Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Rodgers

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Default Aaron Rodgers

I have a giant Man-Crush on him. I still hope we destroy the Packers but some of his stats are ridiculous.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/119635674.html

In Elway We Trust

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

**** we didn't have a pick that year. Too bad we drafted Cutler the next year...
    In Elway We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    **** we didn't have a pick that year. Too bad we drafted Cutler the next year...
    As bad as ****ler was, there weren't many other options.

2006 draft

Vince Young
    Matt Leinart
    Kellen Clemens
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Charlie Whitehurst
    Ingle Martin
    Bruce Gradkowski
    DJ Shockley

2007 draft

Jamarcus Russell
    Brady Quinn
    Kevin Kolb
    John Beck
    Drew Stanton
    Trent Edwards
    Isaiah Stanback
    Jeff Rowe
    Jordan Palmer
    Tyler Thigpen

6. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

He's the only one on that list that's still starting in the NFL. It's amazing Cutler had his best season as a Bronco and pretty much went downhill from there. This just shows how hard it is to find a franchise QB.
    In Elway We Trust

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

He's the only one on that list that's still starting in the NFL. It's amazing Cutler had his best season as a Bronco and pretty much went downhill from there. This just shows how hard it is to find a franchise QB.
    Or the PERMANENT effect good and bad QB coaches and lines can have on a talented young player. Cutler wasn't a finished product after just two-and-a-half years starting for Shanny; Lovie Smith and Chicagos Swiss cheese line were never going to finish the job any better than they did with Grossman and Orton. That whole organization's a train wreck; Cutler's just one highly visible piece of debris.

As for Rodgers, MOST of his stats are unbelievable. Like, there's lots of QBs with high completion and TD percentages, some of whom have low Int percentages or high rushing averages, but NOBODY has completion, TD and rushing numbers that high with Int and fumble numbers that low. He's Elway with slightly more accuracy and slightly less arm.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Also, full marks to the Journal Sentinel using THREE asterisks to denote Bradys SB "wins."
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

This Sunday night, Demarcus Ware is going to show the world why he was drafted before Aaron Rogers.

*mic drop*
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

12. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Total Homo.

I have a giant Man-Crush on him. I still hope we destroy the Packers but some of his stats are ridiculous. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/119635674.html
    I do too. He's a total stud. Everything you want in a QB, smart enough to be on Jeopardy, gives great sound bites, and has Olivia Munn at home.

Dude is winning at life.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

15. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I do too. He's a total stud. Everything you want in a QB, smart enough to be on Jeopardy, gives great sound bites, and has Olivia Munn at home. Dude is winning at life.
    An American winning machine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Interesting...

Aaron Rodgers Reportedly Has Not Talked to His Parents or Brothers in Two Years -

One source, who was close to Rodgers for years but is among the many who have since been cut off by Rodgers entirely, said the quarterback has not spoken to his family since December 2014. Don’t feel too bad, J-Mike. Immediate family members don’t even have his cellphone number. When Mom and Dad sent Christmas presents to the quarterback and his girlfriend that year, the source said, those gifts were mailed back in February. He was set to be the groomsman in the wedding of one of his closest friends, the source said, and texted the day before he couldn’t attend.

He didn’t attend his grandfather’s funeral—the same grandfather he once called before every game. He fired a business manager he’s known since high school. The family was told they were no longer welcome in Green Bay. If Dad wants to attend a game now, he buys tickets on StubHub or goes through another player’s family.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-packers-need#

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Interesting...

Aaron Rodgers Reportedly Has Not Talked to His Parents or Brothers in Two Years -
    Wow, what a crazy article. I never knew he was the silent leader/perfectionist/headcase type. This was particularly interesting to me:

"If he's joking with a guy and the guy comes back at him, he doesn't take it too well," Finley said. "Because of what position he's in, he thinks guys are supposed to bow down to him I guess."
    I can't stand people like that. There was a guy I work with who moved here from Michigan who is a huge Minnesota fan. We got pretty close at work and started hanging out, doing BBQs and whatnot and he seemed like a cool guy. He gave me so much shit when the Broncos lost their first game after both teams started 4-0 so I returned the favor last week after their losing streak and I pissed him right off. He hasn't even said "Hi" back to me at work since then so he can go **** himself.

I like Aaron Rodgers, but it sounds like he has some personal demons. Seems like he is trying to compartmentalize his life into things he can control and shut out things he can't according to that article. Pretty crazy, he always seemed like such a laid back dude.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I got news for Finley, it's not Rodgers job to romance his teammates. QB's that don't get along with receivers is nothing new. Kellen Winslow couldn't ****ing stand Dan Fouts, this dynamic is prevalent across the world of football.

I'd much prefer this kind of leader than the pretentious Ray Ray Lewis sermons or Tim Tebow Polyanna bullshit. Drew Brees pre game shit is utterly eye rolling comical.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

20. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Interesting...

Interesting. That's around the time his game started to be less than great.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information