Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good and the Bad: Week 8

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default The Good and the Bad: Week 8

Wow, what a game tonight. Talk about firing on all cylinders. I have nothing bad to say about this team anymore. We are a legit super bowl contender.

Good:

Peyton- Man had himself a game tonight. Hate that he didn't get a TD for his efforts, but he certainly made a bunch of people, myself included, look foolish tonight. That late pick stung, but I can forgive it with the game he had.

CJ/Hillman: Both were straight balling tonight. So awesome to see the run game click like that. They were men on a mission tonight. CJ might have been our player of the game.

Green/Daniels: Awesome to see our tight ends finally wake up from their slumber. Great game by them tonight.

DT: Dude was just a flat out beast tonight. Making plays all up and down the field.

Fowler: Made some nice clutch catches tonight. Guy has definitely locked up the WR3 spot IMO.

Pass rush: Rodgers did a great job evading it, but we were up his ass all night. Finally started getting those sacks in the 4th.

Ware: He gets a special call out for that beautiful strip-sack.

Secondary: Great grades all around. As much time as Arod bought himself, they were locking down their receivers all day.

McManus: Was money again. Totally solid.

Bad:

The refs. They were total shit tonight but we overcame it.

No Broncos in this column tonight. Hell even Malik even avoided a stupid play tonight, so you know the team was firing on all cylinders. What a complete team win tonight. So awesome to see. Go Broncos!

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

OL?
    Kubiak?

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    OL?
    Kubiak?
    I typed this up pretty quickly but yes, they deserve praise all-around as well. Manning was untouched tonight and the playcalling was on point. Again, just a total team win from top to bottom.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I think Schofield has won the RT job outright, even if Sambrailo takes Harris back out of the lineup at LT. Mathis looked really good tonight too.

7. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Hell even Malik even avoided a stupid play tonight, so you know the team was firing on all cylinders.
    It's funny, because it's true. And because we won. Dominated; first dominant win of the season, and it's against a SB favorite: BONUS!

What a complete team win tonight. So awesome to see. Go Broncos!
    Nothing more to add, really: Game ball to EVERYONE!
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

The OL. Through and through.

Funny how manning and the run game suddenly look good when the OL does their job. What a coincidence.

The defense was awesome too!
    Great team win.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

While it did feel slanted, not all the penalties were bad calls. We gave up a boatload of yards on penalties. That needs to be cleaned up. That's all I can think of for negatives.

I think this is the first game of the year where we didn't have a single dropped pass.

12. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    While it did feel slanted, not all the penalties were bad calls. We gave up a boatload of yards on penalties. That needs to be cleaned up. That's all I can think of for negatives.

I think this is the first game of the year where we didn't have a single dropped pass.
    In more good news I did not have to consult a doctor about an erection lasting longer than 4 hours.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

In more good news I did not have to consult a doctor about an erection lasting longer than 4 hours.
    Ew.

16. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Funny how manning and the run game suddenly look good when the OL does their job. What a coincidence.
    No kidding, and who gets the bulk of the credit the same way they got the bulk of the blame when we couldn't run OR pass. Does that even out? If we ignore their salaries?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Some of the best crow I've ever eaten.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived OrangeFanatic For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

This was a total beatdown. Could you imagine a Manning performance where he has one pick and zero touchdown passes and come away saying he had a great game??

I want to watch a repeat performance against Lady Brady at the end of the month.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

22. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    This was a total beatdown. Could you imagine a Manning performance where he has one pick and zero touchdown passes and come away saying he had a great game??

I want to watch a repeat performance against Lady Brady at the end of the month.
    He got us to the red zone with lots of huge passes after we gouged them for so many runs they HAD to honor it; after that, I really don't care with Manning gets all the TDs or Anderson and Hillman do. They both did their part to get us there (else Manning wouldn't have had >300 yds and a high completion percentage) which is why EITHER were capable of scoring once we did. He had an easy bootleg TD to Caldwell called back because of a ticky tack penalty, so we just ran it in on the very next play.

THAT'S how Historys Greatest Offense, looks folks. Imagine what we'd have accomplished by now if we'd rebuilt the line 2-3 years ago.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Amazing game.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

25. The Following 5 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Broncos playing offense=Happy Gilmore learning how to putt

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived WJK For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information