Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Aging Peyton Manning Now Forced To Take Field With Assistance Dog

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Hopefully for Andy Dalton's sake the onion never writes an article about him. He might go totally nuclear!

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Hell I've found in life that most celebrities find it an honor to be spoofed whether it be by South Park, SNL, Weird Al, you name it. Most people say they know they have made it when they are getting spoofed by guys like that. I would say the onion is just about the sports equivalent of those other people. Whether you find them funny or not, they haven't been around as long as they have nor have then been as successful as they've been without at least a few people appreciating them.

Hell, if Peyton has half the sense of humor I think he has based on all his commercials and such, he probably would chuckle at this onion article if he read it. I would be totally shocked if it offended him the way it is some on here.

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I know but I don't feel like being chastised by GEM and whoever else.
    I would not chastise you or anyone for your opinion on the piece. I didn't like the article, that's me. I never once in this thread said That anyone was anything for finding it funny. So don't go there bringing my name into your post.

Honestly, the only ones being chastised are the ones who don't find it funny and were offended by it. Pot, meet kettle.

How,does something as goofy as this end upma issue? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yashahla17 View Post
    How,does something as goofy as this end upma issue? Lol.
    It's not an issue...you're on a message board...someone posts something and people talk about it. Have you heard it on ESPN or NFL Network?

Quote Originally Posted by Yashahla17 View Post
    It was lame humor. Somebody put a lot into that and it still came out corny.
    What does that say about the quality of a Manning bash article if even this guy doesn't like it.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    What does that say about the quality of a Manning bash article if even this guy doesn't like it.
    Right!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I would not chastise you or anyone for your opinion on the piece. I didn't like the article, that's me. I never once in this thread said That anyone was anything for finding it funny. So don't go there bringing my name into your post.
    The post I edited had nothing to do with the article and you would've jumped down my throat for what I said because I've already seen you react that way to other people that have said things close to what I he originally typed out.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    The post I edited had nothing to do with the article and you would've jumped down my throat for what I said because I've already seen you react that way to other people that have said things close to what I he originally typed out.
    So you said something to or about Carol..then yea I probably would have...especially if it had nothing to do with the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I don't think he was talking about the article and I tend to agree with his butthurt on this topic.
    say what?

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

I get its satire, but it's pretty shitty and completely classless. If anyone talks like that about Elway, people are ready to murder mother******s...but no biggie with Manning. Appreciate what he's given us...an unexpected 4 year run of pretty good damn football. He needed to be sat..he dont need to be disrespected. If he hadn't come here, we'd probably all be miserable Broncos fans in the middle of tryingbto find a qb.
    oh comeon, good lord folks

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Lmao...the article wasnt that funny but the reacxtion to it is hilarious

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Lmao...the article wasnt that funny but the reacxtion to it is hilarious
    Seriously though. This is like our message board's version of the JJ Watt-Andy Dalton controversy.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

So you said something to or about Carol..then yea I probably would have...especially if it had nothing to do with the article.
    Here's basically what I said:

Any time anyone disagrees with something Carol posts or has something to say about something she posts, she gets snippy. I get that her hours upon hours of time spent on the computer every day scouring the Internet to post articles here are a major contribution to this site, but she, like everyone else, is subject to criticism and the opinions contained within. And no, this isn't an attack on Carol the person or the poster. It's an observation.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information