Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we proceed with caution?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Default Should we proceed with caution?

It took me nearly a year to look at the evidence and conclude Peyton was done.

From the rams game last year until Cleveland he has been below average.

Until before the Cleveland game, I still thought he was our best option and that he would come good, but in the end, the tape was not lying.

So, then green bay happened lol

My question is, just as it took nearly a year for me move on from being a manning sycophant, should we not wait and see if this was a one off before presuming that he is "back"?

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    It took me nearly a year to look at the evidence and conclude Peyton was done.

From the rams game last year until Cleveland he has been below average.

Until before the Cleveland game, I still thought he was our best option and that he would come good, but in the end, the tape was not lying.

So, then green bay happened lol

My question is, just as it took nearly a year for me move on from being a manning sycophant, should we not wait and see if this was a one off before presuming that he is "back"?
    NO!
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

3. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

**** no.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

No......we will proceed with bending fools over like a 1890s whore on payday, and then kick the refs square in the balls for good measure.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Manning was never the PROBLEM in the first place: Last nights Manning looked like 2013 regular season Manning; our other 6 games he looked like 2013 postseason Manning. Now, unless someone thinks Father Time caught up with him over the 2013 playoff bye, then disappeared after THIS bye, there must be a non-QB explanation. And there is:

San Diego showed the NFL how to beat 2013 Manning even amid his record-shattering season, then a far better Seahawks D and run game underscored it for the whole PLANET in SB XLVIII. If one looked closely, it was clear as far back as Manning audibling to Hillman runs trying but FAILING to run out the clock against Baltimore in the 2012 playoffs (leaving them down a TD with no time outs and 0:38 on their own 20 STILL should've been good enough if Moore could do a safeties most basic job, but wouldn't have beaten N*.)

Last night, Manning tried the same thing most of the second half—but this time it WORKED because the LINE showed up, both opening holes for our RBs and protecting their QB so he could exploit that with play-action over the middle and deep balls when the D started watching the RBs more than the QB and WRs.

YES, we should proceed with caution: Green Bays D came into this game already ranked low in rushing average (though they were 2nd only to us in sacks through 6 games.) Until/unless we run like that with CONSISTENCY we can't count on it, and the same for pass protection (though this is the second straight game Manning's had good protection; he's starting to expect it again, and that should scare every team BUT ours.) But I've long said this team with a line would be unstoppable. If that's where we FINALLY are....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Manning has earned the right to a week without being told he's trash. 1 good game vs 10 poor games obviously says he isn't back (yet). We will learn a lot the rest of the season in regards to him being back. He's never going to be the old manning but if he can not turning it over and manage the game perfectly as he did today we will win the super bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Manning was never the PROBLEM in the first place: Last nights Manning looked like 2013 regular season Manning; our other 6 games he looked like 2013 postseason Manning. Now, unless someone thinks Father Time caught up with him over the 2013 playoff bye, then disappeared after THIS bye, there must be a non-QB explanation. And thereof is:

San Diego showed the NFL how to beat 2013 Manning even amid his record-shattering season, then a far better Seahawks D and run game underscored it for the whole PLANET in SB XLVIII. If one looked closely, it was clear as far back as Manning audibling to Hillman runs trying but FAILING to run out the clock against Baltimore in the 2012 playoffs (leaving them down a TD with no time outs and 0:38 on their own 20 STILL should've been good enough if Moore could do a safeties most basic job, but wouldn't have beaten N*.)

Last night, Manning tried the same thing most of the second half—but this time it WORKED because the LINE showed up, both opening holes for our RBs and protecting their QB so he could exploit that with play-action over the middle and deep balls when the D started watching the RBs more than the QB and WRs.

YES, we should proceed with caution: Green Bays D came into this game already ranked low in rushing average (though they were 2nd only to us in sacks through 6 games.) Until/unless we run like that with CONSISTENCY we can't count on it, and the same for pass protection (though this is the second straight game Manning's had good protection; he's starting to expect it again, and that should scare every team BUT ours.) But I've long said this team with a line would be unstoppable. If that's where we FINALLY are....
    Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Yashahla17 View Post
    Manning has earned the right to a week without being told he's trash. 1 good game vs 10 poor games obviously says he isn't back (yet). We will learn a lot the rest of the season in regards to him being back. He's never going to be the old manning but if he can not turning it over and manage the game perfectly as he did today we will win the super bowl.
    ??? You didn't get to walk in the eighth grade ceremony, did you?

Did you? Because I'm sure no teacher ever taught you to start a sentence with question marks. Piss off

I'm sorry.....I couldn't understand your incoherent mumbling with 18s junk shoved down your throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Did you? Because I'm sure no teacher ever taught you to start a sentence with question marks. Piss off
    My, we're getting fired up this morning.

Default How gracious!

Manning has earned the right to a week without being told he's trash.
    Manning need only complete 72% of passes for 340 yds and you'll deign to allow him the basic respect EVERYONE deserves—for a WEEK: Someones parents raised them right. Go find that person and ask them to teach you how to be a decent human being. "Hurry, hurry!"
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

18. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    My, we're getting fired up this morning.
    Ive been fired up all night, getting attacked left and right. Mainly for giving manning props in my own special kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Manning need only complete 72% of passes for 340 yds and you'll deign to allow him the basic respect EVERYONE deserves—for a WEEK: Someones parents raised them right. Go find that person and ask them to teach you how to be a decent human being. "Hurry, hurry!"
    True enough. I just want to see if he can sustain being a game manager. Especially as it starts to get cold. Him being a game manager is the only way for him at this point.

Do game managers pass for 340 yards?
    RIP Cameron, D, & D

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dean For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information