Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Browns name McCown starting QB, demote Manziel

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

He can be high as the Eiffel Tower if he can toss four touchdown passes. Most fans won't care.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    He can be high as the Eiffel Tower if he can toss four touchdown passes. Most fans won't care.
    He played pretty well in their last game. I don't think it's that simple. No one would care if he hadn't admitted to having a drinking problem and spent time in rehab less than 6 months ago.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

His biggest mistake was going into rehab. Otherwise, Nobody would have given a shit if he was out being an idiot. Rehab usually never works. How many people actually stay clean after rehab? Its about 5% or less. 95% will relapse. It sure didnt do Manziel any good

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    His biggest mistake was going into rehab. Otherwise, Nobody would have given a shit if he was out being an idiot. Rehab usually never works. How many people actually stay clean after rehab? Its about 5% or less. 95% will relapse. It sure didnt do Manziel any good
    Hold on... wow..... it was a MISTAKE to go to rehab? Seriously? Incredible. Of course they would have cared. They cared BEFORE he went to rehab, which was the 'pushing moment' that made him go. He's been getting hammered on for his drinking and partying since college. Of course they would have cared, ESPECIALLY the people paying him millions.

Manziel's mistake is not GETTING that being the face of the franchise means that you can NOT "act like any 23 yr old." You are supposed to be responsible. You just went to rehab so that you could move forward and take this shit seriously, and yet you can't seem to GET IT, and stop partying. That was his mistake. Actually getting help, and going through the process to IMPROVE his life, was not a mistake. THat's exactly what he should have been doing as the kid obviously has a problem.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Hold on... wow..... it was a MISTAKE to go to rehab? Seriously? Incredible. Of course they would have cared. They cared BEFORE he went to rehab, which was the 'pushing moment' that made him go. He's been getting hammered on for his drinking and partying since college. Of course they would have cared, ESPECIALLY the people paying him millions.

Manziel's mistake is not GETTING that being the face of the franchise means that you can NOT "act like any 23 yr old." You are supposed to be responsible. You just went to rehab so that you could move forward and take this shit seriously, and yet you can't seem to GET IT, and stop partying. That was his mistake. Actually getting help, and going through the process to IMPROVE his life, was not a mistake. THat's exactly what he should have been doing as the kid obviously has a problem.
    And on top of that, they probably would have even forgiven his recent partying had he just been upfront and apologetic about it. The fact that he straight up lied to their faces about it probably ends his career in Cleveland. Will be interesting to see if he gets another shot anywhere. I'm sure someone will take a flyer on him, but he'll be on a very short leash.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

If Manziel was not planning to stop drinking, it was a waste of time and money to spend 10 weeks in rehab.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Who cares if he drinks? If he got physical with that chic he was dating then it's a different story.

Football players of the past are damn lucky they didn't live in today's age of too much media coverage.
    Had to do with lying to coach too

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

I apologize if I offended anyone by casting aspersions on the rehab industry. I have personal opinions about those facilities. Unfortunately, many rehab facilities are motivated by greed and they exaggerate their successes to market new clients. Alcoholism is a brutal disease and there are people out there who will take advantage of wealthy alcoholics. Thats where I was coming from. As for Manziel, he can stop drinking and he doesnt need rehab to do it. I hope he can do it or alcohol will destroy his career and then it will destroy his life.

11. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Johnny Highball.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    If Manziel was not planning to stop drinking, it was a waste of time and money to spend 10 weeks in rehab.
    Dzone, come on.

If all he had to do was "intend to stop drinking"...then he wouldnt' be an addict and wo uldn't need "help" trying to break that addiction. Your statement, here, doesn't make sense. Can you honestly say that he didn't "intend" to stop drinking when making the decision to go go rehab? Isn't that what an addiction is, doing something that is simply beyond making a "logical decision?"
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Dzone, come on.

If all he had to do was "intend to stop drinking"...then he wouldnt' be an addict and wo uldn't need "help" trying to break that addiction. Your statement, here, doesn't make sense. Can you honestly say that he didn't "intend" to stop drinking when making the decision to go go rehab? Isn't that what an addiction is, doing something that is simply beyond making a "logical decision?"
    LOL...Ok, since you have misunderstood everything I have posted in this thread and I have no idea what you are talking about, Im going to opt out of perpetuating this discussion to prevent further misunderstanding. Thanks and have a nice day

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

ill take a drunk qb over one that throws 3 ints

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    ill take a drunk qb over one that throws 3 ints
    A drunk qb over Tebow then

17. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

never. Tebow TD to INT ratio was amazing and the Rams need to sign him now.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    never. Tebow TD to INT ratio was amazing and the Rams need to sign him now.
    12 turnovers to 18 touchdowns. I feel like when advocating for a running qb it's only fair to count fumbles, and rushing tds.
    Free Hotcarl!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information