Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Manning has torn Ligament in Foot

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Default Report: Manning has torn Ligament in Foot

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...59055036362752
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...gament-in-foot
    Per Rotoworld:
    The plantar fascia is a ligament which connects the heel to the toes. Manning had been dealing with plantar fasciitis, a strain of the ligament, but Schefter reports the injury has gotten worse. Coach Gary Kubiak said Peyton would remain the starter if healthy, but this report confirms he is clearly less than 100 percent. Manning's status will be updated throughout the week. Brock Osweiler should be added in two-quarterback formats.
    Looks like Brock time on Sunday.

2. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

If Manning has Plantar Fasciitis he needs to sit for several weeks.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    That shit really hurts. I commend him for trying to play through such a painful injury but he didn't do us any favors. If we win 3 more games we make the playoffs. We can't risk him playing.
    In Elway We Trust

Pau Gasol missed 6 weeks with this injury.

Brock might be the starter for awhile.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

7. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

It sounds like he has a partially torn plantar fascia, which is much more painful than a fully torn one. It's also on his right foot which makes it difficult to push off on his throws.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

If we can win with Oz, Manning needs to consider that his final game. Time to call it a career.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

So this is the part where Oz becomes our Brady, taking over for the immobile and injured pocket passer and leading the team to the Super Bowl, right?

I wish Manning had torn the whole thing. It would make it easier to play with, and he could have surgery after the season to fix it. As it is he's basically screwed for the next few weeks. But at least we got some lovely bootlegs outta the deal.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

This is awful news for Manning and I feel bad for him, but he never should have pushed an injury like that. We have enough of a cushion still that I feel confident that Brock can keep the ship on course while he recovers. Elway missed 4 games and Bubby Brister did the same thing. We don't need him to be a hall of famer, we just need Brock to be good. I thought he showed great poise yesterday. I will take a fresh (or close to) Manning for the last part of the season/playoff run (unless Brock is playing out of his mind or something) and it could be a blessing in disguise. I don't want to remember Manning as a hobbled shell of his former self, he needs to shut down and get right for what is most likely his last playoff run.

13. The Following 11 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    This is awful news for Manning and I feel bad for him, but he never should have pushed an injury like that. We have enough of a cushion still that I feel confident that Brock can keep the ship on course while he recovers. Elway missed 4 games and Bubby Brister did the same thing. We don't need him to be a hall of famer, we just need Brock to be good. I thought he showed great poise yesterday. I will take a fresh (or close to) Manning for the last part of the season/playoff run (unless Brock is playing out of his mind or something) and it could be a blessing in disguise. I don't want to remember Manning as a hobbled shell of his former self, he needs to shut down and get right for what is most likely his last playoff run.
    This will certainly be a fascinating stretch run for our season. There are differing opinions about how long it might take Manning to heal, probably depending on the severity of the tear. But Vic Lombardi basically said he had this issue last week and Schefter is saying that it "worsened" in this game. He shouldn't have played yesterday if he was already dealing with this. How he heals and how Brock plays will determine if he comes back this year at all.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Manning's gonna push it. That's what a coach and training staff are for - to make the necessary call. Remember though: this is the team that put Al Wilson back on the field with an injury that would end his career. The Broncos are known for being good to players in many regards, but taking it cautiously with injuries is not one of them.

Let Brock get some play and see what happens with Manning in the next few weeks. We'll see how many other tough calls we get to make before the playoffs get here.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

I guess that explains the listless, floating passes. What about the accuracy problems or the throws directly in the chest of a defender with absolutely nobody else around? I commend him for trying but it wasn't the best thing for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

18. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    If it's just regular plantar fasciitis, he should be ok with treatment. I'm no athlete, but I deal with it daily and as long as you stay ahead of it with NSAIDs and other methods of proactive treatment, it's not that bad. Now, if he has a torn or even partially torn ligament in his foot, that's a different story.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    If it's just regular plantar fasciitis, he should be ok with treatment. I'm no athlete, but I deal with it daily and as long as you stay ahead of it with NSAIDs and other methods of proactive treatment, it's not that bad. Now, if he has a torn or even partially torn ligament in his foot, that's a different story.
    In rebuttal, Manning uses his legs to generate all the power on his throws since he's come back. He needs to be 100% from the waist down to be effective imo.

Lower body injuries that an athlete, or even a QB should "normally" be able to deal with, are major factors for Manning post neck surgeries.

Great post and where I'm at. I hate seeing the great Peyton Manning like this - makes me sick to my stomach. Just has been such a sudden and sad dropoff.

Between the Broncos yesterday and the Pats squeaking yet another win out and even the Rousey debacle just a crap sports weekend all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

So is this the Phantom injury I and others have been expecting? Or is this a real injury? I've said for a while they need to let him bow out gracefully if he didn't improve and was shown to be done. Benching because of injury is a lot easier to swallow than benched for a guy who has never started because the team no longer has faith in him. I don't think Manning will ever really be healthy while playing football again. Is this just the excuse to end his career with some dignity or will he be back later this season. I know nothing about a torn Plantar Fascia.

23. The Following User High Fived gregbroncs For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information