Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter King: Drama builds in Denver

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Perhaps the BRONCOS can hire Coughlin just for this game.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I was amazed how well the team responded to Brock on Sunday. They were all shouting his name after the game, and for the first time in 3 1/2 years, it felt like Manning was never on the team. I think this is still a delicate situation to handle by the FO and Kubiak.
    Most of the players are in Brock age group and have things in common with him, beside football. Manning is a great player but it not like he going out drinking with them or listen to the same music or movies.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Most of the players are in Brock age group and have things in common with him, beside football. Manning is a great player but it not like he going out drinking with them or listen to the same music or movies.
    I don't think any of them drive a Buick either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Patriots always come to play, so this game is a tossup for me. They are hurting though, and have several injuries at key positions. Hopefully, that along with it being in Denver will help. A 6:30 PM kickoff is 8:30 PM for them. Hopefully they are tired and we control Gronk.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Patriots always come to play, so this game is a tossup for me. They are hurting though, and have several injuries at key positions. Hopefully, that along with it being in Denver will help. A 6:30 PM kickoff is 8:30 PM for them. Hopefully they are tired and we control Gronk.
    If we have the same ref's as the Chicago game, there's no way we can cover them. All Gronk would have to do is knock his defender down to get a defensive PI.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

I thought Chris Harris suggesting Brock not turning the ball over was what they needed him to do was quite telling.

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

There really isn't any "drama" in Denver. What you have is one of the best QBs of all time obviously at the end of his career, and the national media wanting to cling onto his past accolades. Yes, his career deserves to be celebrated and yes, he will be in the Hall of Fame. But it's 2015 right now, and 2013 Manning is not walking into that locker room. Brock Osweiler right now is a better quarterback than Peyton Manning right now. The best thing Peyton Manning can do for the team is stand on the sideline, ready to go in as the 2nd string quarterback.

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    There really isn't any "drama" in Denver. What you have is one of the best QBs of all time obviously at the end of his career, and the national media wanting to cling onto his past accolades. Yes, his career deserves to be celebrated and yes, he will be in the Hall of Fame. But it's 2015 right now, and 2013 Manning is not walking into that locker room. Brock Osweiler right now is a better quarterback than Peyton Manning right now. The best thing Peyton Manning can do for the team is stand on the sideline, ready to go in as the 2nd string quarterback.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Or... get him back to health for a playoff run for a change. Brock played well but I'm not crowning him as of yet.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Chris Mortensen and now many others are reporting it - Brock to start vs NE. Kubiak press conference coming up

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Or... get him back to health for a playoff run for a change. Brock played well but I'm not crowning him as of yet.
    Get him to health for a playoff run so we have a reliable backup on the sidelines, sure. Manning has thrown an interception or more in every game this year. It's time to let go of the past. Health or not, his turnovers and inconsistent play hold the team back. He's not the best quarterback on the roster anymore. Even if Brock doesn't deserve to be "crowned" just yet, if the name on the back of the jersey was not Manning, 17 interceptions is just too many. I just don't trust Manning anymore and I don't think he can lead this team to anything other than a deficit on the scoreboard.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

But here's the thing: The Broncos are better off playing ultra-conservative offensive football. They are designed to win with defense and ball control. Even on a day when their defense was making mistakes and committing too many penalties, the Denver defense made the stops it had to make, in part because it had the field-position advantage that often comes with a turnover-free day.
    I seriously doubt that Kubiak doesn't believe this. He said as much in his post game speech when he said that despite the talent on the team they "won the right way" i.e. the Kubiak way.

It's not even in doubt whether you can win the regular season with this kind of conservative offense. The problem will come in the playoffs when they're facing Tom Brady.

Then, playing conservative football and running the ball and playing defense is not remotely going to be enough. They're going to need really good QB play as well.

Whether the Kubiak system is really well designed to win in the playoffs? That we'll have to see.

18. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Denver has no chance in this game IMO - none. The Pats will score and score often and there hasn't been any indication all year Denver can put that many points up.

Might as well open the bag of tricks, onside kicks, everything. Bombs and hope for PI. Good luck with that run run pass stuff against this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Damn, TJR.

Have you ever posted something positive?

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Denver has no chance in this game IMO - none. The Pats will score and score often and there hasn't been any indication all year Denver can put that many points up.

Might as well open the bag of tricks, onside kicks, everything. Bombs and hope for PI. Good luck with that run run pass stuff against this team.
    In general, I agree with this - 17 points isn't going to be enough to beat this Pats team, and I don't see any way we can put up 30+ with ease.

However, I don't know if I'd get all crazy with play calling. One of the advantages that Belichick has is mystique - coaches psych themselves up trying to outfox Bill that they often end up beating themselves because they get away from their normal game plan. Remember, the Colts had a real chance to beat the Pats this year and then they pulled out that ill advised "trick" punt.

22. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information