Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Manning intends to play in 2016

Peyton will always be a Colt, he knows it, they know it, we know it. But with what he's done since coming to Denver, how can you not become a huge fan of him? I get wanting to move on to Brock, it's time for that, but I don't get the vitriol toward Manning.

What's even wrong with his comments? He wants to play again, and if Denver doesn't want him, he wants to play somewhere else. I think it's a bad decision, but if it's what he wants, why not say it?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

It's disappointing if true. Still have nothing but admiration for him. Wasn't a huge fan of him in Indy but that's solely because he regularly slaughtered us. 2012 to now has been a refreshing oasis in the post-Shanahan desert, despite our playoff results. If he's on another team next year, I'll be rooting for him.

I don't take Florio's breaking stories too seriously.

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Peyton will always be a Colt, he knows it, they know it, we know it. But with what he's done since coming to Denver, how can you not become a huge fan of him? I get wanting to move on to Brock, it's time for that, but I don't get the vitriol toward Manning.

What's even wrong with his comments? He wants to play again, and if Denver doesn't want him, he wants to play somewhere else. I think it's a bad decision, but if it's what he wants, why not say it?
    It was a bitch move to wave to the indy fans and pat his heart before we played them. Were you cool with that?
    It's like your girl waving and smiling to her ex boyfriend and patting her heart before you battle him. Lame as hell. Dude cares about himself , and chokes too much. Never liked him, not a bronco.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    It was a bitch move to wave to the indy fans and pat his heart before we played them. Were you cool with that?
    It's like your girl waving and smiling to her ex boyfriend and patting her heart before you battle him. Lame as hell. Dude cares about himself , and chokes too much. Never liked him, not a bronco.
    Good grief.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Am I the only one who thinks Florio is a tool?

This season has been awesome. Next week will be a huge test for Brock and hopefully he passes, and we can bid Manning a goodbye and see him in the hall. Just don't want to see him in Bronco colors ever again.
    Agreed, first ballot HOFER, the greatest regular season quarterback ever, has won a ring, thers no denying his past greatness but its time for him to move on, i dont think theres anyway manning gets the keys back this year and ill bet everything elway releases him and saves that 15 million for other areas of the team.

I want to be wrong hoping florio is just spewing non sense because if manning camp is secretly putting out this type of stuff then they are indeed undermining what brock and HIS broncos did today.

10. The Following User High Fived Yashahla17 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Florio is a tool?
    Im hoping he is a tool spewing non sense. Or else manning camp looks very salty.

Lol and people thought i was being to honest about mannings poor play. When he did all that you just said imdidnt pay it no mind, its just facts that he will always be a colt, in my eyes manning has always been the opposition and beating our ass. Id bet 3 of his 9 career post season wins are vs the broncos.

Yes, I was cool with that. He played the majority of his HOF career in front of those fans, he made that franchise what it is. No problem with it whatsoever.

14. The Following User High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Good grief.
    He is keeping it real though, Manning was never a Bronco and that showed it, when you go to battle all that emotional ties are out the window until he retires. You don't go out there re bonding with the opposition

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Yes, I was cool with that. He played the majority of his HOF career in front of those fans, he made that franchise what it is. No problem with it whatsoever.
    After the game sure,

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Yashahla17 View Post
    He is keeping it real though, Manning was never a Bronco and that showed it, when you go to battle all that emotional ties are out the window until he retires. You don't go out there re bonding with the opposition
    He publicly said he didn't want the montage on the board. Indianapolis did it anyway and 80,000 people were clapping for the man. It's not a battle, it's a damn game.

It would have been a dick move to not at least smile, nod and waive and that's all he did.

This is, quite honestly, one of the dumbest criticisms of Manning I've ever seen.

What the **** was he supposed to do? Flip them off?

Unbelievable.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

When he was getting knocked around by the colts they was cheering hard as hell. So yes its a battle, a game is a battle. Manning should have put his helmet on and ignored theme. Because once the game started and he was getting hit the fans were loving it!

Default I think (and certainly hope) Manning's smarter than that

The reason I wanted Kubiak last year is that Manning's out of time and it takes a LOT of that to get two dozen guys on the same page, especially in an offense as complex as Kubiaks—or Mannings. Look how bad our offensive line remains even after a full offseason, camp and half the regular season under two coaches who've made their names coaching up linemen: We brought in several starters solely and PRECISELY because they know the system, but our line's STILL garbage.

Manning doesn't have time to do that again next year, hoping to win at least 10 games in the process and be ready in time for the playoffs: It's not working NOW, and he'll be a year older then; he certainly can't expect to spend all of 2016 lining up everything so a new team's "ready" for a SB run when's he's 41. The only way it'd even be possible would be if he stayed in Denver, but we don't have the cap space to keep him AND re-sign Miller, Oz and the many other starters with expiring contracts.

I don't know if he'll be healthy enough to play (and well) again this year, but hope so: Because this is his last hurrah, whether or not anyone wants to admit it.

Also, kudoes to all the people proving what I said when we signed him: That he only had two or MAYBE three years (the fans worm started turning the final months of Year 3) before he'd retire or make us all WISH he had, and if we didn't win a SB by then everyone would blame the hired gun they still blame for shelling us in the playoffs under Shanny, call him a career choker, and let our REAL franchise QB off the hook for expecting Manning to single-handedly win championships with NO line. But wtf do I know, right?
    Last edited by Joel; 11-23-2015 at 05:15 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information