Thread: Brock will start against the Pats

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Our D just isn't the same without him.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I thought someone said a month+. Im not sure how long he's been out.
    We'll find out Wednesday I'd imagine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Brooke Shields>>>>>>>>Ryan Harris
    Emma Watson >>>> all of you.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I miss Medford! One of the best dudes I have ever met!
    Psht. Only because we've never met. We've never met, right? I drank too much in Denver.

Good. The experience will be good for Brock. We'll also avoid a week of Brady vs Manning talk.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Brooke Shields>>>>>>>>Ryan Harris
    Emma Watson >>>> all of you.

I heard she recently had a threesome with 2 black dudes and one of them was a member of ISIS. That's the rumor.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I heard she recently had a threesome with 2 black dudes and one of them was a member of ISIS. That's the rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Just heard it on the news. Please merge if there is a thread already....
    Just read my Broncos press conference quotes and saw this. All things considered, I think it's the right move. While Brock didn't look like Elway (Brady, Manning, Montana, etc.) reincarnate, he looked solid. I read Klis or someone saying prior to the game that he was tasked with not turning the ball over, managing the game and letting the Broncos defense win the game (paraphrasing by memory) and that's just what he did.

NE will be a very big test, but I would not be utterly shocked if Brock wins the job from this point forward. That said, I also wouldn't be shocked if Manning was back later in the season for the playoff run. I think at this point it's going to have more to do with Brock's performance than Manning's health, because all signs are that Brock is more capable of running the offense that Kubiak wants to call.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    What do you mean, "you people"?

:racist:

I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

12. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Just read my Broncos press conference quotes and saw this. All things considered, I think it's the right move. While Brock didn't look like Elway (Brady, Manning, Montana, etc.) reincarnate, he looked solid. I read Klis or someone saying prior to the game that he was tasked with not turning the ball over, managing the game and letting the Broncos defense win the game (paraphrasing by memory) and that's just what he did. NE will be a very big test, but I would not be utterly shocked if Brock wins the job from this point forward. That said, I also wouldn't be shocked if Manning was back later in the season for the playoff run. I think at this point it's going to have more to do with Brock's performance than Manning's health, because all signs are that Brock is more capable of running the offense that Kubiak wants to call.
    If Brock manages to beat the Pats then we have a situation where it's very tough to bring Manning back in. Unquestionably. Then we are talking Karpernick-like hype. Bledsoe would be brought up.

That's so unlikely though. Broncos lose this game by 3 TDs IMO and Brock will have 2-3 picks throwing the ball up for grabs trying to come back. I expect the game to be over by halftime.

To be fair I'm glad Manning won't be in there but these two teams don't belong on the same field right now.

IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    If Brock manages to beat the Pats then we have a situation where it's very tough to bring Manning back in. Unquestionably. Then we are talking Karpernick-like hype. Bledsoe would be brought up.

That's so unlikely though. Broncos lose this game by 3 TDs IMO and Brock will have 2-3 picks throwing the ball up for grabs trying to come back. I expect the game to be over by halftime.

To be fair I'm glad Manning won't be in there but these two teams don't belong on the same field right now.

IMO.
    Based on the way the defense played the first seven games of the season, I would have said I totally disagree, based on how they have played the last three (good, but not great), there is a chance the Broncos could be out by halftime. I think it's as much about which Denver defense shows up, as much as it is about how Brock plays.

15. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Based on the way the defense played the first seven games of the season, I would have said I totally disagree, based on how they have played the last three (good, but not great), there is a chance the Broncos could be out by halftime. I think it's as much about which Denver defense shows up, as much as it is about how Brock plays.
    I guess we are going to find out but am truly relieved I don't have to watch another indignity for Manning. Last year: Brady is Better chants in Foxboro. Then injury, the Colts sending him home convincingly in the playoffs and his primary era nemesis cruising home with the Lombardi can the team that humiliated the Broncos in the SB. WTE is still raping us while laughing hysterically somewhere.

Belichick vs new starting QB. With an offense that hasn't scored 30 all year and can't run whatsoever most weeks. With one legit WR that's not hurt.

If Talib can cover Gronk, and the rush can get to Brady ALL night -- I may be wrong. But I see a complete ass-kicking and if I were the type to bet against my rooting interests I'd be very comfortable putting large sums of money on it.

Brady is taking some mean hits, NE offensive line is getting man handled right now.

18. The Following User High Fived Yashahla17 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, and Kyle Orton have all beaten the Patriots. I have faith Brock Osweiler can too.
    In Elway We Trust

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

The 1968 Baltimore Colts had a similar situation. Johnny Unitas got injured and his backup Earl Morral led the colts to the 3rd super bowl. When the colts fell behind the new york jets in super bowl III, Unitas came off the bench to try to mount a comeback. Unitas was rusty and played terrible and threw an interception to johnny sample, I believe. I could be wrong, but thats what I recall from the Sports Jeopardy game show. If history repeats, then osweiller would lead the team to super bowl 50 and manning would come off the bench to try and save the game. Crazier things have happened lol
    Last edited by Dzone; 11-23-2015 at 10:36 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information