Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Will Football (Literally) Die As It Was Born?

No, it means I can barely keep my eyes open and football's not the only thing I debate far too much (at least I've had the sense to avoid more P&R posts here: You people haven't SEEN long....) Rest assured I've read all the replies despite lacking time to type out the thoughts they prompted. The Hardy thread with all the usual suspects was priceless though: From "no lifetime ban, not the NFLs fault" to "lifetime ban, evil Cowboys shouldn't hire him, NFL lax" just that quick.

Don't worry: No one's mad at the NFL, because Hardy doesn't reflect an NFL culture of indulging domestic violence; he's just an isolated rogue individual. Like Manziel. And Rice. And Rapistburger. And whoever the NFL protects from condemnation next. Fetishes are fine, but the NFL needs a safe word: It's all fun and games UNTIL someone gets hurt.

Anyway, I'll get back to ya'll.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Yep. Nearly 1,700 players every year, but three (as named by Joek) define the entire industry because it represents 1.7647% of them.

Brilliant.

Don't bother getting back to us Joel. You have no ground to stand on, although your excuses for not are amusing.

Ray Rice was reinstated, as I'm sure everyone know. The only reason he isn't playing somewhere is because his past year he only averaged 3.0ypc. Someone would be paying him to carry the rock if they thought he still had something to contribute.

That's the only difference between he and Hardy, well that and Rice showed a lot more remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Ray Rice was reinstated, as I'm sure everyone know. The only reason he isn't playing somewhere is because his past year he only averaged 3.0ypc. Someone would be paying him to carry the rock if they thought he still had something to contribute.

That's the only difference between he and Hardy, well that and Rice showed a lot more remorse.
    He's not on a team because of the video that came out of him knocking his wife out, then dragging her out. Baltimore released him, and no one wanted to touch that media problem. But Dallas just paid big dollars to the douche, THEN the pictures came out. Now Dallas is just trying to play it off because Jerry Jones never wants to admit he made a mistake. Instead of being "America's Team" and setting the example, he's standing pat and looking like the fool.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    He's not on a team because of the video that came out of him knocking his wife out, then dragging her out. Baltimore released him, and no one wanted to touch that media problem. But Dallas just paid big dollars to the douche, THEN the pictures came out. Now Dallas is just trying to play it off because Jerry Jones never wants to admit he made a mistake. Instead of being "America's Team" and setting the example, he's standing pat and looking like the fool.
    I think if Rice was as talented as Hardy he'd be playing somewhere, possibly in Dallas, lol. Jerry Jones isn't the only jerk in the NFL.

6. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Yes, it will. This overly litigated society will force cities to ban tackle football. All due to insurance issues. It will follow into high schools and really for the same reasons. This is the world we live in.

We will see what will be next. Hockey? Not that I care, but there are concussion in that too. The NHL has 82 game seasons.

Oh, and there have also been studies done that show concussions are more prevalent in soccer.

http://www.newsleader.com/story/spor...ling/29268651/

The lawyers will not stop until the insurance cancels their policies. That is when you will see it dissolve. No little league football, no HS football, leads to no college football.

I just wonder if ALL professions that have long term health risks will be pursued. You know how many professions that is? Hey, don't people die in NASCAR or motor corss etc etc etc?

With the movie Concussion coming out and the typical hype created by the media types (you know who they are. Greenberg types) I am thinking less than 10 years the sport will be banned in this country.
    Last edited by Broncoknight30; 11-28-2015 at 05:48 AM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information