Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 8 (Packers week)

Default Practice / press conference notes - week 8 (Packers week)

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 11m11 minutes ago

Bye week was good-Ware, Thompson, Demaryius, Mathis, Sanders all practicing #9news #9sports

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16m16 minutes ago

DeMarcus Ware is back at practice. Shane Ray is the only Bronco not on the field.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago

Fitting week of tributes for #Broncos owner Pat Bowlen will include dedication of fieldhouse.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m3 minutes ago

Broncos just renamed indoor facility Pat Bowlen Fieldhouse at UCHealth Training Center #sings #9NEWS #9sports

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak said Ware looked good. Said Emmanuel practiced about half time. Will be full go on Wednesday

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

Kubiak: "I think if Ty (Sambrailo) is ready to go he'll be our starter."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

One of #broncos biggest challenge is not giving Rodgers a free play. "He is the master of the free play."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 4m4 minutes ago UCHealth Training Center

Kubiak on #GBvsDEN: "When you don't give up points, you're going to win in this league, and that's what these teams have done."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 2m2 minutes ago UCHealth Training Center

Kubiak: "Today was just about getting back to work. ... We'll move onto Green Bay on Wednesday."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 30s31 seconds ago UCHealth Training Center

Kubiak on #BowlenROF: "I'm proud to be part of it. ... It's been a long time coming. It will be a special day for him and his family."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 46s47 seconds ago

Kubiak said that Richard Gordon could help settle TE position down.. That will give more flexibility in formations and position "grow"

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Please don't take the following as a shot Von Doom.

If you haven't downloaded the Broncos app on google play or itunes store, you should. Both are free and you can get updates and photos in a non-Twitter format.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Please don't take the following as a shot Von Doom.

If you haven't downloaded the Broncos app on google play or itunes store, you should. Both are free and you can get updates and photos in a non-Twitter format.
    No worries. I'm usually on a computer all day at work, so if I'm looking at Twitter and I see stuff happening, I post it here. I figure in case people come here first for Broncos info, at least this kind of stuff is all in one place, you know?

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

I'm looking up some very basic stats for this game. Some interesting numbers here:

Total Offense - Denver #29 overall, Green Bay #12
    Passing Offense - Denver #18, Green Bay #22 (that was the most surprising one I found)
    Rushing Offense - Denver #30, Green Bay #8
    Points per game - Denver #15, Green Bay #5

Total Defense - Denver #1, Green Bay #14
    Passing Defense - Denver #1, Green Bay #12
    Rushing Defense - Denver #4, Green Bay #22
    Points allowed - Denver #2 (tied), Green Bay #1 (also surprising to me; the difference is one point, and yes, I know, the pick sixes and such count against our defense even though they shouldn't. I have no idea if GB has allowed any defensive / ST TD's. I guess my main point is that they give up decent yards but clamp down when it comes to points)

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    No worries. I'm usually on a computer all day at work, so if I'm looking at Twitter and I see stuff happening, I post it here. I figure in case people come here first for Broncos info, at least this kind of stuff is all in one place, you know?
    I get it, and I'm glad you do it. I don't use it, but I always read the tweets that you and Carol post. I prefer to get the news in more of an article format or from the boob tube. Thanks though. I hope I didn't come off as a whiny ingrate.

I think GB is going to run on Denver. Lacy and Starks both.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I think they may TRY to run on Denver - but will they succeed - I don't think so

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

13. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

I get it, and I'm glad you do it. I don't use it, but I always read the tweets that you and Carol post. I prefer to get the news in more of an article format or from the boob tube. Thanks though. I hope I didn't come off as a whiny ingrate.
    Nah, of course not. I actually used to hate Twitter, but I find it's the best method of getting news as it happens, depending on who you're following. Carol usually comes in and posts the real article versions of these things later, which is great if you're looking for that. I kind of like reading them in short bursts. Maybe it's because my attention span has gotten worse as I've gotten older

15. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Don't forget that Rodgers is very mobile (I mean, he's good at everything, but this is just one more thing he's good at). He can extend plays and run when there's nothing open. We're going to have to be careful not to be too aggressive in this game or he will take advantage of that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I'm looking up some very basic stats for this game. Some interesting numbers here:

Total Offense - Denver #29 overall, Green Bay #12
    Passing Offense - Denver #18, Green Bay #22 (that was the most surprising one I found)
    Rushing Offense - Denver #30, Green Bay #8
    Points per game - Denver #15, Green Bay #5

Total Defense - Denver #1, Green Bay #14
    Passing Defense - Denver #1, Green Bay #12
    Rushing Defense - Denver #4, Green Bay #22
    Points allowed - Denver #2 (tied), Green Bay #1 (also surprising to me; the difference is one point, and yes, I know, the pick sixes and such count against our defense even though they shouldn't. I have no idea if GB has allowed any defensive / ST TD's. I guess my main point is that they give up decent yards but clamp down when it comes to points)
    To me they maintain drives and keep defense off the field. They rush a lot and eat up clock. I bet they are solid in red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    To me they maintain drives and keep defense off the field. They rush a lot and eat up clock. I bet they are solid in red zone.
    I checked these because I was curious. They're 17th in time of possession (almost exactly average - 29:57 per game) and 15th in red zone TD's (59.09%). It seems more likely that the defense is of the "bend but don't break" variety. If only we had an offense that could break them ...

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I am willing to bet that Rodgers ends up with more rushing yards than Lacy. Lacy looks really bad and ineffective this year. He's just fat and slow - I don't see him having any success against us.

The thing that does worry me is that we love to play man coverage and Rodgers is the best at escaping the pass rush - so I could see him running for like 50+ yards against us fairly easily.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I checked these because I was curious. They're 17th in time of possession (almost exactly average - 29:57 per game) and 15th in red zone TD's (59.09%). It seems more likely that the defense is of the "bend but don't break" variety. If only we had an offense that could break them ...
    We might be able to bend them into like many 50+ FGs

21. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

I am willing to bet that Rodgers ends up with more rushing yards than Lacy. Lacy looks really bad and ineffective this year. He's just fat and slow - I don't see him having any success against us.

The thing that does worry me is that we love to play man coverage and Rodgers is the best at escaping the pass rush - so I could see him running for like 50+ yards against us fairly easily.
    Marshall or travathan will get him, we have some of the quicker sideline to sideline LB. No to me tonight Ward is on a tear and everywhere.

I bet a goal will be to contain Rodgers in the pocket like Wilson.

23. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information