Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Props to Peyton(So far)

Default Props to Peyton(So far)

I am not going to post this in some huge thread, I think it deserves it's own. Move it if you wish.

I have been one of Peyton's biggest critics this season, I did not want him this year, and I wanted a change at the bye.

If I am to bitch about the bad, I have to be fair and praise the good.

While it is still early in this game, and I still have my doubts over the rest of the season, Peyton is playing fantastic. He is proving me wrong and damn-it I want to be wrong...bad.

He is throwing accurately, moving around, hitting deep. He is forcing the defense to respect the passing and it is opening up the run.

Keep proving me wrong Peyton and I will be more than happy to hand out the props as well as be first in line to say I was wrong.

Again, this is still early, way early, but I have hope.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I would've waited till the game was over but yeah
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

No matter how bad he plays the rest of this game, I have seen enough from him to say I was wrong and he can do this.

5. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    No matter how bad he plays the rest of this game, I have seen enough from him to say I was wrong and he can do this.
    What will you say when he throws an ugly pick in the fourth quarter?

Will I praise him for it? No.

Do I still think Brock is a better fit for this type of offense? Absolutely.

So far though, what can I say?

My arguments against Peyton is he can't throw it down field and he can't move around on rollouts.

He has done both with success so far in this game and if he is doing the very things I said he couldn't, it is only fair I prop him for it.

If he had so far done what he has previous to this game, I would be ragging on him and saying we should have just gone with Brock. If he does what he is suppose to do and I don't prop him for it just like I would rag him, what does that say about me?

He, so far, is proving he can run this offense, in a hybrid way, and is so far proving me wrong.

8. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

So there's the pick

If he can continue 21-29 for 340, I will let an int slide.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

If he can continue 21-29 for 340, I will let an int slide.
    What's his QBR?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

So not great. If he throws a TD here it'll go up.

I am not even asking him to be great, I just want him to be a functioning part of the offense.

I didn't have the slightest bit of faith he could run this offense.

I blamed the struggles of the run game on him, there was 0 reason for defenses to sit back, they could crowd the line, so where does the running game find room to run?

He made them respect it today. That respect opened up the running lanes because he was hitting the deep throws.

That is all I ask. I don't care if he leads the league in passing yards, we are a running team now, he needs to be functional.

We had 160 yards and 3 tds on the ground. We can win a superbowl with this offense, but he HAS to make them respect the rollouts and the deep throws. Today, he did.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    96.9 is very, very good.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

QBR isn't the same as the old system. 96.9 is very good.

That pick was one that wouldn't had happened had we not had such a strong lead.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    QBR isn't the same as the old system. 96.9 is very good. That pick was one that wouldn't had happened had we not had such a strong lead.
    QBR is ESPNs system that goes from 0-100. I knew pulse was giving me the standard quarterback rating. Peyton's 96.9 was good, but not great. I'm not saying I don't think Peyton had a good game, because he did, but he still threw a bad pass for a pick in the fourth.

Anything >90 is pretty good; doing it without any TD bonus is outstanding. Just because the WCO is practially DESIGNED for a rating system that gives a guy 15 pts for completing -5 yd passes shouldn't blind us to genuinely great performances. Pretty much all three of our TDs were set up with long Manning passes (in turn set up by gouging GB for big runs all night) and that's all I want from the pass: Get me first downs, and get me to the red zone; from there, the run can punch it in as easily as the pass.

As for ESPNs system: It's full of so much arbitrary subjective eye-of-the-beholder crap it makes the NFL passer rating look rigorous and objective; irrelevant.

Manning had an amazing night because his line CONSISTENTLY 1) opened rushing holes out of the backfield and few INTO it, setting up play-action and keeping the D guessing generally, and 2) protected him so he could exploit the opportunities those runs created. The talking heads did their job talking about this being a "SHUT UP!" game for Manning, but the guys who truly needed and fully achieved that were the linemen who'd been the leagues laughinstock since this time LAST year. 'Course, 3 are gone now; wonder why....
    Last edited by Joel; 11-02-2015 at 12:15 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information