Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Roger Goodell is a dick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rapey Lonnie

Default Roger Goodell is a dick.

What's up with the penalties this year? The Seahawks mauled the shit out of receivers the year they won the Super Bowl. If we lay a finger on them we get a penalty call. Hell they can maul our cb and we get called.

The only explanation I can think of is Goodell hates defensive teams, he has been trying for years to make it as easy as he can on Qb's. That superbowl must of pissed him off he was expecting a big showdown. So I guess he decided to make it easier in offensive teams. The refs have been told to be more aggressive against aggressive teams. Doesn't matter what ref crew it is, they all **** over the defense. How can the best pass rush in the league only have 4 holding calls against them? If the refs called all the penalties for holding, or called pass interference correctly we would kick the shit out of these other teams. Goodell must hate dominate D.

2. The Following User High Fived Foochacho For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rapey Lonnie

I am not much of a conspiracy theorist but I just can't get over the lack of no calls.

Goodell has commented on the lack of consistency with penalties being called.

He needs to get on the horn with Spikerman and put our guy to work. Spike would have this mess cleaned up in no time!

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The rules are getting too complicated and way too subjective. I saw about 5 plays this week that were as bad or worse than Ward's personal foul that weren't called. A Patriots pass rusher hit Tyrod right in the earhole with his forearm last night much worse than two that the Broncos were called for this season and no flag. Brock slid feet first and a DL jumped on him after the whistle and no call.

Ward gets called for hitting a guy in the chest and a Cardinals LB hits a Bengals WR square in the head right in front of a ref and no call (I was rooting for the Cards by the way but the call should have been made).

I hate the inconsistency of the calls. I despise the ridiculously punitive nature of PI calls. It's getting too hard to ref and it is aparent because this is the absolute worst season of NFL officiating that I have ever witnessed.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following 9 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Its gotten ridiculous. So ridiculous that we have to listen to the idiot mike carrey during games

10. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Not that it made any difference, but KC was holding just about every time the camera showed their O-Line.

That call hasn't changed at all - but I do wonder if they're swallowing the whistle sometimes.

Honestly, back in the day, NASCAR was kind of a joke because there was always a need to bunch up the field whenever a favorite got way behind.

I don't really think there's any conspiracy like that going on in the NFL but I am starting to wonder what the hell is going on.

Sort it out.

The Patriots are the least penalized team in the league. Part of thay is preparation, and part of it is league bias, imo.

What was funny about the whistle blowing last night on the controversial reception by Amendola is the ref hastily blew the whistle in an attempt to protect Brady from getting hit.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

With all the betting and money involved would seem hard to prevent a desperate ref from going rogue like Tim Donaghy did in the nba

I'm pretty sure there's a committee that deals with it. I don't think it has much to do with Goodell.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Ok, so the average NFL ref salary is around $180,000. Thats pretty good, but is it enough to keep someone from taking 10 times that amount to influence a game

Quote Originally Posted by Foochacho View Post
    What's up with the penalties this year? The Seahawks mauled the shit out of receivers the year they won the Super Bowl. If we lay a finger on them we get a penalty call. Hell they can maul our cb and we get called.

The only explanation I can think of is Goodell hates defensive teams, he has been trying for years to make it as easy as he can on Qb's. That superbowl must of pissed him off he was expecting a big showdown. So I guess he decided to make it easier in offensive teams. The refs have been told to be more aggressive against aggressive teams. Doesn't matter what ref crew it is, they all **** over the defense. How can the best pass rush in the league only have 4 holding calls against them? If the refs called all the penalties for holding, or called pass interference correctly we would kick the shit out of these other teams. Goodell must hate dominate D.
    Denver's defense has only been the beneficiary of 4 offensive holding calls? I couldn't believe that, so I looked it up and sure enough it is true. So the top ranked D also has the least amount of offensive holding calls. And that's not all, of the five defenses with the least amount of holding calls (Den 4, Bal 6, Tampa 9, Seattle 10, and Carolina 10), three of the five also rank in the top five in total defense (Den 1, Seattle 2, and Carolina 4). You could make the argument that these top teams are also better at getting off blocks and getting home to the QB (avoiding the hold), but I've watched enough football over the past 35 years to know that teams getting pressure are the ones most likely to be getting held. This is a strange statistical situation to say the least...

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Ok, so the average NFL ref salary is around $180,000. Thats pretty good, but is it enough to keep someone from taking 10 times that amount to influence a game
    wait... so you are suggesting the refs are either being paid off or setting bets themselves, in HOPES that the ref can influence the game?? come on.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

I don't know what a catch is anymore after watching Odell Beckham's TD ruled incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a committee that deals with it. I don't think it has much to do with Goodell.
    That's true of pretty much everything in the NFL, but most people forget it. Since terminal cancer forced Rozelle into retirement, commissioners have reverted to no more than errand boys and spokesmen for the ACTUAL decision makers paying them huge salaries to announce and take the heat for those decisions.

More passing=more scoring=more excitment=more ratings=more money. It's that simple; the rest (or most of it) is just symptomatic of that.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information