Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Patriots will kills us...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Big Al talked about it a week or so ago, apparently that's what they called it in his day, it's a legitimate defensive strategy where they rush the passer but try to keep him in the pocket at the same time, the Broncos have faced 4 mobile QB's in a row so maybe there's more to it than meets the untrained eye.
    I didn't know there was a specific term for it, but OK, that makes sense.

Still doesn't explain the many blown deep coverages though, nor all the dirty hits from Pro Bowlers responsible for coverage (particularly the SS trying to break the record for most suspensions in a season.) I can understand getting burned occasionally; no one's perfect. But when a team has only ONE first rate receiving threat (i.e. Hilton in Indy, Bennett in Chicago) but the secondary gives up MULTIPLE deep balls with no one even CLOSE ENOUGH to be considered "beaten"....

They keep showing up after the catch and often after the WHISTLE to throw shoulders into helmets or helmets into backs though. "I think we got a bunch of thugs here, Dan."
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

This wipe out is going to be hard to watch. The Patriot D is going to make Osweiller look like a basketball player. New England 52 Broncos 0. Let the Ponder era begin

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I didn't know there was a specific term for it, but OK, that makes sense.

Still doesn't explain the many blown deep coverages though, nor all the dirty hits from Pro Bowlers responsible for coverage (particularly the SS trying to break the record for most suspensions in a season.) I can understand getting burned occasionally; no one's perfect. But when a team has only ONE first rate receiving threat (i.e. Hilton in Indy, Bennett in Chicago) but the secondary gives up MULTIPLE deep balls with no one even CLOSE ENOUGH to be considered "beaten"....

They keep showing up after the catch and often after the WHISTLE to throw shoulders into helmets or helmets into backs though. "I think we got a bunch of thugs here, Dan."
    In this day and age of the NFL I consider this nitpicking.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    The Whole Team

Pats 100 Broncos -7 Von Miller will sack Tanya Brady but in doing so fart in his face
    thus causing the Refs to take away seven points from the Broncos and give them the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    In this day and age of the NFL I consider this nitpicking.
    In the eyes of todays NFL, it probably is. After all, weren't we recently treated to an article basically outright saying Brady's a moral paragon BECAUSE he cheats in an era when we all long for the days of Maddens Raiders winning championships with Holy Rollers and post-whistle sucker punches? Once shameful things are popular they're no longer shameful, but admirable, right? But it makes me shudder to think how the next generation of adults will define "be like Mike."

"I'm'a shoot up a bunch of 'roids and adderall, then punch people in the back of the head when no one's looking, so I can be as successful as Dick Sherman!" At least the Cheatriots only rip people off, not cripple them. As long as it works, it's fine. By the way, John Fox and Cutler almost forced OT against a week after we couldn't even get a final possession vs. Luck and NOTHING but Hilton.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

The Broncos are going to get killed this time around...
    In Elway We Trust

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Prolly lose 100 zilch. Way TOO much going against us.

Peytons too old. Kubes is too dumb. DT is too scared. Ware is too hurt. Miller too soft. Hillman too small. Colquitt too rich. Wolfe too happy. Talib too careless. Ward too brittle. Schoefield too used. Daniels too slow. TDs too hard to find.

Roby too............Roby is boss.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

9. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

The Broncos dont have a snowballs chance in hell in this one...Might as well pack their golf clubs and bermuda shorts

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I'm not even going to watch.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

12. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    The Broncos dont have a snowballs chance in hell in this one...Might as well pack their golf clubs and bermuda shorts
    Why? No probowl for Manning. He might as well just stay home on Sunday.

I agree with everyone else: NE*s determination must inevitably terminate Denver. Or its cheating must; "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying," so same thing, right?
    Last edited by Joel; 01-21-2016 at 01:12 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

we lose five-hundred to nothing, thunder dies on the field, and the stadium burns down. . . broncos move to LA. . .

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    we lose five-hundred to nothing, thunder dies on the field, and the stadium burns down. . . broncos move to LA. . .
    Ahem...OK.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Ahem...OK.
    Gotta be realistic: The "Patriots will kills" EVERYONE. Except the Dolphins, Jets, Eagles and us—but everyone not on that list is TOAST. See ya'll next year....

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Hmmm...

Flashbacks of SB nightmares plague the Broncos. Losing the coin toss and muffing the opening KO Peyton helplessly watches the first snap sail over his head; turning to watch it sail through the uprights. The ensuing free kick is returned for a TD and the Splats* offense hasn't even taken the field yet. The rest of the half is so demoralizing the stands empty during half time; save a handful of Splats* fans. Not even stadium staffing make it through the first 4 minutes of the third quarter. In the aftermath of the game; for the first time in league history owners consider a mercy rule to end a game early - introduced by Pat Bowlen himself.

Not looking forward to this one. Chico Marx, "Atsa no good." will forevermore be remembered as a Broncos fan.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information