak said he won't be available for at least 2 weeks, and he'll be in a boot for a week. He didn't say he'll only moss two more weeks.

He won't even be practicing.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Nobody is rushing anything. Kubiak said he won't be available for at least 2 weeks, and he'll be in a boot for a week. He didn't say he'll only moss two more weeks.

He won't even be practicing.
    Cool. I didn't ask anything about any of that though. I asked if he had a torn plantar fascia. I guess I can infer that the answer is no, because as I've been told, the prognosis for that is severe rest for weeks and not at 100% until at least 12 weeks.

If the answer is yes, then the question is valid... is 2 weeks way to aggressive a schedule for that type of injury?

These aren't leading or rhetorical questions, I'm actually asking them.

15. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Cool. I didn't ask anything about any of that though. I asked if he had a torn plantar fascia. I guess I can infer that the answer is no, because as I've been told, the prognosis for that is severe rest for weeks and not at 100% until at least 12 weeks.

If the answer is yes, then the question is valid... is 2 weeks way to aggressive a schedule for that type of injury?

These aren't leading or rhetorical questions, I'm actually asking them.
    According to the report, nothing has changed. He has a partial tear. I think they're going to take it week to week, and more than likely he's not seeing the field for at least a month, barring an injury to Brock.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

According to the report, nothing has changed. He has a partial tear. I think they're going to take it week to week, and more than likely he's not seeing the field for at least a month, barring an injury to Brock.
    At least a month sounds way more reasonable. It's just not what they said. Whatever, I'm probably reading too much into it, but I suspect your right. "At least 2 weeks" is probably closer to "At least 4-5 weeks".

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If Brock gets injured, I would way rather them trot out Simean or Ponder/whoever they bring in over a still-injured Manning.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If Brock gets injured, I would way rather them trot out Simean or Ponder/whoever they bring in over a still-injured Manning.
    Yep. Exactly. And since they are working out Ponder (and whoever else if they don't like him), that definitely looks like the writing on the wall.

21. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Peyton Manning sidelined two weeks, earliest return Dec. 6

Peyton Manning walked a well worn path to Dr. Robert Anderson's office in Charlotte, N.C., on Monday, and walked out requiring a minimum of two weeks rest. The earliest Manning will return is Dec. 6 at San Diego.

The Broncos will work out free agent quarterback Christian Ponder Wednesday, eyeing depth as they brace for a potential extended absence by Manning.

Anderson recommended Manning spend this week in a walking cast — a treatment for the torn plantar fascia in his left heel — followed by additional rehab strengthening of his leg. By going with a cast, Manning has elected a non-surgical procedure. Manning will attend meetings and perform light workouts with the team, according to coach Gary Kubiak.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...te-foot-advice

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Apparently we put in a waiver claim on Jimmy Clausen but the Ravens got him. Now working out Ponder. If Brock isn't our future, get used to seeing guys like these in a Bronco uniform - scary, isn't it?

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information