Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015/2016 College Basketball Thread

Default 2015/2016 College Basketball Thread

Exhibition games are over. Oklahoma beats Memphis for the first time. Two classic programs playing right now, Duke/Kentucky.

Kansas versus Michigan State next.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Kansas versus Michigan State next.
    Great game too. Denzel Valentine was fantastic for Michigan State.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Decent win for Colorado earlier today, a true road win against another Power 5 conference team.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Decent win for Colorado earlier today, a true road win against another Power 5 conference team.
    I saw that earlier. They beat a decent team, which has a good coach.

I like how we can watch great teams play each other without the risk of knocking themselves out of a chance at the championship.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I saw that earlier. They beat a decent team, which has a good coach.
    Hung tough with a very good Iowa State over the weekend too. Colorado could be a tournament team.

You guys see what Iowa is doing to Marquette? I almost feel bad for Wojo.

The UCLA/Kentucky game is a shocker

How do they come up with rankings? Maybe I'm used to football, but this seems odd. Duke loses to Kentucky and drops back. Kentucky then loses to unranked UCLA. Right now Duke is ranked 6th or 7th while Kentucky is 4th. Personally, I don't care since the rankings don't matter as much. I'm just curious as to how they figure out rankings and why they're different.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

How do they come up with rankings? Maybe I'm used to football, but this seems odd. Duke loses to Kentucky and drops back. Kentucky then loses to unranked UCLA. Right now Duke is ranked 6th or 7th while Kentucky is 4th. Personally, I don't care since the rankings don't matter as much. I'm just curious as to how they figure out rankings and why they're different.
    To my knowledge they are compiled the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    To my knowledge they are compiled the same way.
    That's interesting. I just don't see it happening in football, do you? One team loses to a highly ranked team early in the season, while the other loses to an unranked team. I think Kentucky was maybe 2nd when they beat Duke. I know UCLA wasn't ranked.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That's interesting. I just don't see it happening in football, do you? One team loses to a highly ranked team early in the season, while the other loses to an unranked team. I think Kentucky was maybe 2nd when they beat Duke. I know UCLA wasn't ranked.
    I think the basketball voters tend to be a little different than the football voters because there are 30 games to judge a team on, not 12. Now, if they lost two or three in the non con, they'd probably drop. Arizona lost earlier and I think they stayed put.

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Tom Izzo is playing Christmas carols on an accordion over the phone to Dan Lebetard. It's hilarious.

Awesome game here between Kentucky and Louisville.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information