Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Brock will start against the Pats

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

Just read my Broncos press conference quotes and saw this. All things considered, I think it's the right move. While Brock didn't look like Elway (Brady, Manning, Montana, etc.) reincarnate, he looked solid. I read Klis or someone saying prior to the game that he was tasked with not turning the ball over, managing the game and letting the Broncos defense win the game (paraphrasing by memory) and that's just what he did.

NE will be a very big test, but I would not be utterly shocked if Brock wins the job from this point forward. That said, I also wouldn't be shocked if Manning was back later in the season for the playoff run. I think at this point it's going to have more to do with Brock's performance than Manning's health, because all signs are that Brock is more capable of running the offense that Kubiak wants to call.
    The one thing about Kubiak's offense is the be patient as the QB, the deep ball will happen just take the crossing routes, dump it off to RB and work your way down field. It's not flashy and is conservative but we saw Manning hit some of the deep ones. Saw Brock hit some in preseason as well. But I do think missing Sanders did not help that either.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Yashahla17 View Post
    Brady is taking some mean hits, NE offensive line is getting man handled right now.
    Their Oline is as bad as Denver's.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    The 1968 Baltimore Colts had a similar situation. Johnny Unitas got injured and his backup Earl Morral led the colts to the 3rd super bowl. When the colts fell behind the new york jets in super bowl III, Unitas came off the bench to try to mount a comeback. Unitas was rusty and played terrible and threw an interception to johnny sample, I believe. I could be wrong, but thats what I recall from the Sports Jeopardy game show. If history repeats, then osweiller would lead the team to super bowl 50 and manning would come off the bench to try and save the game. Crazier things have happened lol
    That would be my only concern if Brock manages to keep us winning and moving into the playoffs. Your example is a good one and another example would be when Denver went to KC on their way to the first SB win. Grbac went down early in the season and Rich Gannon came in to take over. The Chiefs managed to make the playoffs and hosted Denver only to insert Grbac into the lineup. Well, we all know what happened there even though i think we still would of found a way to pull it out from ol Shottyheimer but one could argue that Grbac was rusty messed with the chemistry the team had built with Gannon at that point.

I am excited to see Brock start again. He looked fairly comfortable in the position last week and I have confidence in his abilities. Pats are going to be tough though. Each week Pat Kirwan and the Real Football Network highlight some QB's and breakdown their passing map. Here is a look at Brock's pssing game and what he is going to be up against with the Pats: https://realfootballnetwork.com/2015...r-passing-map/

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Their Oline is as bad as Denver's.
    Should be interesting next week.

Their OL is not as bad as Denver's is. It's not even close.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

8. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Brady is pretty good at hiding their deficiencies, like Manning use to be able to do. However, I agree they're not as bad.

I dont care if there as bad as ours, when your qb takes vicious hits like i seen brady taking it can't be a good thing. If we can get some hits on brady like that we will surely be in his head. Brady was grimacing after a few of those hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Yashahla17 View Post
    I dont care if there as bad as ours, when your qb takes vicious hits like i seen brady taking it can't be a good thing. If we can get some hits on brady like that we will surely be in his head. Brady was grimacing after a few of those hits.
    Yeah.. Brady is pretty bad about handling pressure. :blink:
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I guess being ranked 16th in the NFL is a mirage and all the sacks are because Brady is holding onto the ball to long.

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

The Pats' O-line is really, really bad. It was bad to start the year and has gotten a lot worse with the injuries they have.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information