View Poll Results: Do we make the playoffs?

Voters
32. This poll is closed
  • Yes, Brock will lead us to the promised land!

26 81.25%
  • No, this is 2009 all over again

2 6.25%
  • Playoffs? Playoffs?? I just hope we win another game

4 12.50%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Do we make the playoffs this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I like you Dave.
    In fact, I'll have a Sam Adams tonight in your honor.

2. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Whoaa! Another year? Seriously Polian? It would be great if he could, but his body is degenerating rapidly.
    His body is not "degenerating rapidly" he's getting beaten up because the OL is putrid and then he got seriously hurt.

This offense is designed to run the ball, but they can't run the ball.

That puts all the pressure on the QB.

Only they can't hold their blocks for more than around 2 seconds either, which means Peyton has to constantly throw with pressure in his face. Then he takes a beating.

He's 39. Of course he can't take that kind of beating week in and week out, he gets injured.

I blame John Elway for not going out and getting a stud OL, and especially for not trading for Joe Thomas.

If they had Joe Thomas they could run the ball and he can stone wall any defender in the NFL one-on-one. Nobody on the Broncos OL can do that and it shows.

I doubt Peyton will play another year and almost certainly not for the Broncos. Not in this system with this crappy OL that can't protect him. What would be the point?

Every intelligent reporter or fan was worried BEFORE the season about how this OL could possibly hold up. How could they hope to protect a 39 year old QB with rookie Ty Sambrailo?

Only it got worse than that when Sambrailo too got hurt. Nobody on this OL is playing well. You saw Brock take a pounding just like Peyton has.

He's more mobile so he can sometimes escape the rush, but why can't they get an OL that could play well enough so he wouldn't have to?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I think Brock just has to be decent to get us to the playoffs. Superbowl...that is a different story.
    You are right about that. If the Chiefs win out they'd be 11-5. At worst the Broncos would need to win 4 out of 7 remaining games.

And does anybody think the Chiefs having started the season at 1-5 are then going 10-0? Or even 9-1? If not then they aren't winning the division.

How about the Raiders? They're also 4-5 and lost their last 2 games. Same thing for them. And the Chargers are already 5 games back with 7 to play. They're toast.

Broncos hold the tie-breakers over all.

Winning the SB though? That would require a healthy Peyton and an OL that could block effectively in the run game, as well as the defense playing great.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I don't think even a healthy Manning helps Denver's Super Bowl odds.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Or, maybe our QB position has been playing like hot garbage, and all that other blah, blah, blah you posted above wouldn't even really matter.

Your LT assessment is classic Cugel though - we have one of the best LT's in the game, who got hurt in TC. Then, our drafted player gets hurt. We've also drafted or brought in via free agency other OL players.

Yep - Elway hasn't done anything to address the OL.

Joe Thomas was a pipedream, and I'm glad Elway didn't mortgage the future to bring him in.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Super Bowl Bound!

I told you guys

8. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think we are pretty much a mortal lock for the 3 seed at this point. Anything else would really surprise me.
    And this is why I do not bet on sports.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I put $20 on the Broncos to win the Superbowl back in October. 10:1 odds. I left the ticket in my wallet the whole time, it's pretty wore, I hope they can still scan it
    Free Hotcarl!

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Pudge For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, i dont think its going to be just Oz that helps us get there this year. I think Manning comes back at some point before its over.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    This is what I should have said...
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Please research my posts. I've claimed Manning might be done, but always thought it was a sad state of affairs, and hoped he could come back and finish in style. (edited to take out the garbage...)
    Nice.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It was a logical guess. No one could see Denver winning enough games to overtake the ****Patriots. Who would thought they (the ****Patriots) would go 2-4 the final six weeks of the season?

16. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

To be fair, that was the smart bet when you said it. We'd just lost back-to-back games and our starting QB, replaced the latter with a guy who'd NEVER started, and still had to face BOTH AFC teams that were #1 and #2 at the time. Unless our untested backup QB halted the skid in a hurry, there was even a decent chance the team that started it could win its division, make up our 3-game lead and make us the FOUR seed thanks to the head-to-head win—if KC didn't win the division and eliminate us outright.

Oz, Manning and this WHOLE TEAM showed a lot of heart to bounced back from those losses and the ones against Pitt and hosting Oakland so we could claim the #1 seed, and then to gut out close home playoff wins against Pitt and NE* to reach the SB. The Cheats stumbling down the stretch helped some with the seeding, but effectively just made up for OUR stumbles against Pitt and Oakland: Beating NE* and Cincy, even at home, even in OT, won us the #1 seed by RIGHT.

However, anyone who sincerely predicted that in mid-November is either the biggest homer in the world or should buy a daily lottery ticket (one's all they'll need.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    I put $20 on the Broncos to win the Superbowl back in October. 10:1 odds. I left the ticket in my wallet the whole time, it's pretty wore, I hope they can still scan it
    Not bad, but if you really wanna make some nice money with little risk, the time for that's preseason. I heard Vegas had at something like 85:1 odds to win SB XXXII when I "hopped on the Broncos bandwagon" during SB XXXI: Perennial overhyped underachievers who'd just lost their only playoff game, against a two-year-old expansion team. Too bad I didn't know that or have a spare $20 to put down. Then again, that was the third of four straight SB champs I correctly picked during the PREVIOUS Conference Championships; if I'd put my money where my mouth was Vegas probably would've put ME in a landfill.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information