Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Roger Goodell is a dick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I won't imply anything this time, I'm saying the NFL screws teams over on a weekly basis, on purpose. They don't just officiate the game, they literally **** teams over, on purpose. My guess the end game is much the same as deflating balls, taping walk-through's and bugging locker rooms.

Btw, I'm not talking about TJ Ward spearing Cutler on the ground, I'm talking about bullshit holding calls on Kayvon Webster that directly lead to TDs for the other team, I'm talking about the lack of holding and hands to the face calls on the other teams OL.
    So it's a conspiracy against the Broncos?

And why? Why would the league have something against Denver?

And their nefarious plan failed.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Lol nefarious

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Honestly, with all the personal fouls our defense has accumulated I think they've gotten the rep of being "dirty" and the refs watch them more than the other teams. I think it may also color their judgement on when they decide to throw a flag against our opponent. If it's close on us, it's a flag. If it's close on them, it's not.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

4. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So it's a conspiracy against the Broncos?

And why? Why would the league have something against Denver?

And their nefarious plan failed.
    I haven't got to the bottom of it. . .yet.

You'll know as soon as I know.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I don't know how high this goes but I plan to find out.

If anything should happen to me. . .you know. . .
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

8. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Honestly, with all the personal fouls our defense has accumulated I think they've gotten the rep of being "dirty" and the refs watch them more than the other teams. I think it may also color their judgement on when they decide to throw a flag against our opponent. If it's close on us, it's a flag. If it's close on them, it's not.
    Lots of dirty teams have lived in denial, but that doesn't explain why GB and Chicago EACH had more penalties last night than they had COMBINED against us: The Packers were flagged all of twice in Denver, and Chicago was NEVER flagged last week. Just 2 months after breaking their half-century-old franchise record for penalty yardage. If they suddenly and inexplicably turned into boy scouts in Denver, what happened 4 days later to get them flagged 8 times?

It often seems to matter whom you are/play, and when teams win multiple-score victories against people who severely outclass them in EVERY category, the list of penalties usually offers the sole and very dubious explanation. I still think it's mainly "fiat parity" for ratings, with maybe a little large market/fanbase favoritism thrown in, but what it's definitely NOT is consistent or equal. These days it's more like "blow one down there, blow the SAME ONE down here."
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I don't know how high this goes but I plan to find out.

If anything should happen to me. . .you know. . .
    On a totally unrelated topic, Roger Goodell called me and asked if I knew where you live. I told him no, but I'd try to find out. It seemed legit.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

11. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Lots of dirty teams have lived in denial, but that doesn't explain why GB and Chicago EACH had more penalties last night than they had COMBINED against us: The Packers were flagged all of twice in Denver, and Chicago was NEVER flagged last week. Just 2 months after breaking their half-century-old franchise record for penalty yardage. If they suddenly and inexplicably turned into boy scouts in Denver, what happened 4 days later to get them flagged 8 times?

It often seems to matter whom you are/play, and when teams win multiple-score victories against people who severely outclass them in EVERY category, the list of penalties usually offers the sole and very dubious explanation. I still think it's mainly "fiat parity" for ratings, with maybe a little large market/fanbase favoritism thrown in, but what it's definitely NOT is consistent or equal. These days it's more like "blow one down there, blow the SAME ONE down here."
    Dallas is probably the most high profile team in the league with a massive market. That didn't do them any favors yesterday.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Dallas is probably the most high profile team in the league with a massive market. That didn't do them any favors yesterday.
    Yeah, but pretty much everyone but their fans hates them, especially since Jerry came to town. Then again, everyone but their fans hated them when Landry MADE them boy scouts. Anyway, if the NFL cared about angering their fanbase or local neighbors, the three greatest dynasties of the past 50 years wouldn't have stopped the Cowboys just short of umpteen championships (half a dozen come to mind immediately as the reason I hate GB, half the reason I hate SF, and a third of the reason I hate Pitt.)

Screwing Dallas pleases far more people than it angers, and isn't bad for ratings. And I was already wondering if Carolinas end zone Int on Brady two years ago (which Cheatriot fans still swear the WR could've teleported 10' in a fraction of a second to catch through Kuechly if not "interfered" with) presages the same future for them that Seattles Fail Mary vs. GB did (coincidentally or not.) Teams can go a long way, catch a lot of breaks and get away with a lot of crap when the NFL gives them carte blanche.

That's how NE* taped and deflated its way from a half-century as perennial AFL whipping boy to the most successful SB franchise in NFL history, in barely a decade. Seattle's the same: 35 years of constant pathos only once interrupted when Pitt was finally given its "one for the thumb" (and how we got three pages into THIS thread without mentioning THAT game I don't know.) A few PEDs and blindside headshots later and it was Fail Mary, SB champs and SB losers in just three years.

The NFL too often looks too much like the WWF far: The outcome is whatever fits the most marketable narrative, and far more often than talent or chance alone should allow.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Yeah, but pretty much everyone but their fans hates them, especially since Jerry came to town. Then again, everyone but their fans hated them when Landry MADE them boy scouts. Anyway, if the NFL cared about angering their fanbase or local neighbors, the three greatest dynasties of the past 50 years wouldn't have stopped the Cowboys just short of umpteen championships (half a dozen come to mind immediately as the reason I hate GB, half the reason I hate SF, and a third of the reason I hate Pitt.)

Screwing Dallas pleases far more people than it angers, and isn't bad for ratings. And I was already wondering if Carolinas end zone Int on Brady two years ago (which Cheatriot fans still swear the WR could've teleported 10' in a fraction of a second to catch through Kuechly if not "interfered" with) presages the same future for them that Seattles Fail Mary vs. GB did (coincidentally or not.) Teams can go a long way, catch a lot of breaks and get away with a lot of crap when the NFL gives them carte blanche.

That's how NE* taped and deflated its way from a half-century as perennial AFL whipping boy to the most successful SB franchise in NFL history, in barely a decade. Seattle's the same: 35 years of constant pathos only once interrupted when Pitt was finally given its "one for the thumb" (and how we got three pages into THIS thread without mentioning THAT game I don't know.) A few PEDs and blindside headshots later and it was Fail Mary, SB champs and SB losers in just three years.

The NFL too often looks too much like the WWF far: The outcome is whatever fits the most marketable narrative, and far more often than talent or chance alone should allow.
    so, they're purposefully ******* Dallas for ratings in this thread. But ratings are down in another?

You're conspiracies don't jive, man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    On a totally unrelated topic, Roger Goodell called me and asked if I knew where you live. I told him no, but I'd try to find out. It seemed legit.
    I don't scare easy zebra.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

so, they're purposefully ******* Dallas for ratings in this thread. But ratings are down in another?

You're conspiracies don't jive, man.
    How so? Flat ratings prove the league's not trying to boost ratings? If anything, they're further incentive for the league to do just; never said it was WORKING.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information